Playing Ashwin and Ishant in the same line up means easily leaking 300 runs

Cricketics

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

They will roll out flat tracks to benefit Australian batting. So it is hard to take 20 wickets there. Even their lower order might score some runs. Only way India can win this is with scoreboard pressure.

it will be similar to last time, I think.

Squad is full of ineffective players for these conditions such as Ashwin, Jadeja and Bhuvi. Yadav, Ishant and Shami are not expected to set the scene on fire. Kuldeep is relatively new

Batting has potential duds such as KL (inconsistent), Vijay (if not in form), and Rahane (struggling since 2 yrs), ....

:yawn2:

Edited by zen
7 hours ago, Nikola said:

If you are going to lose with ashwin by small margin i would take risk with kuldeep to loose by big margin. If it works he will win match and series too if not we are anyway not going to win with ashwin.

Overseas especially in SENA, I am only comfortable on taking a gamble on a rookie pacer, not a spinner. Those conditions aren't made for spinners to thrive.  Spinnera aren't wicket takers in these conditions. So better play a more reliable spinner.

11 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Overseas especially in SENA, I am only comfortable on taking a gamble on a rookie pacer, not a spinner. Those conditions aren't made for spinners to thrive.  Spinnera aren't wicket takers in these conditions. So better play a more reliable spinner.

jadeja is more reliable than either. would rather see him or kuldeep play.

10 hours ago, zen said:

Squad is full of ineffective players for these conditions such as Ashwin, Jadeja and Bhuvi. Yadav, Ishant and Shami are not expected to set the scene on fire. Kuldeep is relatively new

Batting has potential duds such as KL (inconsistent), Vijay (if not in form), and Rahane (struggling since 2 yrs), ....

:yawn2:

Most spinners are ineffective in these conditions.

5 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

i think left arm spinners from the subcontinent have been far more effective than  right armers.Herath,Bedi comes into mind. Jadeja seems to be a must

too many left-handers in the Oz batting lineup. Not sure how Jaddu would do against them.

On 12/1/2018 at 2:04 PM, Adi BB said:

Yeah this is easily one of those tours where I have more trust in our bowling than the batters but need many things to fall in place like the toss !

Batting will be fine as the conditions will not be extreme like we saw in SA and ENG. But taking 20 wickets will be the challenge, but for T1 we should go with 4 bowlers. We should avoid a loss in the first match. 

1 hour ago, rtmohanlal said:

that's why I feel all 3 Jadeja,Ashwin & Kuldeep should play.They can form a unit with lots of variety.Bumrah & Bhuvi only are needed as seamers. 

don't think it would work. 3 spinners does not work well even in India. 2 at most is sufficient, and Vihari (if selected) can bowl a few overs as a part-timer.

6 hours ago, Lannister said:

Batting will be fine as the conditions will not be extreme like we saw in SA and ENG. But taking 20 wickets will be the challenge, but for T1 we should go with 4 bowlers. We should avoid a loss in the first match. 

Why not go with 4 Pacers and vihari aa the lone spinner, that way we can have 6 bats as well 

51 minutes ago, Adi BB said:

Why not go with 4 Pacers and vihari aa the lone spinner, that way we can have 6 bats as well 

Isn't Adelaide a spin track? My attack will be Bumrah, Shami/Ishant, Ashwin and Jadeja. This way there will be a depth in the batting and we are certain to not lose this.