Westindies A vs India A in westindies : July -August 2019 : 5 Un -Official ODI & 3 Un-Official Tests

Just now, rkt.india said:

How many ODIs did Rahul play before WC? How he played in last one year before WC? How did Dhoni and Kohli did in their first WC? Let me answer. 14 games in all, 2 games in last one year, scored more runs than those 2 I mentioned did in their first WC. People are talking like Rahul is some seasoned ODI player or a TTF. Guy was not even certain to be picked for WC and you are asking what he did.

So what is the basis of your hype that he is better than Kohli? it is not how many runs, it is how you make it. He was scratchy as fudge in every single match in this WC. 

38 minutes ago, Cricket_Fan said:

So what is the basis of your hype that he is better than Kohli? it is not how many runs, it is how you make it. He was scratchy as fudge in every single match in this WC. 

He wasnt scratchy .....he has been going through technical issues - i made a post where i put a pic how his bat is getting locked. 

He is such a good player that despite so many technical issues that has creeped up in his game he has scored good amount of runs in WC. He has not played much cricket and wasnt dealt well when he was in best of his form , hence it created insecurity in him which is what kohli has done to many youngsters now also seen in kuldeep. Then he had a horrible year which didnt help. The good thing is he is getting better and still scored runs despite those issues. 

Lol the website I was following earlier showed much stronger bowling attack.  But now I find that it is joke of a attack.  Only 2 pacers one of which is Dube.  Instead of Gowtham they should've picked another pacer.  What is the point of picking Markande when ideally we r grooming Rahul Chahar? 

Just now, Lone Wolf said:

Lol the website I was following earlier showed much stronger bowling attack.  But now I find that it is joke of a attack.  Only 2 pacers one of which is Dube.  Instead of Gowtham they should've picked another pacer.  What is the point of picking Markande when ideally we r grooming Rahul Chahar? 

Exactly. This is more like 5th string attack of India lol

49 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

He wasnt scratchy .....he has been going through technical issues - i made a post where i put a pic how his bat is getting locked. 

He is such a good player that despite so many technical issues that has creeped up in his game he has scored good amount of runs in WC. He has not played much cricket and wasnt dealt well when he was in best of his form , hence it created insecurity in him which is what kohli has done to many youngsters now also seen in kuldeep. Then he had a horrible year which didnt help. The good thing is he is getting better and still scored runs despite those issues. 

The end result is he being scratchy on the field. Look, I don't deny he is a good player with potential. But what I don't agree with these hyperbole statements that he is somehow even better than Kohli when he is in his full flow(something which he has never done yet in his ODI career). At the moment, he is not even good as Babar Azam in ODIs. So let's not hype him up to the moon and then get disappointed. we can hype him up when he makes some consistent big knocks in ODIs.

Edited by Cricket_Fan
25 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Siraj looks like a very mediocre bowler.    Too much hype around him, for nothing.  Many ICFers were suggesting that his bowling style is suited for test format. But does not look like it, either.  

The hype was due to him picking so many wickets in the last few A tours. I believe he bowls better with old ball rather than the new ball.

30 minutes ago, Cricket_Fan said:

The end result is he being scratchy on the field. Look, I don't deny he is a good player with potential. But what I don't agree with these hyperbole statements that he is somehow even better than Kohli when he is in his full flow(something which he has never done yet in his ODI career). At the moment, he is not even good as Babar Azam in ODIs. So let's not hype him up to the moon and then get disappointed. we can hype him up when he makes some consistent big knocks in ODIs.

There is no comparison of him & Babar rn. Rahul is only better than him in T20 format.  They both had sort of race to be fastest 1000 T20I runs..  Rahul missed that bus in Aus.  Babar is good ODI bat & decent test batsman. Babar is quite pleasing to the eye & especially his square cut is gorgeous. 

2 hours ago, Cricket_Fan said:

Neither do i agree he is better then kohli coz he hasnt proven it. Yes he has more talent but so did rohit sharma at the end u have to translate in perfomance .

No one is hyping him. Problem is ppl lack pateince and they want legend in 20 games which doesnt happen and when someone backs then its called hyping. 

9 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Panchal is 29 & Abhimanyu is 23. It is better to invest in Abhimanyu as he can serve Indian cricket for longer time.  KL Rahul has been given zillion opportunities & he has always failed.  His last good series was 2 years ago. It's time to move on from him in test cricket. 

First choice will probably be Mayank and Shaw, after the latter returns from injury. 3rd opener will be a shootout between KLR, easwaran, and panchal (maybe also gill). it's good that we have a reasonable number of options for this position. the real issue in tests is at no. 5

9 hours ago, Cricket_Fan said:

Based on what exactly? You can succeed in MO with few shots like Dhoni or Raina but not as an opener. You need to be a good player of fast bowling to be an opener which is not a must-have criteria for MO.

There is hardly anything for fast bowlers with new ball these days and in PP, it us easier to hit boundaries while the biggest issue with openers is they struggle to rotate the strike which hampers them when they bat in mo. While mo bats have the game to rotate the strike which is the most important thing a batsman must have to succeed in the mo.

18 hours ago, Vijy said:

First choice will probably be Mayank and Shaw, after the latter returns from injury. 3rd opener will be a shootout between KLR, easwaran, and panchal (maybe also gill). it's good that we have a reasonable number of options for this position. the real issue in tests is at no. 5

Laxman kind of guy who can farm the strike with tail. Gill should be able to play that role atleast at the start of his career.

Dubey having fun with the spinners but living dangerously.  Still credit to him for putting up a score, when the others failed to do so.

Some terrible shots to get out on - Panchal, Shubman Gill, Bharath - atrocious shot selection.  Even Vihari threw it away after digging in.