All Rounders do not exist.

Khota

5 hours ago, putrevus said:

I am not bothered by Dubey leaking 34 runs , it can happen not a big deal.The biggest problem with Mr.Dubey is he looked awful as batsman.Batting was supposed to be his strong point.

Bowling is a very specialized skill set like batting. Expecting one man to do do both is humanly impossible.

On 2/2/2020 at 5:02 PM, Khota said:

Bowling is a very specialized skill set like batting. Expecting one man to do do both is humanly impossible.

Unless you are Ian Botham in his peak  you don't expect an allrounder to perform with bat and ball every time. What you expect in them doing well in one aspect most of the time  and do well in other aspect 50% of the time.

Kallis was SA's best batsman but he was very capable bowler. Who could always bowl his overs and give rest to his other front line bowler while being great in slips.Him and Botham at his peak were the best allrounders.

Kaps, Imran and Hadlee were best bowlers on their team but pitched in with bat too on occasions.

If you are an allrounder you have to walk into the team based on one skill , other skill is a bonus.

None of these so called allrounders from Indian team including Pandya can do that, Pandya may be can walk into T20 team based on his hitting that is stretching it in my books.

I would not invest any time on these bits and pieces players.Pandya being out in the best thing which has happened to Indian test team.He ruined the team balance with his bits and pieces play.

Some of his fans keep harping on his 5fers but that he took in 6 overs  was a fluke just like Clarke taking 6fer.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Unless you are Ian Botham in his peak  you don't expect an allrounder to perform with bat and ball every time. What you expect in them doing well in one aspect most of the time  and do well in other aspect 50% of the time.

Kallis was SA's best batsman but he was very capable bowler. Who could always bowl his overs and give rest to his other front line bowler while being great in slips.Him and Botham at his peak were the best allrounders.

Kaps, Imran and Hadlee were best bowlers on their team but pitched in with bat too on occasions.

If you are an allrounder you have to walk into the team based on one skill , other skill is a bonus.

None of these so called allrounders from Indian team including Pandya can do that, Pandya may be can walk into T20 team based on his hitting that is stretching it in my books.

I would not invest any time on these bits and pieces players.Pandya being out in the best thing which has happened to Indian test team.He ruined the team balance with his bits and pieces play.

Some of his fans keep harping on his 5fers but that he took in 6 overs  was a fluke just like Clarke taking 6fer.

Baseball used to do that but as found outthat it is not possible. Your body structure changes between batting and bowlig. The favorite example I give is the body for 100m dash is totally different from marathon. Just not possible.

6 hours ago, SUMO said:

Is Darshan Nalkande a batsman?

Nalkande is primarily a fast-medium bowler who has some batting and hitting ability.

List A

Bowling

Matches      8

Wickets.     15

Average.    17.7

ER.               4.4

Batting

SR.           104.5

Average.    28.8

T20s

Bowling

Matches.    9

Wickets.    19

Average.    12 9

ER.               7.8

12 hours ago, Khota said:

Baseball used to do that but as found outthat it is not possible. Your body structure changes between batting and bowlig. The favorite example I give is the body for 100m dash is totally different from marathon. Just not possible.

Cricket is different.Bowlers get ample rest while batting.So in cricket it can be done, you just need the talent to do it.All Indian so called allrounders are bits and pieces players including Pandya.

Stokes is only real allrounder at the moment in world cricket.He is second best batsman on their test team and top three in their shorter formats.

His bowling is only a plus for this team.He is enforcer who makes things happen while bowling and can bowl really long spell if needed.

To call Dubey and Shankar as batsmen itself is a joke.Their batting is also bits and pieces.

Edited by putrevus
11 hours ago, putrevus said:

Cricket is different.Bowlers get ample rest while batting.So in cricket it can be done, you just need the talent to do it.All Indian so called allrounders are bits and pieces players including Pandya.

Stokes is only real allrounder at the moment in world cricket.He is second best batsman on their test team and top three in their shorter formats.

His bowling is only a plus for this team.He is enforcer who makes things happen while bowling and can bowl really long spell if needed.

To call Dubey and Shankar as batsmen itself is a joke.Their batting is also bits and pieces.

Rest is important but to bowl fast you need long arms. To bat you need excellent hand eye coordination with 20/12 vision but for bowling you dont need either. Not easy to excel in vastly different fields.

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Every side needs one now to have that balance. 4 bowlers with the workloads these days arent enough

Pakistan does not need an allrounder. They are just a sheeety team. If your bats only put up a score of 160 your problems are deeper than an allrounder.

Nothing personal, like I have said before you watch a lot of TV but do not understand sports.

Edited by Khota
1 minute ago, Khota said:

Time to kick him out. Jadeja is the real deal and he should play tests not Padya.

Both can play. Jadeja has been playing for 8 years and can struggles overseas. 

Below is a copy and paste of one of my posts:

For a young cricketer with potential, there are advantages to playing test cricket as:

a) You can improve your overall game which helps in other formats as well 

b) Pandya is an excellent fielder too

c) Provides a good 5th bowling option. Now if he gets to bowl more with a relatively new ball, he can even graduate to the 3rd seamers' role where India can play 2 seamers + 2 spinners esp. in certain conditions overseas

d) On rank turners, he can be used to bowl the new ball as well to allow playing 3 spinners 

e) etc. 

I think India owes itself to groom such talents better. If I were India's captain such players, esp. when the hit their peak, are a delight 

1 hour ago, zen said:

Both can play. Jadeja has been playing for 8 years and can struggles overseas. 

Below is a copy and paste of one of my posts:

Pandya has an upside and that is his physical fitness. he needs to focus on bowling to justify his spot. Otherwise jadeja is avery very safe bet and has lot of experience. His fielding is pretty good too. Pandya has not convinced me that he can bowl.

8 hours ago, Khota said:

So the best all rounder in the world Ben Stokes took average of 1 wkt per inning and scored 4.5 runs in an inning. Correct me if I am wrong but both wkts were tails.

Once again kindly show me an allrounder.

For the upteenth time, all rounders do not exist.

Yeah ,that is the norm.Stokes never scores more than 4.5 runs a innings and has never taken more than 1 wkt per innings.

Ridiculous thread

4 hours ago, Adamant said:

Yeah ,that is the norm.Stokes never scores more than 4.5 runs a innings and has never taken more than 1 wkt per innings.

Ridiculous thread

Go thru the whole thread before faulting me for this quote.