Virat Kohli's technique

I am not saying he has not improved, but even as recent as the last Aus or England look at his dismissals where he was fishing outside the off stump, he lunges with his bat and it looks awkard because he does not have a follow through with his bat. 

Yeah that line just outside off the stump is a tough one for most, but I think one innings that Sachin played in Melbourne scoring a hundred, he was just incredible leaving balls outside the off stump. He has also been vulnerable to the line, but he did not look ugly getting out. This lunging with the bat really irritates me for top tier batsman.

4 hours ago, Audiophile said:

I am not saying he has not improved, but even as recent as the last Aus or England look at his dismissals where he was fishing outside the off stump, he lunges with his bat and it looks awkard because he does not have a follow through with his bat. 

Yeah that line just outside off the stump is a tough one for most, but I think one innings that Sachin played in Melbourne scoring a hundred, he was just incredible leaving balls outside the off stump. He has also been vulnerable to the line, but he did not look ugly getting out. This lunging with the bat really irritates me for top tier batsman.

Didn't Ricky Ponting too have off stump awareness issues? In that spell from Ishant at Perth, all balls were in corridor of uncertainty and Ponting had no clue which one came back and which one held it's line.

I think Boycott must have been excellent when it came to off stump awareness.

On 8/21/2019 at 3:10 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Nothing wrong with his technique.....ull find glitch with most top players time to time. Every batsman struggles against good outside off line specially when its moving. 

Kohli's issues are very small -

at start of innings he is anxious so he chases the ball oustide off

Against spin - his intensity drops hence concentration down....he looses it

In KO- its pressure thats gets on to him.......then he gets out in ways which he wont most days

Itna imperfection chalta hai or else players wont be human 

Kohli is possibly most fearless against raw pace when compared to our former legends in Tendy, Laxman, Dravid and Gavaskar. Not better against pace but fearless. The shots he played off Mitchell Johnson and Ryan Harris in 2014 tour made them look like medium pacers.

18 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

He has been playing this one day type shot for so many years. Just watch the highlights of his 183 against Pakistan. He would play an identical shot against Wahab Riaz except there is no fielder in one dayers.  His vulnerability in the off stump channel is a weakness he should address.

He did not get the right elevation.  Can't read too much into it

11 hours ago, Audiophile said:

That was Sydney 2004 when Sachin did not play cover drive.But that pitch was dead as dodo.

On 8/21/2019 at 2:17 PM, Sandeep99 said:

Rat will be exposed on the new seaming pitches of West Indies. He and Shat are talking about dominance but I would suggest to them to watch the highlights of England's last tour there. Dukes ball, seaming pitches, tall fast bowlers... I full expect everyone except Pujara to fail thoroughly. With the inclusion of Rohit and Rahane, Indian middle order is ripe for the plundering. 

That's right 

8 hours ago, MechEng said:

Kohli is possibly most fearless against raw pace when compared to our former legends in Tendy, Laxman, Dravid and Gavaskar. Not better against pace but fearless. The shots he played off Mitchell Johnson and Ryan Harris in 2014 tour made them look like medium pacers.

Yeah well as good as Mitch was in the 2014/15 season he wasn't at his best, not to mention he isn't really a patch on the likes of Akhtar, Lee or Windian quartet at their respective peaks despite the folklore of him dismantling England into submission just a year earlier!