Speed & Performance of Indian and Foreign Speed Merchants in IPL 2019

vishalvirsingh

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

It has been a great first IPL for Khaleel. He has all the ingredients to be a good LOI bowlwr, has variations, can surprise batsmen with pace when needed and he is just 21 and people are writing him off. 

The main thing for becoming a really good fast bowler ... is to have the mindset of a fast bowler.

It is this area which has the potential to let him down.

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

It has been a great first IPL for Khaleel. He has all the ingredients to be a good LOI bowlwr, has variations, can surprise batsmen with pace when needed and he is just 21 and people are writing him off. 

Left armers have had great success over the years in world cups.. be it Wasim, geoff allot, zaheer, Vaas,Boult, Starc... Should have been groomed by now 

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

The main thing for becoming a really good fast bowler ... is to have the mindset of a fast bowler.

It is this area which has the potential to let him down.

That is in test cricket. LOIs are different. LOIs are all about not being predictable with decent accuracy unless conditions are very helpful.

31 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

That is in test cricket. LOIs are different. LOIs are all about not being predictable with decent accuracy unless conditions are very helpful.

Beats me. How can you be a good LOI fast bowler if you do not have the mindset of a fast bowler? To be precise, one of the aspects of having the mindset of a fast bowler is not being predictable. I think you are a little confused, rkt.

1 minute ago, Rightarmfast said:

Beats me. How can you be a good LOI fast bowler if you do not have the mindset of a fast bowler? To be precise, one of the aspects of having the mindset of a fast bowler is not being predictable. I think you are a little confused, rkt.

Which means he has that?

Edited by rkt.india

6 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

But didnt you say you dont need a mindset, but just variations in LOI? :)

What do you mean by variation? Even using faster deliveries as a surprise is also a variation. Khaleel has done that. Mindset should be to take wickets whichever way. Just bowling quick isn't fast bowling mindset. That is your ability. For me, mindset is how to use that pace to your advantage. Most Indian fast bowlers don't have that mindset.  

Edited by rkt.india

10 hours ago, Forward Defence said:

Saini 3rd over

16.1 Slower four

16.2 140.0 Hurries Williamson

16.3 140.9

16.4 147.8 half volley four

16.5 140.2 Nabi misses

16.6 151.1 Nabi out

Saini is a must for WC. Pak are bringing their teen ( hasnain he has touched 150 k apparently something on lines of Mavi/Nagar i think), Aus has stsrc and hazel who can hit it, Rabada has hit it in IPL multiple times. Shamis fitness is suspect, India needs to take Saini to WC, give him confidence. 

8 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

All these guys are potential 3rd pacer and in Ind conditions or for that matter even abroad it's not easy .Job becomes much easier if you get the new ball and know how to use it ,before the spinners come on.

Khaleel is a potential leader. He has done that for SRH in his first season. He has used it variations smartly, bounced out batsmen on quick bouncers likes of Smith and pooran and deceived batsmen with slow balls as well. He just needs a bit of fine tuning in his action which will happen naturally.

Edited by rkt.india

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

What do you mean by variation? Even using faster deliveries as a surprise is also a variation. Khaleel has done that. Mindset should be to take wickets whichever way. Just bowling quick isn't fast bowling mindset. That is your ability. For me, mindset is how to use that pace to your advantage. Most Indian fast bowlers don't have that mindset.  

+1. Agreed! 

However, your understanding of the word 'mindset of a fast bowler' is a little flawed. When @express bowling says 'mindset of a fast bowler', theres a whole lot of deeper knowledge and insight in his analysis. Mindset of a fast bowler can be a combination of several things, not just trying to bowl fast at all times. And thats what express means.

For me, just running in hard, and giving a nasty glare to the batsman after the follow through is enough to understand if the bowler has the attitude of a fast bowler. Even if the bowler bowls at 138-140! I think express will agree with me, and his definition has a lot more layer to it, than how I explained.

Cheers bro!

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

Saini is a must for WC. Pak are bringing their teen ( hasnain he has touched 150 k apparently something on lines of Mavi/Nagar i think), Aus has stsrc and hazel who can hit it, Rabada has hit it in IPL multiple times. Shamis fitness is suspect, India needs to take Saini to WC, give him confidence. 

Arrey england ki ticket hi badi mehengi ho gayi hai yaar. nahi to mai hi bhijwa deta inhe england!

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

For me, mindset is how to use that pace to your advantage. Most Indian fast bowlers don't have that mindset.  

i have noticed this.. 

like not showing that one knows that they have pace and that unsettles the batsmen..that show in face - primal. Prasidh needs this the most, i love this aspect of Ishant 2.0  -- hope it trickles down, bumrah can loose it if some one hits him, Shami shows this at times not always - Umesh never shows this. Zak used to have this a lot but almost to the level of it appearing like bravado as he did not have outright pace to back it up.

some bowlers even lack basics like - show in face that they belong at the level ( its as if they are thankful to the international batsmen liek Warner, Gayle etc for not attacking them with their bats and allowing them to bowl and be on the ground wtf is that ?)