Prasidh 2nd over

143 ... hits pad and appeal

141 ... 6

144 ... outside edge

142 ... hurries Kohli

144 ... Kohli outside edged... should have been a catch if a slip was there

140 ... rising short ball

Very probing over.

He got a rampant kohli in that over with that non existant slip. Should be noted.

8 hours ago, express bowling said:

Saini  4th over

Slower ... 6

135 ... low full toss ... 6

144 ... good bouncer to Russel ... dot ball

Saini finishes with 1 for 31 from his 4 overs in a high scoring match.  Good bowling despite an expensive last over on a flat pitch.

Bro only thing Saini is missing is a good yorker. If he improves his yorker he will be a complete package. 

15 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Saini and Prasidh along with Shami and Bumrah will form the best pace quartlet outside of Aus currently. Will probably bowl better than the Aus quartlet.

Hopefully in a couple of years we will see this fast bowling lineup - Saini, Bumrah, Prasidh, Mavi, Nagarkoti. Avesh is there too. Healthy fast bowling stocks. 

6 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

After foreign commies raise doubts, speedguns show slower speed for Indisn bowlers. :hehe:

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What doubt? For that matter I have not seen rabada bowling above 150 during SA tour and here he is bowling more than 150 every match , but i can clearly tell you some of Indian bowlers are as sharp as him. 

1 hour ago, bahubali said:

What doubt? For that matter I have not seen rabada bowling above 150 during SA tour and here he is bowling more than 150 every match , but i can clearly tell you some of Indian bowlers are as sharp as him. 

Rabada usually bowls 132 k to 147 k / 150 k in international cricket.  Lots of deliveries around 135 k. 

Is bowling 140 k to 152 k in this IPL with a fastest of 154 k.

His speeds are looking over the top to me as he is not looking any quicker than he normally does.

Edited by express bowling

2 hours ago, Mosher said:

Bro only thing Saini is missing is a good yorker. If he improves his yorker he will be a complete package. 

Exactly bro.   Saini needs to practice bowling good yorkers.   And cut down on those half volleys that he bowls in the early overs.

Looks so much better ...  when he bowls good length off stump punctuated by good bouncers in the early and mid overs.

2 hours ago, Mosher said:

Hopefully in a couple of years we will see this fast bowling lineup - Saini, Bumrah, Prasidh, Mavi, Nagarkoti. Avesh is there too. Healthy fast bowling stocks. 

Prasidh is the only one of these 6 quicks, who seems to be not fully noticed by the TM and selectors till now.

41 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Exactly bro.   Saini needs to practice bowling good yorkers.   And cut down on those half volleys that he bowls in the early overs.

Looks so much better ...  when he bowls good length off stump punctuated by good bouncers in the early and mid overs.

Yes, he had such a nice good length ball. He bisected Russell on few of the occasion, I think he should strengthen that skill other than fast short pitched balls which he balled yday to Russell. Now he only needs to work on Yorker ball.

1 hour ago, MultiB48 said:

These days Rabada is clocking 140-150 on South African speedometers ,that's what I saw in the Sa vs Sl series and i must say he does look that quick to me .Back in 2016 his speeds were down even in sa ,

Even in the series vs SL ... Rabada bowled both 140 k to 148 k / 150 k spells as well as 132 k to 142 k spells.  Both were there. 

He wasn't always hovering around 145 k to 151 k as he is doing in this IPL.

ngidi was struggling to touch even 140k on his t20i debut ...then haysman got mad at the speedometer operators and after that even ngidi clocked 151 in tests vs ind ..although he doesnt look as quick as rabada.

Ngidi usually bowls 130 k to 140 k / 142 k even in SA.  That 150 k ball was an aberration and probably an error.

Remember Bumrah bouncing Eng out at 132ks, if he were Eng they would show that over 145 . Ind pacers are known to be in the 130ks-140ks ,so they dont often show them in the 140 -150 range .

I remember reading some articles many yrs back ,from the time of the 2005 ashes of how the eng manipulated the speedometer to make eng bowler look as quick as lee,they made lee a bit slower and flintoff a bit quicker and suddenly both were clocking similar speeds but by next ashes in aus lee was clocking 156 ks  .

Interestingly ... KP was telling Lee how Harmison was shown to be bowling 129 k in Australia while Lee was shown as 158 k.

20 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Even in the series vs SL ... Rabada bowled both 140 k to 148 k / 150 k spells as well as 132 k to 142 k spells.  Both were there. 

He wasn't always hovering around 145 k to 151 k as he is doing in this IPL.

Ngidi usually bowls 130 k to 140 k / 142 k even in SA.  That 150 k ball was an aberration and probably an error.

Interestingly ... KP was telling Lee how Harmison was shown to be bowling 129 k in Australia while Lee was shown as 158 k.

Many bowlers are clocked quicker than usual in T20s.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Even in international T20s, Rabada does not always hover around the 145 k to 151 k mark, like he is doing in this IPL.

Rabada is only getting stronger. He is still just 22-23 years old. Last he was injured after India series and bowled slower than usual after his come back but now he looks in good rhythm and fit physically. He has looked quick to naked eye as well.