Tamil Music

vvvslaxman

Inspired by Punjabi music thread. I  like all the music from India. Proud to be an Indian who gets the privilege to listen to a wide variety of songs. I I think the reach of some of the songs from the south is somewhat limited unless it is really catchy like Nakka mukku, Why this kolaveri.   I'll try to share some interesting songs you may not have heard before.

A.R.Rahman voice is so good in this song.

my rating ,

1) illayaraja - 80s to late 90s

2) rahman - late 90s till 2010

<daylight>

illayaraja is heavily influenced by sergio leone .. in some of the best illayaraja songs , he  used just one or two music instruments 

ps:-

@Stan AF  @vvvslaxman  do you guys also find TR lyrics are catchy and simple ? :embarassed:

I love Harris Jayaraj's music. Also used to listen to GV Prakash's music (his wife Saindhavi is my second cousin :p:). Of course ARR and Ilaiyyaraja are the gold standard. Totally out of touch with Tamil music for the last 5 or so years. Please post more videos, especially ones with fast beats, ones I can use during gym workouts. 

12 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I love Harris Jayaraj's music. Also used to listen to GV Prakash's music (his wife Saindhavi is my second cousin :p:). Of course ARR and Ilaiyyaraja are the gold standard. Totally out of touch with Tamil music for the last 5 or so years. Please post more videos, especially ones with fast beats, ones I can use during gym workouts. 

listen to marana mass :p:

its oriya music though 

Great thread!! :two_thumbs_up:

Im not in touch with latest songs.

So many great music directors, MSV, Illayaraja, ARR, Yuvan, Harris Vidyasagar, Bharadwaj and songs from Deva ( lot of time I get to hear his original copied songs, but still some great memories and great BGMs from him) lots of songs to list here. 

i do hear from this group some songs.  GVP, Santosh, Anirudh, D. Imman, Ghibran, Govind vasantha and Sean Roldon. They are all so talented...

Please post more songs!!

For some reason today this song is just struck in my head - great lyrics. 

[youtube]

Edited by krupaksk