Tamil Music

vvvslaxman

Ilayaraja songs - so many to like.

Just a sample.

one of songs with Mohan who used to rule the soft hero roles in 80s.

great picturization and camera work for the period. 

This one is Kannada but one of the best ilayaraja songs, and it has Shankar nag who was probably the greatest kannada actor that never was.

hottest couple possible in Tamil movies - just casual sex appeal and the melody, background score and the singers.

people in 70s and 80s were just cooler than us , no way to top it.

ARR again too many songs.

one which is a treat to hear and watch.

lol got it now songs from before most of our times.

prathap pothen .. with Shoba 

this is a Jesudas raja song. amazing.

and this one is moodu pani. It launched Mohan.

An other well picturized song for the period, two folks jogging the entire sequence. 

Edited by Vilander

7 hours ago, Gollum said:

Sivaji and MR Radha, my maternal grandpa always had this song playing in his car. Big Sivaji fan, my dad would make fun of Sivaji's overacting and they would invariably start bickering. 

This song is a favorite of mine as well. MR Radha is a class act and has spawned generations of actors/actresses in his family.

Olden goldie from the 1950s.... Now this is a dance off. Lesser mortals shouldn't even dare to try this.

Legend has it the song was cut abrupt because neither Padmini nor vaijayanti mala refused to give up. :laugh:. Both ladies were gorgeous and just danced the hell off.

P.S Veerappa saying சபாஷ், சரியான போட்டி  is :love::p:

Great, great dance number :clap2:

Edited by Stan AF

If you ever need proof of the idiom "An apple doesn't fall far from the tree" then listen to this song. Composed by legendary IR's son Karthik Raja this song is still music to the ears. Bonus you have the youngest & the only Thala from Tamilnadu and Maheshwari was always a sweetheart in my books. :love:

After a long time heard this tune, had forgotten the song's name but managed to find it. From 1961 wow, Tamil music at its best, Shri TM Soundarrajan and Susheelaji:hatsoff:. Wish I had the knowledge to understand lyrics of Tamil songs while they are being played. Have heard so much about the legendary Kannadasan. Non-Tamils have no idea what they are missing!!!

This Malayali singer Anoop has done a good job at reproducing it.

Edited by Gollum

54 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

There is a song from SP Balasubramaniyam probably composed by Iraja, it has the words ‘Oru thalai raagam’ , but it is not from the movie of the same title, stuck in my head, anybody knows this which one?

there is a TR movie with the same name .. not sure whther you meant any of the songs in it