If you could pick one bowler to bowl the final over... ( :) )

vvvslaxman

10 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Apart from the video posted above of the famous Sachin heroics in hero cup, didn’t he almost pull

off a similar heist against Inzamam?

Probably the greatest clutch last over bowler :proud:

One that i remember is 1992 at Perth. India bowled out all 4 fast bowlers. 40 overs gone. Windies has 10 overs to score 5 runs with 1 wicket in hand. Sachin conceded 4 runs and took Andy cummins in his first over of the match. Match ended in tie.

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

One that i remember is 1992 at Perth. India bowled out all 4 fast bowlers. 40 overs gone. Windies has 10 overs to score 5 runs with 1 wicket in hand. Sachin conceded 4 runs and took Andy cummins in his first over of the match. Match ended in tie.

I believe Azhar took an outstanding catch in the slips on that delivery as well IIRC.

Too many clutch last overs. I think Sachins strength was reading the batsman. He did that too many times for someone who was little more than a part timer. Even though in 92 and 94 time frame he was a regular 5th bowler.

41 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

I believe Azhar took an outstanding catch in the slips on that delivery as well IIRC.

Too many clutch last overs. I think Sachins strength was reading the batsman. He did that too many times for someone who was little more than a part timer. Even though in 92 and 94 time frame he was a regular 5th bowler.

In clutch overs you have to do the basics right for a start. No wides, no full tosses.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Guess who was promoted as a pinch hitter in this game but preferred to play as an accumulator scoring 47 off 64 balls? :p:

no but who is it lol

imagine a guy being sent in as a pinch hitter...lol he does everything except that..eveyone else plays well and get tem over 300 but team looses last ball, the 'pinch hitter' who consolidated a test inning of 40 odd in 70 balls lol..hehe who is the champion.

16 minutes ago, Vilander said:

no but who is it lol

imagine a guy being sent in as a pinch hitter...lol he does everything except that..eveyone else plays well and get tem over 300 but team looses last ball, the 'pinch hitter' who consolidated a test inning of 40 odd in 70 balls lol..hehe who is the champion.

Wanna guess? :winky: