Favorite summer drinks, desserts

Gollum

39 minutes ago, velu said:

@Gollum  whther rooh afza is rose milk  ? :hmmmm2:

No, it has many many ingredients (herbs, fruits, vegetables, flowers) of which rose is just one. It draws from Unani formula (Muslim traditional medicine) and is common during Ramzan, as in used to break the fast. It tastes weird, I notice even pineapple juice flavor....complete hotchpotch. Can go with water as well as milk, only similarity with rose milk is the colour. 

20 hours ago, Gollum said:

No, it has many many ingredients (herbs, fruits, vegetables, flowers) of which rose is just one. It draws from Unani formula (Muslim traditional medicine) and is common during Ramzan, as in used to break the fast. It tastes weird, I notice even pineapple juice flavor....complete hotchpotch. Can go with water as well as milk, only similarity with rose milk is the colour. 

If @velu does not know about Roh Afza, does this mean that South Indians have no idea what Roh Afza is? 

On 6/20/2019 at 5:49 PM, PBN said:

Lassi, the traditional drink from Punjab. So many different varieties one can have from the traditional to mint, mango,kesar,sweet, dry fruits, masala,etc. 

:hail:

wv596jC.png

Kaz35Q3.png

HWcdcv1.png

E1yV9RG.png

pkbZNlc.png

O dear, you posted such beautiful photos of Lassi, that my heart is now crying Lassi Lassi Lassi ... tu hai kahaN, Jane Jaan Dhoondhta Phir Raha

1 hour ago, Alam_dar said:

If @velu does not know about Roh Afza, does this mean that South Indians have no idea what Roh Afza is? 

trust me , i never seen this roh afza nor did i see this in any menu in any of the juice corners even in bangalore where northies are the majority :giggle:

even rasna use to be a popular powder/ drink among young kids .. when i was a kid torino use to be a popular drink

6 minutes ago, velu said:

trust me , i never seen this roh afza nor did i see this in any menu in any of the juice corners even in bangalore where northies are the majority :giggle:

even rasna use to be a popular powder/ drink among young kids .. when i was a kid torino use to be a popular drink

Rooh Afza is available in most department stores, try in Nilgiris or Reliance Fresh. I don't see it in juice counters either, might be available in some Muslim locality. 

4 hours ago, velu said:

I grew up for the first 7 years of my life in :csk: before moving to :mi:  and I remember drinking rooh afza many times as a kid. My mom used to make it during summer the recipe @PBN posted. yes I used to call it rosemilk. so 100% sure it is available in chennai

Edited by maniac

11 hours ago, MechEng said:

@Alam_dar how is nimbu pani made in Pakistan? Like in India we add no sugar, only lemon juice, kala namak, black pepper, cumin and chilled water.

In Pakistan nimbu pani is known as Shikanjbeen, and it contains no black pepper or cumin, but only lemon juice, sugar, kala namak, water and ice. 

In Pakistan, there was hardly any masala tee earlier, but slowly and gradually Indian and Afghani dishes are coming to Pakistan too. 

1 hour ago, Alam_dar said:

In Pakistan nimbu pani is known as Shikanjbeen, and it contains no black pepper or cumin, but only lemon juice, sugar, kala namak, water and ice. 

In Pakistan, there was hardly any masala tee earlier, but slowly and gradually Indian and Afghani dishes are coming to Pakistan too. 

Yes, shikanji is a popular drink in North India. But we don't add sugar here. I think traditional nimbu paani has no sugar. The sugar lime drink is lemonade.

13 hours ago, MechEng said:

@Alam_dar how is nimbu pani made in Pakistan? Like in India we add no sugar, only lemon juice, kala namak, black pepper, cumin and chilled water.

2 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

in south india , when you ask for lemon juice we have three options .. with salt , with sugar or salt and sugar :eating:

On 6/18/2019 at 6:33 AM, velu said:

Oi like paneer soda , nannari sarbath and rosemilk ..

not a big fan of jigarthanda , bit overrated .. not a fan sof faloodas as well  

What the hell is paneer soda. Doesn’t sound appetizing at all

4 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

Referred to as shikanjveen / sikanjveen (nasal n) in punjab/punjabi as well

46 minutes ago, maniac said:

You mean in Tamil. I thought you were talking about Paneer as in cottage cheese 

பன்னீர் 
பண்ணீர் 

even i cant tell the difference between which is which  :giggle: