India vs SA, 3rd T20I, Bangalore

Mosher

1 minute ago, maniac said:

The problem is new approach doesn’t work with old folk. Top 3 have been super successful with a certain approach, all of a sudden asking them to change their approach that has worked for them all these years is dumb. 

I mean if the team management had this idea to have a refreshing and new approach, they should have tried a new combo or new players.

This shows that we want all the accolades but don’t want to take the risks to get there

Maybe.  I wouldn't have minded seeing Pant walk in ahead of Kohli to be honest.  But then you've got the 'conventional' thinking of let your "best" t20 batsmen bat maximum overs etc etc.  For 'old folk' Dhawan showed admirable flexibility in responding to the ask of batting with more intent.  Its your boy who failed miserably, for the nth time, against a pace bowler who moved the ball a bit.  ;)

And you shouldn't jump to conclusions about Virat or Rohit getting out cheaply in ONE game where new tactics were tried out.  Its ONE game.  **** happens. 

In hindsight, for me, the game was really lost in the 6 to 12 over mark.  That pair allowed the negative momentum to balloon.  4 overs 18 runs on this track is not good enough.  But it happens.  3 wickets down, new to the crease, you're caught in that no mans land of trying to bat positively, but not look silly.  Before you know it, 3 4 overs have gone by at 4 RPO.   But that's where top-class batsmen should be able to either nip such a period in the bud, or get out trying.  Especially with a deeper batting line-up.  Again, its a one-off t20 game, one should not draw strong conclusions based on the outcome.  Focus on the approach, and try to get that right. 

if India successfully has to chase or set a 180-200 total in t20s , the top 3 has to fire period. They have to play with the approach that has worked for them.

Time for us to realize that we don’t have fire power in the middle like some other teams that can power us or play freely despite a top

order collapse.

Pandya bros,Pant,Jadeja line up May look good but they will come off once every 10-20 innings.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

if India successfully has to chase or set a 180-200 total in t20s , the top 3 has to fire period. They have to play with the approach that has worked for them.

Time for us to realize that we don’t have fire power in the middle like some other teams that can power us or play freely despite a top

order collapse.

Pandya bros,Pant,Jadeja line up May look good but they will come off once every 10-20 innings.

India somehow needs to get KL in he has a gr8 record in t20 and KL needs to get some form in the time he is dropped 

2 minutes ago, WC2011INDIA said:

Randwa team.

yes, why they not winning every game, and scoring 200 every time.  How dare they try to attempt batting with a higher risk tactic, and fail in doing it? 

I will only be a fan if they are successful.  When they fail, I will hurl abuse and feel good about my smartness.

2 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Kohli should sink his head in shame if he looses this one against this SA xi 

You should sink your head in shame and give up the right to talk about cricket if you are going to get this worked up about a bad outing in a T20 game.  

Learn to understand the game better.  Its possible if you try.

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

order collapse.

We set 180 in a WC semi-final and got outgunned by a dot-ball machine that sluggegd away to glory. 

Batting first in T20 demands more.  If this set of players can't figure out a way to execute successfully, than change is required. Reverting back to 'safe mode' batting is not reflective of a top team.  And will guarantee lack of top results.

Just now, sandeep said:

We set 180 in a WC semi-final and got outgunned by a dot-ball machine that sluggegd away to glory. 

Batting first in T20 demands more.  If this set of players can't figure out a way to execute successfully, than change is required. Reverting back to 'safe mode' batting is not reflective of a top team.  And will guarantee lack of top results.

Yes that’s true but how ever had we tried to get to 220 we would have been bowled out for 130-150. 

We need to play to our strengths.

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Yes that’s true but how ever had we tried to get to 220 we would have been bowled out for 130-150. 

We need to play to our strengths.

This is right up there in terms of the dumbest things you've said. Ever.

Bangladesh's strength is slow finger spin.  So they should "stick to their strength" in test cricket, instead of working on developing wrist-spinners and pace bowlers.  How does that work for them?

It is the demand of the T20 format, that you build a team capable of scoring 200 regularly, build a batting line-up that can consistently score at a high run-rate, even in the face of losing a couple of wickets.  Of course 160 is better than 130.  But that excuse doesn't mean that you justify a glaring weakness, and instead of working on fixing it, talk foolishly of "sticking to our strengths". 

Unless your primary desire is to see more consistent big scores from only the top order batsmen, and lower priority on team outcomes.  I mean if that's what baba without the dot wants, then fine.

9 minutes ago, sandeep said:

You should sink your head in shame and give up the right to talk about cricket if you are going to get this worked up about a bad outing in a T20 game.  

Learn to understand the game better.  Its possible if you try.

Hey listen,better ignore what i post here,dont be sour or i will have to pour something ,you wont like it