Umesh Yadav to replace Shardul Thakur in India’s ODI squad

speedheat

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

if we keep bringing all under-performing players against minnows then how are we going to test and try new players and develop them.  If we want to build a great team, we need to be less emotional about current players and objectively should always try to find new players and see if they can help build that great team.

I was thinking the same thing. What is point of playing WI if you do not bring out your bench and potentials into playing XI. None of the established bowlers should be there and may be one or 2 established bats.

On 10/16/2018 at 7:46 PM, express bowling said:

Umesh is not the ideal bowler for ODIs ... but still better than Shardul, Kaul and Chahar.

Atleast he can take wickets, although he is likely to be more expensive than is ideal.

True ,as average as umesh is in odis he still is much better than those options .

Umesh has 1.4 wkts per match @32 which is not bad at all ,it's only the death bowling which has been his bane 

On 10/16/2018 at 6:02 PM, speedheat said:

Link

The All-India Senior Selection Committee has named Umesh Yadav as Shardul Thakur’s replacement in India’s squad for the first two ODIs against Windies.

Mr Thakur suffered a right adductor tendon injury and has been ruled out of the Paytm ODI series.

Possibly ruled out for Australia series too.

I think hardik kedar and shardul are ruled out of Australian tour due to injury.

Hanuma could play as only spinner batsman along with 4 pacers in Australia or may be ash and hanuma and 3 pacers.

18 minutes ago, Adi BB said:

True ,as average as umesh is in odis he still is much better than those options .

Umesh has 1.4 wkts per match @32 which is not bad at all ,it's only the death bowling which has been his bane 

So many new pacers are on view tbey could have been selected and kinda trained at least.

There is no point selecting umesh and then sitting him on bench as I think khaleel and shammi may play with 3 spinners.

Umesh ...even a kid knows is suited for test n not short games..he has never succeeded big-time in odi or t20....I don't think he will succeed much in odi...may be he gets wickets but will be expensive.

6 minutes ago, UnknownGenius said:

Useless bowler in ODI. Phaaaast but braindead

People here have no clue about cricket - unnecessarily overhyping phaaast bowlers like Yadav and Aaron who repeatedly come short in internation ODI cricket and T20 cricket

Deepak Chahar way better than these two for these formats

They ll go hiding when he does like ****. They ll show up when he gets a wic once in 10 games:giggle: That's why no one gives a * about their mohalla opinion.