CWC 2019 Match 3 | New Zealand vs Sri Lanka | Cardiff | June 1,2019 | Match thread

12 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Every team has a legitimate fast bowler operating from 11th over to keep the pressure on created by opening bowlers. Indian moronic selectors have denied Indian team that chance. Pandya will be bowling 11th over and in most matches will release all the pressure created by Bumrah and Shami.

How the hell are they going to compete .Both Shami and Bumrah once they finish their opening spells cannot come back and bowl before 30th over atleast.Why do they need three wicket keepers and three spinners I have never seen such useless team selection.

Haha that has been the yaksh question which has not been answered convincingly by (as you said) the moronic zombies there

They perhaps have lost all the cricketing awareness which could have anticipated the conditions there..

They have gone with a fragile batting,which is well complemented by overrated bowling(atleast in these conditions)

I can predict Bhuvi won't be swinging it either

Edited by Suhaan
1 minute ago, Suhaan said:

Haha that has been the yaksh question which has not been answered convi

On a pitch like this even if the team wanted to play a fast bowler , they don't have anyone to select from?instead they are stuck with guys like DK and Jadeja.That is just ridiculous.

23 minutes ago, JourneyMan said:

Nonsense. Any batsman worth his salt should know how to bat on a green top. As for our bowlers, nothing could suit them better than such a pitch. 

Good decision. Nobody wants to watch a boring runfest on a dead track. 

So why don't England play on green pitches. I want to see how their hecks  performe on these kind of pitches. 

14 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Every team has a legitimate fast bowler operating from 11th over to keep the pressure on created by opening bowlers. Indian moronic selectors have denied Indian team that chance. Pandya will be bowling 11th over and in most matches will release all the pressure created by Bumrah and Shami.

How the hell are they going to compete .Both Shami and Bumrah once they finish their opening spells cannot come back and bowl before 30th over atleast.Why do they need three wicket keepers and three spinners I have never seen such useless team selection.

Haha that has been the yaksh question which has not been answered convincingly by (as you said) the moronic zombies there

They perhaps have lost all the cricketing awareness which could have anticipated the conditions there..

They have gone with a fragile batting,which is well complemented by overrated bowling(atleast in these conditions)

I can predict Bhuvi won't be swinging it either

14 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Pandya has a decent track record in England. I think he's quite a decent middle over option. 

1 minute ago, VT87 said:

So why don't England play on green pitches. I want to see how their hecks  performe on these kind of pitches. 

Their next match is at Trent Bridge and the one after in Cardiff where NZ are playing today. Then again, they're facing Pakistan and Bangladesh...

4 minutes ago, putrevus said:

On a pitch like this even if the team wanted to play a fast bowler , they don't have anyone to select from?instead they are stuck with guys like DK and Jadeja.That is just ridiculous.

Brother overall it has been a big big selection SCAM

1 minute ago, JourneyMan said:

Pandya has a decent track record in England. I think he's quite a decent middle over option. 

He is 4th bowler on his best day and asking him to be third seamer is doing him no favors.He will have to bowl the most important spell in every match.

In 1996 SL team was, 

Kaluwithrana 

Jayasuriya 

Gurusinha

Aravinda

Mahanama

Ranatunga

Tillakaratane

Vaas

Murali 

So many aggressive quality players who could win a match on their own. 

And after 20+ years,  we have 

Boring openers like Thirimanne, Karunaratne 

2 Mendis

3 Pereras

A demotivated Mathews

A Fat Malinga

The standard in quality of players has fallen so badly. There's nothing to watch here. 

Edited by rageaddict