Sam Billings on Dhoni's glove work

flamy

10 hours ago, Sachinism said:

He loves being pedantic.

A keeper standing behind a batsmen, knows the balance of the batsmen. Yeh there is luck involved, but it's also great skill. Going on about the luck factor ignores how skillful the stumping is

At the end of the day a fraction of a second delay would have saved both batsmen. He was quick enough to do that.

I agree with @rkt.india with regards to Chris Morris stumping. He just collected it and had a go. Not like he observed batsmen foot in the air and immediately dislodged the bails.

Keeping that aside, Dhoni is God (:phehe: ) of stumpings. His keeping apart from stumpings and those flick throws runouts is just safe.

@maniac  looking for a telungu clip of mahesh babu ..

baddies will be trying to intimidate mahesh babu , but in the next second all of them will be lying down covered in blood confused about what has happened to them ..

then mahesh babu will something like , "it all happened so fast that you baddies never realized what has happened.. now i will do it slow motionfor you guys " :lol: 

11 hours ago, Pollack said:

I agree with @rkt.india with regards to Chris Morris stumping. He just collected it and had a go. Not like he observed batsmen foot in the air and immediately dislodged the bails.

Keeping that aside, Dhoni is God (:phehe: ) of stumpings. His keeping apart from stumpings and those flick throws runouts is just safe.

His catching is not at the level of his stumpings, agree.

His stumpings are next-level, tho.

Because he is so quick, he is able to be in sync with the flow of the moment, and I am sure he is at least subconsciously cognizant of the batter's foot. It is like dance (where I know where the music is going even if I haven't heard it before), and to an observer it looks  like magic, but it doesn't involve the thinking mind, it is more body mechanics and instinct (which comes from practice)