So Jadeja is the first choice in over seas series going forward?

vvvslaxman

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

Pujara Kohli and Rahane form the backbone of our test batting. Agreed, of these Rahane is the most useless and unreliable fellow but dropping him ATM is neither sensible nor possible.

Ok that's reasonable enough. But then Vihari is out. We can't keep too many passengers in there hoping that they will one day fulfill their potential. 

20 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Lol, added "as predicted" from your imagination.

Nope. Just go through the 1st test match thread and see the majority of day 4 comments . People were claiming that if Jadeja had got the same rough he would have cleaned up the batting order.

Fact is people expect a lot from Ashwin because he talks a lot and shows off whereas Jadeja always flies under the radar . Again go to the 1st test match thread. Every time Ashwin bowls a short ball there would be 3 4 comments. Jadeja hardly gets mentioned in the match threads.

Anyway guess even the team management agrees that Jadeja has not done anything special. Practice session video shows Ashwin bowling in the nets

Nope. Just go through the 1st test match thread and see the majority of day 4 comments . People were claiming that if Jadeja had got the same rough he would have cleaned up the batting order.

Fact is people expect a lot from Ashwin because he talks a lot and shows off whereas Jadeja always flies under the radar . Again go to the 1st test match thread. Every time Ashwin bowls a short ball there would be 3 4 comments. Jadeja hardly gets mentioned in the match threads.

Anyway guess even the team management agrees that Jadeja has not done anything special. Practice session video shows Ashwin bowling in the nets
Jaddu has not done so badly. Pace bowlers took most wickets so his was just a side role. Bonus is good batting and fielding

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Finally people will understand, especially Ashwin bhakts that Jadeja is better player to pick overseas.

Have had enough debates from last 2 years.

I rest my case.

Jadeja is better 100 times.

better fielder, better containing bowler on unresponsive pitches, better fitness, and now his batting is also better than ashwin (ash's batting has regressed while jaddu's has advanced). ashwin can still be sole spinner overseas in some matches & pitches, especially if there are more lefties. but, in general, I feel that jaddu should be sole spinner on many pitches overseas.

7 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Finally people will understand, especially Ashwin bhakts that Jadeja is better player to pick overseas.

I rest my case.

The key thing with Jadeja is that he always gives his 100% no matter what, Ashwin seems to just give up when things are not going his way. Throws his wicket away even after getting starts, bowls a 1000 different balls when the need of the hour is just to pitch it in the rough. Ethical mind is way overrated on this forum, he may have more potential (favorite term on PP) but lacks the temperament of a hard worker like Jadeja.

a 50+ avg:ing  domestic batsman with 3 300s would naturally be supposed  to have some talent with the bat. Him being a successful spinner already, it was only a matter of  common sense  to  make him a permanent  member  out side ASIA and give him at least the 7th slot. But it took this much  for those incompetent  sense less   concerned to realize this .Now he himself has proven that with his steely resolve by fighting against all odds.  IN ENG 99 runs from 1 test @99 . Here 90 runs @ 30.00 , that too despite  being  forced to slog out for the benefit of the team  in all inns . Here he was worth well set for 100+ , but was made to sacrifice that for team cause. Hope he gets the deserved justice moving forward. It is better late than never.

Pujara Kohli and Rahane form the backbone of our test batting. Agreed, of these Rahane is the most useless and unreliable fellow but dropping him ATM is neither sensible nor possible.
If so many negative adjectives bedeck Rahane, it's better to bring Shubman Gill.
Mayank, Shaw, Pujara, Kohli, Gill, Vihari, Pant will be my dream batting lineup.

I rest my case.

I still remember his 6 wkt haul in Johannesburg.I forget the year.