King Kohli averages 59 in ODIs now

FischerTal

12 hours ago, Khota said:

Vijay had absolutely no business in the team. openers hurt the most. Pandya adds no value but bowling was good. batting neede some upgrades that were missing.

If openers stink how is it Kohli's fault.Vijay was best opener till 2017 .I did not find  any reason which shows Kohli was at fault in your argument.

Was trying to find the right words to describe Kohli's feat when I read this Tweet by Sachin - 'The intensity and consistency with which you bat is just amazing. @imVkohli, congratulations on achieving 10,000 runs in ODIs. Keep the runs flowing...'

Obviously none of us here have watched Don Bradman play, but you imagine how it would have felt to witness a batsmen who seems so much head and shoulders above his peers..There have been batsmen who have had purple patches that lasted many years - Just look at Ponting's record b/w 2000-2006 - there have been batsmen whose gameday intensity was like none other, but no one, absolutely no one has combined the two traits for as long as Kohli has. 

It almost feels like one should simply hand Kohli the greatest ODI batsmen of all time plaque now until you realize he trails Sachin by almost 9000 runs in total tally. But this is batting at a completely different level. This is a mission to decimate opposition bowlers.

On 10/24/2018 at 5:22 AM, Khota said:

Vijay had absolutely no business in the team. openers hurt the most. Pandya adds no value but bowling was good. batting neede some upgrades that were missing.

the only game we won in England was because of Pandya's 5-fer and you are saying Pandya add no value. 

On 10/23/2018 at 7:56 PM, mishra said:

I firmly believe that someone like Yuvi Dhoni of 2011 will allways chase down 300+ with modern 2 new ball cricket. Just watch todays game. SL scored 366 against some very decent bowling lineup. England are 48/4 but they will most likely still cross 300, if they dont try to win the game.

W

Did England cross 300?

3 hours ago, Ram said:

Was trying to find the right words to describe Kohli's feat when I read this Tweet by Sachin - 'The intensity and consistency with which you bat is just amazing. @imVkohli, congratulations on achieving 10,000 runs in ODIs. Keep the runs flowing...'

Obviously none of us here have watched Don Bradman play, but you imagine how it would have felt to witness a batsmen who seems so much head and shoulders above his peers..There have been batsmen who have had purple patches that lasted many years - Just look at Ponting's record b/w 2000-2006 - there have been batsmen whose gameday intensity was like none other, but no one, absolutely no one has combined the two traits for as long as Kohli has. 

It almost feels like one should simply hand Kohli the greatest ODI batsmen of all time plaque now until you realize he trails Sachin by almost 9000 runs in total tally. But this is batting at a completely different level. This is a mission to decimate opposition bowlers.

even bradman scored only 6000 runs, still considered the greatest test batsman ever.

3 hours ago, Jersey #10 said:

Been there done that. They said Cook will break God's record... LOL

Kohli is just riding a peak.

TBH, impossible task for Kohli as he is already 30, still close to 9000 runs  behind. dont see him playing beyond 6-7 years more.  SRT was i think 28 when he completed his 10K runs.

Edited by rkt.india
2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

TBH, impossible task for Kohli as he is already 30, still close to 9000 runs  behind. dont see him playing beyond 6-7 years more.  SRT was i think 28 when he completed his 10K runs.

I hope Kohli does not go for the aggregate run record.   Play as long as he has ability, be it age 36 or 39, and then retire gracefully.

The greatest batsmen and greatest bowlers are not decided by aggregate records.

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

I hope Kohli does not go for the aggregate run record.   Play as long as he has ability, be it age 36 or 39, and then retire gracefully.

The greatest batsmen and greatest bowlers are not decided by aggregate records.

same i said in the post above that.

11 hours ago, Ram said:

Number of runs scored is by product of no of matches played.Even Jaya and Sanga have scored more than Kohli but they are not even in same ball park as Kohli as Odi batsmen.