Gautam Gambhir: "No. 4 should have been a settled position by now. It is a very important slot and you can’t have a floater at No 4 because the No. 3 and No. 4 makes the core of your middle order."

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

Who is that player, you want to be backed? Is there anyone who has missed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats the main problem why do you keep changing players after 1 or 2 matches, by doing so they ensure no one is sattled. They should have continued with younger players like pant,agrwal,rahul or shankar for that matter also should have given them continuous 3-4 series on those position before changing their order or chopping them from the team. But what they did is tried rahane and rayadu for most of the time and wasted oppurtunites to get a permanent no. 4.

Not their fault. India could expect a perfect storm if two of them go down due to injury. India needs solid backups. I am sure they will have Jaddu as a backup.

The problem is India has not produced one player who I had ability to launch when needed and also a leftie who can bat in top order.

3 hours ago, putrevus said:

The problem is India has not produced one player who I had ability to launch when needed and also a leftie who can bat in top order.

Shreyas Iyer answers the first part.