India cap is not cheap- players like Dube devalue it

maniac

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

and his last year was horrible....not even a single 50 in 8 games, poor avg , poor s/r

Dhoni was better in 2019 i have already shown u their numbers 

Dhoni was assured of a spot. Dhoni had support. Dhoni could come up and down the order when he felt like. Apples and oranges.

37 minutes ago, Khota said:

Dhoni was assured of a spot. Dhoni had support. Dhoni could come up and down the order when he felt like. Apples and oranges.

coz he earned doing well for years n yrs

U earn support ...karthik never did....karthik shud feel happy that he was given chances again n again despite blowing them up. 

Life men kuch karna bhi padta hai support ke liye.....youngster to hai nhin wo 

U earn support ...karthik never did....karthik shud feel happy that he was given chances again n again despite blowing them up. 

Then dhoni turned to crap but he still kept the spot and you kept on defending it.

Dhoni, Shankar, Vijay is the long list of failures you have supported. This is notthe end of your list.

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

No he never earned it. He debuted in 2006-2007 in T20 and scored his first 50 sometime in 2016.

He won a wt20 in 2007 and then got knocked out in 3 Wt20s in the first round  as captain.

Dk on the other hand was the man of the match in India’s first ever t20. Even recently he almost pulled off some difficult chases where as Dhoni screwed up some simple chases.

You keep moving from format to format so fast it’s tough to keep up. 

Edited by maniac
5 hours ago, maniac said:

No he never earned it. He debuted in 2006-2007 in T20 and scored his first 50 sometime in 2016.

5 hours ago, maniac said:

He won a wt20 in 2007 and then got knocked out in 3 Wt20s in the first round  as captain.

Dk on the other hand was the man of the match in India’s first ever t20. Even recently he almost pulled off some difficult chases where as Dhoni screwed up some simple chases.

You keep moving from format to format so fast it’s tough to keep up. 

we are talking about ODI n it was about  2019 Wc....wo ODI tha

I knw dhoni has been crap in t20

5 hours ago, Khota said:

Then dhoni turned to crap but he still kept the spot and you kept on defending it.

Still did better then karthik in his last yr which was suppose to be karthik purple patch after piling runs in domestic 

In 2019

DK avg 22.... with a s/r of 80 ( he did not score a single 50 in whole year)

Dhoni avg 60.... with a s/r of 82 dhoni had 6-50s

5 hours ago, Khota said:

Dhoni, Shankar, Vijay is the long list of failures you have supported. This is notthe end of your list.

DK, Rayudu, bhajji, rahane in ODI, Dhawan in test

List of ur failures

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Still did better then karthik in his last yr which was suppose to be karthik purple patch after piling runs in domestic 

In 2019

DK avg 22.... with a s/r of 80 ( he did not score a single 50 in whole year)

Dhoni avg 60.... with a s/r of 82 dhoni had 6-50s

DK, Rayudu, bhajji, rahane in ODI, Dhawan in test

List of ur failures

Vijay, Pandya 1, Pandya 2, Dhoni, Shankar, Dube the list goes on and on.

All mine can be easily defended. Yours not so much.

14 minutes ago, Khota said:

Vijay, Pandya 1, Pandya 2, Dhoni, Shankar, Dube the list goes on and on.

Hardik a permanent member

Krunal has done very well

Dhoni - legend

Shankar- did wel in his chances

Dube just played one game 

14 minutes ago, Khota said:

All mine can be easily defended. Yours not so much.

DK - dropped n watse of talent

Rayudu - will always be remeber as weak player

Dhawan weak in test n t20 

bhajji- bitter looser

Rahane- failure in LOI 

list is on n on

16 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Hardik a permanent member

Krunal has done very well

Dhoni - legend

Shankar- did wel in his chances

Dube just played one game 

DK - dropped n watse of talent

Rayudu - will always be remeber as weak player

Dhawan weak in test n t20 

bhajji- bitter looser

Rahane- failure in LOI 

list is on n on

Hardik - Kicked out of test will be kicked out of other platforms soon.

Krunal - MOM - Mujrim of match.

dhoni- Legened in your mind for last two years.

Shankar - Who?

Dube- Agree, he needs one more game. His bowling is just not international level so what is he doing in the team?

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

we are talking about ODI n it was about  2019 Wc....wo ODI tha

I knw dhoni has been crap in t20

I am frustrated with DK too for not doing justice to his talent. However as a T20 player he is leagues ahead of Dhoni. In fact I think he is dropped from his  strongest format unfairly based on Odi . He did well in Aus and Nzl as well and has been very good in T20is

Edited by maniac
11 minutes ago, maniac said:

I am frustrated with DK too for not doing justice to his talent. However as a T20 player he is leagues ahead of Dhoni. In fact I think he is dropped from his  strongest format unfairly based on Odi . He did well in Aus and Nzl as well and has been very good in T20is

DK is leagues ahead of Dhoni as a batsman also in all formats including odis.DK is also a headcase who never shown he has ability to absorb pressure.He was given WK job in all formats after SA in 2018 for him to fail miserably.Talent is never the problem for DK.

Edited by putrevus

Coming back to the topic, wish Dube the best but the tolerance level for bits and pieces players and hacks is always going to be very low compared to a genuinely skilled cricketer from the purists Point of view.

For example even if Gill fails 10 matches in a row, you still want him to be backed.

I remember Laxman had an average of 20 odd before that 160 odd in Sydney. Everyone wanted him to do well and felt happy when he finally broke through.  He was backed for the right reasons. Vijay Bharadwaj won a man of the series in his first tournament, Kanitkar became famous for that last ball 4. How long did they last? Bits and pieces don’t make it. That is the way it works.

By Purists I don’t mean the type who say test cricket is the only cricket and rest don’t matter. Most people like the hardcore fans on ICF or the ones on other cricket  forums that dissect the game, analyze every aspect, live and breathe the game welcome innovation, upgrade ,out of the box thinking and changes for the good.

However the sanctity of the game needs to be preserved.

This is where it pains to see guys like Dube getting a ride on some reputation earned on social media.

As most of us who type behind our keyboards know, athletics is not easy. Even a guy who played 1 game of domestic cricket had some level of talent. However that is not the point. There is a method, a certain dues one need to pay to earn one of the most sought after cap in all sports. A billion people aspire to

earn it. So no disrespect to Dube but have a problem that he was just handed it over like a discount pamphlet in an outlet mall.

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Abbe kon t20 ki baat kr rha hai.....in t20 dhoni, jadeja, dhawan, shami have been poor ...kon mana kiya. 

In t20 dk was better but that to dhoni wasnt a high bench mark n still dk cudnt keep his place .

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 hour ago, putrevus said:

DK is leagues ahead of Dhoni as a batsman also in all formats including odis.DK is also a headcase who never shown he has ability to absorb pressure.He was given WK job in all formats after SA in 2018 for him to fail miserably.Talent is never the problem for DK.

How was dk better then dhoni in odi....dhoni was an atg in odi 

1 hour ago, Khota said:

Hardik - Kicked out of test will be kicked out of other platforms soon.

correction he was injured

The moment he was fit he was called to australia. Anyone who is kicked isnt called like that....so check ur facts

1 hour ago, Khota said:

Krunal - MOM - Mujrim of match.

So was dhawan

1 hour ago, Khota said:

dhoni- Legened in your mind for last two years.

By that logic most legend sucked in last yrs like sachin yuvi ponting kumble 

1 hour ago, Khota said:

Shankar - Who?

Who stole rayudu place 

1 hour ago, Khota said:

Dube- Agree, he needs one more game. His bowling is just not international level so what is he doing in the team?

Fact check

He is a power hitter.....his job is to be 6th bowler....he is not a bowler....he is selected for power hitting. Its ok its modern cricket skill u wnt understand 

His bowling is such filth, I mean calling him an "allrounder" is an insult to cricket. His bowling is on par with Virat Kohli's bowling at best.

Now obviously if he was this amazing batsman who has been smashing the doors of selection, absolutely but seems like a dud there at the international level.

Just because he can hit a few 6's in domestics selecting him is ridiculous. This is no different from Pakistan playing that Asif Ali guy. Guys like Sandy @sandeep will ridicule Pakistanis for the same for playing guys like Asif Ali etc while cheering for Dube.  Don't start with how Indian system and domestics is leagues better etc. That is obvious, however the premise of the line of thinking is exactly the same.

On 11/5/2019 at 8:57 AM, maniac said:

Coming back to the topic, wish Dube the best but the tolerance level for bits and pieces players and hacks is always going to be very low compared to a genuinely skilled cricketer from the purists Point of view.

For example even if Gill fails 10 matches in a row, you still want him to be backed.

I remember Laxman had an average of 20 odd before that 160 odd in Sydney. Everyone wanted him to do well and felt happy when he finally broke through.  He was backed for the right reasons. Vijay Bharadwaj won a man of the series in his first tournament, Kanitkar became famous for that last ball 4. How long did they last? Bits and pieces don’t make it. That is the way it works.

By Purists I don’t mean the type who say test cricket is the only cricket and rest don’t matter. Most people like the hardcore fans on ICF or the ones on other cricket  forums that dissect the game, analyze every aspect, live and breathe the game welcome innovation, upgrade ,out of the box thinking and changes for the good.

However the sanctity of the game needs to be preserved.

This is where it pains to see guys like Dube getting a ride on some reputation earned on social media.

As most of us who type behind our keyboards know, athletics is not easy. Even a guy who played 1 game of domestic cricket had some level of talent. However that is not the point. There is a method, a certain dues one need to pay to earn one of the most sought after cap in all sports. A billion people aspire to

earn it. So no disrespect to Dube but have a problem that he was just handed it over like a discount pamphlet in an outlet mall.

bharadwaj was discarded a bit too early IMO. remember the 90s was a period where bits-and-pieces cricketers could actually carve out a decent career. in this era, such cricketers are doomed.

as for dube, his bowling is very poor, but one needs to see him bat at least a few times before discarding him. did reasonably well in the A teams I think.