Westindies A vs India A in westindies : July -August 2019 : 5 Un -Official ODI & 3 Un-Official Tests

7 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Dube is a 120-125kph bowler. Dhoni has kept up to even BK and Mohit Sharma who bowls much quicker. Gilchrist kept up to likes of Stuart Clark and bracken who were taller and quicker.

Dube looks faster than that.

4 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

120-125? That’s on BCCI domestic speed guns which are on an average 5-7 kmph slower than normal speed guns 

My point exactly!

Also, Saha was actually keeping, not standing up to the stumps for its own sake and hoping he does not have to gather anything - as evidenced by the fact that Chase was eventually out caught behind (rather than bowled, lbw, caught in the outfield, etc.).

The video footage (and commentary!) provided by the WICB for an unofficial test between A teams is beyond all expectations.

I hope other boards follow suit. In fact, I don't really care about the actual test series since Saha will probably not be in the playing XI. As long as I get quality footage of Saha keeping (and batting) I am happy - the actual test side (if Saha is not in it) can get stuffed

#NoSahaNoParty

There was moisture leading to sluggishness of pitch,but as it dried up it become quicker.Due to sharp turn and bounce it was good test of India- A batsmen in 2nd innings.

Abhimanyu - Was throwing bat at almost every ball.He even tried to pull a ball way outside off stump.Edged a rising ball in end.

Panchal- Like in first innings, again,1 dropped catch by keeper,while he was playing cut shot;finally,got caught playing same shot to off spinner.

Overall,both openers don't seem to have game to survive on quick,bouncier and sharp-turning pitches.Though,they score heavily on slow,low-bounce pitches,which they often get in India.

Vihari - He was playing spin well on 2nd day when pitch was relatively slow.But on 4th day,pitch was quickest with sharp turn.1 dropped catch at first slip,but got caught second time at same location. Like both openers he seems to be player of slow,low-bounce pitches.

Edited by vaul
2 hours ago, vaul said:

There was moisture leading to sluggishness of pitch,but as it dried up it become quicker.Due to sharp turn and bounce it was good test of India- A batsmen in 2nd innings.

Abhimanyu - Was throwing bat at almost every ball.He even tried to pull a ball way outside off stump.Edged a rising ball in end.

Panchal- Like in first innings, again,1 dropped catch by keeper,while he was playing cut shot;finally,got caught playing same shot to off spinner.

Overall,both openers don't seem to have game to survive on quick,bouncier and sharp-turning pitches.Though,they score heavily on slow,low-bounce pitches,which they often get in India.

Vihari - He was playing spin well on 2nd day when pitch was relatively slow.But on 4th day,pitch was quickest with sharp turn.1 dropped catch at first slip,but got caught second time at same location. Like both openers he seems to be player of slow,low-bounce pitches.

I think openers were not that bad.  In case of low scores u have to be aggressive while chasing in 4th inns.  India mainly prefers playing safe & that's why we lose so often while chasing in 4th inns.  Nasser also mentioned that on Eng test tour of India in which Parthiv batted aggressively to chase a tricky small total.  

16 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

I think openers were not that bad.  In case of low scores u have to be aggressive while chasing in 4th inns.  India mainly prefers playing safe & that's why we lose so often while chasing in 4th inns.  Nasser also mentioned that on Eng test tour of India in which Parthiv batted aggressively to chase a tricky small total.  

But both openers looked equally naive in first innings when they were not chasing any target on first day.Abhimanyu played a cut shot in air at shoulder height,luckily,ball went just between hands of fielder.Keeper drooped a catch of Panchal,apart from lbw appeals.My point is that both of them struggled in both the innings,which shows that they dont have game for such wickets,otherwise they score heavily on low-bounce,slower pitches.

Chasing a small target of 97 can be achieved with or without aggression -it does not matter.But target of 200 cannot be achieved with aggression on such pitches .Ideally,one needs to leave seaming/swinging and steeply rising balls,as much as possible.Play late with straight bat on balls pitched up in line of stumps only-this is safest scoring option against toughest of seam/swing/bounce.

29 minutes ago, vaul said:

But both openers looked equally naive in first innings when they were not chasing any target on first day.Abhimanyu played a cut shot in air at shoulder height,luckily,ball went just between hands of fielder.Keeper drooped a catch of Panchal,apart from lbw appeals.My point is that both of them struggled in both the innings,which shows that they dont have game for such wickets,otherwise they score heavily on low-bounce,slower pitches.

Chasing a small target of 97 can be achieved with or without aggression -it does not matter.But target of 200 cannot be achieved with aggression on such pitches .Ideally,one needs to leave seaming/swinging and steeply rising balls,as much as possible.Play late with straight bat on balls pitched up in line of stumps only-this is safest scoring option against toughest of seam/swing/bounce.

Absolutely u r spot on here.  I don't know if this is their first overseas A tour or not..   coz last few ones we had Mayank & Prithvi opening.  They will only learn from here on.  English openers weren't able to buy a run on similar pitches on their WI tour..  Though that attack was far more brutal.  I am just saying give them time.  We should not judge them on the basis of one game.  Let's see how they perform in next ones..  I guess Agarwal will play 3rd test. 

1 hour ago, Sandeep99 said:

Shubman Gill dropped? What atrociousness is this! Gowtham, Bharat, Siraj, Dube, Anmolpreet Singh don't seem to belong at this level at all. It's just sad that Gill is not being provided opportunities!

Bharat is next in line for test spot as wk and has done well in most of the the chances. Abmolpreet is also a very good talent. Same is Siraj, no bowler ever has taken wickets with as consistency as Siraj for India A and against all opponents.

34 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Bharat is next in line for test spot as wk and has done well in most of the the chances. Abmolpreet is also a very good talent. Same is Siraj, no bowler ever has taken wickets with as consistency as Siraj for India A and against all opponents.

Siraj is bang average and we all know that no matter how you spin the stats. I've seen Bharat's batting and he doesn't belong here. Can't play the bouncer at all. Pant offers a lot more with the bat but needs to work on keeping though. Anmolpreet always failed in televised games and I've not seen any good performance from his after he was hyped. Lesser said about Gautham better it is. If this is the 2nd best team, India won't continue test domination for long, The end is nigh.

58 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

Siraj is bang average and we all know that no matter how you spin the stats. I've seen Bharat's batting and he doesn't belong here. Can't play the bouncer at all. Pant offers a lot more with the bat but needs to work on keeping though. Anmolpreet always failed in televised games and I've not seen any good performance from his after he was hyped. Lesser said about Gautham better it is. If this is the 2nd best team, India won't continue test domination for long, The end is nigh.

Siraj isn't average in first class format. If Siraj is average than every fast bowler in India is average. And you don't need to spin stats for that. He last year played WI, England, SA and Aus A teams, picked 40 wickets in 5 games, best being 8 wickets in an innings against Australia A in Benglore. You are mixing up his T20 performance to his 4-day performance. Not able to play bouncer is not a weakness in tests as you are not bound play bouncer in tests. You can just leave them.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Siraj isn't average in first class format. If Siraj is average than every fast bowler in India is average. And you don't need to spin stats for that. He last year played WI, England, SA and Aus A teams, picked 40 wickets in 5 games, best being 8 wickets in an innings against Australia A in Benglore. You are mixing up his T20 performance to his 4-day performance. Not able to play bouncer is not a weakness in tests as you are not bound play bouncer in tests. You can just leave them.

I saw him get out to bouncer in the 1st test. Siraj always looks average whenever I see him. Don't understand how he picks up those wickets..