Speed and Performance of Pacers, trundlers and Spinners in WC2019

Bumrah is certainly not putting enough pace behind his deliveries this wc,i think they made a mistake by going thin on seaming options,they should have gone with 4 pacers,with bhuvi injured you are actually playing your ace pacer throughout the tournament,against the likes of Afg,Bd and SL we could have rested him,but this isn't the option any more

Bumrah is deliberately not going allout, deserves some rest in easy matches to remain fresh in really tough ones which we are bound to get in kos

Msk prasad clearly has no vision ,shame on him,same goes to captain and coach ,these reatrds after playing and seeing so much of cricket cant think like a normal player...  @Mosherbro your thoughts on this

Edited by Suhaan
3 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Bumrah is certainly not putting enough pace behind his deliveries this wc,i think they made a mistake by going thin on seaming options,they should have gone with 4 pacers,with bhuvi injured you are actually playing your ace pacer throughout the tournament,against the likes of Afg,Bd and SL we could have rested him,but this isn't the option any more

Bumrah is deliberately not going allout, deserves some rest in easy matches to remain fresh in really tough ones which we are bound to get in kos

Msk prasad clearly has no vision ,shame on him,same goes to captain and coach ,these reatrds after playing and seeing so much of cricket cant think like a normal player...  @Mosherbro your thoughts on this

Expected Bumrah to bowl atleast a few 148+ deliveries after he bowled 150 in IPL. Don't know why he is bowling a bit slower maybe he is holding back and conserving himself or he is carrying a niggle like @express bowling bro said. 

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah bowled 153.3 k,  150.6 k and 150.2 k deliveries in the test series vs Australia

Bowled 150.6 k in the IPL.

So, he can bowl faster than 148 / 149.

And  seen 138 - 148 k spells with sufficient  regularity in the last 8 months.

I was referring to ODIs only. 148 -149 has been his upper ceiling I think. I still hope he manages to break the 150 mark this tournament.

Honestly speaking, I wouldn't care about a couple of yards of pace if he manages to bowl like the way he did against South Africa.

49 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

I was referring to ODIs only. 148 -149 has been his upper ceiling I think. I still hope he manages to break the 150 mark this tournament.

Honestly speaking, I wouldn't care about a couple of yards of pace if he manages to bowl like the way he did against South Africa.

Im content as he operates between 140-148 in odis (he has bowled within himself in last two matches)as long as he can step up the steam just like Steyn used to do in his prime,when needed

He seems a guy ,who uses his energy based on situation,im sure on demand(situation)he will crank it up

But we have to be a little easy on the guy,as he's been playing non stop cricket barring 3 weeks layoff after ipl

and is well aware of preserving his energy 

Edited by Suhaan
23 hours ago, Ranvir said:

I remember that the likes of Akram and Younis were still listed as fast in the late 90s and early 2000s when they were actually high 70s low 80s bowlers. It was the same with Donald, he was noticeably slower in 1999 and by 2003 he was a complete trundler.

I also wanted to say that Srinath was always labelled as fast medium despite the fact that he bowled 145-155kph at his peak. In the mid 90s he was clearly faster than Donald, Younis and Akram.

Match 25 fastest balls

Ferguson               148.6

Rabada                  147.6

Ngidi                     141.6

Morris                    139.9

Boult                      139.9

Henry                     138.3

Andile                    133.4

Colin                      126.7

Match 26 fastest balls

Starc                  150.9

Cummins            145.1

Rubel                 141.1

Fizz                    141.1

Coulter-Nile         141.0

Mortaza              131.2

Stoinis                130.0

Sarkar                 127.8

Match 27 fastest balls

Wood                148.3

Archer               146.2

Stokes               139.0

Woakes             137.4

Pradeep             137.4

Malinga              136.5

Udana                133.5

Perera                129.9

Pace off the ball was the way to go today.