Rohit tight slap to Kohli - "I dont just walk out for my team, I walk out for my country"

7 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

If you don’t believe powerful captains cannot make or break careers, then there is nothing left to debate.

Rahane was dropped in SA in early 2018 because he had one bad series vs SL at home (ironically with Rohit, at that time in Kohli’s good books). This was when he was the VC of the team and just 5 tests ago, had led us to a win in the series decider vs Aus.

Pujara was dropped vs WI in 2016 using the excuse of ‘slow batting’ and then again last year vs Eng for poor form (one bad series in SA) - systematic targeting to make players insecure.

This is straight out of Dhoni book of captaincy- destroy all potential threats one by one. Sehwag and Gambhir were targeted since 2011 for being slow and publicly humiliated by the captain.

Rahane was dropped early in SA for Rohit and since that second test he has played very single test and has done very little.How are you guys defending this guy, have you seen his performance,Who cares what he did as a captain in one lousy test.

Shastri has 100% record as captain does it make him a great captain.To become a great captain you need to command your place in the team first.Rahane is lucky he is still in the team.

Playing for India is not some good given right.Pujara was dropped for right reasons and Pujara showed his talent thats how any sport is supposed to be, India plays with just five batsman and  before Mayank came in, openers were non existent along with Rahane.

How is team supposed to win with this fragile batting.

On 7/31/2019 at 7:05 PM, nevada said:

The "I don't just walk out for my team" statement is kinda similar to Rashid Khan's statement during the world cup, where he said something to the effect of "I don't play for the Afghan cricket board, I play for my country". Such a statement typically signals that all is not well within the team setup. How is this linked to Kohli? It is very much linked to Kohli because the intent here is to say that Rohit plays for the much higher purpose of representing his country and he is not limited in scope to a captain and his team.

this.

well said. 

2 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

More like I play for my wife because whenever India tours UK, You can always see him out with his wife

nothing. and i mean nothing will ever top Anushka gatecrashing the Indian Men's cricket team photo at the indian high commisioner in london.

thats the height of pussssy likking.

and very very very fukin poor. why the fk wud u bring ur wife to a team photo- op

C R I N G E

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/anushka-sharma-clicked-along-with-indian-cricket-team-at-high-commission-why-the-fuss/story-hmjM3KiumDsJsWg4h3NISK.html

Edited by Reddysaab
7 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

More like I play for my wife because whenever India tours UK, You can always see him out with his wife

keep aside ur regional affiliations and look beyond that petty shitt dude. kohli is a crap ODI captain and now he is a choker too!

Edited by Reddysaab
On 8/1/2019 at 11:55 PM, NameGoesHere said:

I, NameGoesHere, get up every week day to not just go to work for my company and collect a fat paycheck, but MORE to make a positive contribution to the Indian economy.  Ya dig, panchos?

I don't now the context in which tailunt said that he doesn't just walk out for team, but country. 

However, no offence to Rohit, I'm happy he just walks out for his team, ok?  The grand country/patriotism thing will take care of itself if he does the team thing well.

Edit: these big words about nation, patriotism, are becoming over used and losing their meaning fast if we begin to ascribe everything to them. 

In all this rightious kohli hate no one ia beginning to call out the cringe in Rohits statement there.

On 8/2/2019 at 9:25 AM, NameGoesHere said:

I, NameGoesHere, get up every week day to not just go to work for my company and collect a fat paycheck, but MORE to make a positive contribution to the Indian economy.  Ya dig, panchos?

I don't now the context in which tailunt said that he doesn't just walk out for team, but country. 

However, no offence to Rohit, I'm happy he just walks out for his team, ok?  The grand country/patriotism thing will take care of itself if he does the team thing well.

Edit: these big words about nation, patriotism, are becoming over used and losing their meaning fast if we begin to ascribe everything to them. 

Maybe it's not about display of excessive "patriotism" since we don't know the context. He may be hinting at the lack of disappointment and accountability. Ever since the loss, Kohli and Shastri has been parroting the "great brand of cricket"  India played in World Cup. Hence Rohit implying playing for the team is just not enough and since you represent country there has to be accountability in an event of loss.