Opposition, libtards opposing Citizenship Amendment Bill

Gollum

6 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Why do some people think all muslims are enemies of India.If this is what BJP wants India to become then we are better off with congress.

Its a classic case of political selfishness ahead of country.  

Instead of  focusing on economy, industry, education, why should govt spend billions on "registering" citizens?  Even the most wildly inflated estimate of "Illegal immigrants" in India is going to be like 0.0001% of population over-all.  Its  not like we are the US and all mexicans are coming here to work and get rich.  Its purely a polarization tactic.  "regular folks" are going to get pissed off with the disruption of protests, and prejudice against "those people" gets re-inforced.  Its a cynical political game being played with national resources.  

India has maybe a 10 year window to make a proper jump in its economy.  After that even our population will start growing older.  All this NRC **** is a distraction.  Cue the usual suspects blaming the protesters for the disruption - those who are reacting, instead of those who are planning it.

And btw, there's absolutely no doubt that opposition political parties are also using this as an opportunity.  And contributing to chaos.  They are no saints, they are just as assholeey as the current lot in power.  

25 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Its a classic case of political selfishness ahead of country.  

Instead of  focusing on economy, industry, education, why should govt spend billions on "registering" citizens?  Even the most wildly inflated estimate of "Illegal immigrants" in India is going to be like 0.0001% of population over-all.  Its  not like we are the US and all mexicans are coming here to work and get rich.  Its purely a polarization tactic.  "regular folks" are going to get pissed off with the disruption of protests, and prejudice against "those people" gets re-inforced.  Its a cynical political game being played with national resources.  

India has maybe a 10 year window to make a proper jump in its economy.  After that even our population will start growing older.  All this NRC **** is a distraction.  Cue the usual suspects blaming the protesters for the disruption - those who are reacting, instead of those who are planning it.

And btw, there's absolutely no doubt that opposition political parties are also using this as an opportunity.  And contributing to chaos.  They are no saints, they are just as assholeey as the current lot in power.  

Opposition party will use this as a tool, even a first standard student knows it. Question is why are they doing it.

I thought getting rid of article 370 was a great decision.Let us get Kashmir under order first and focus on Indian economy.

These idiots are totally ruining the legacy of Vajpayee.I don't want India to become a hindu country.India's greatness always was/is about diversity and religious tolerance and it should remain like that only.

Edited by putrevus

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Opposition party will use this as a tool, even a first standard student knows it. Question is why are they doing it.

I thought getting rid of article 365 was a great decision.Let us get Kashmir under order first and focus on Indian economy.

These idiots are totally ruining the legacy of Vajpayee.I don't want India to become a hindu country.India's greatness always was/is about diversity and religious tolerance and it should remain like that only.

Article 370, but yes I know what you mean and agree.

10 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Yes, it is my govt and my country too. This utter nonsense is not needed at all.

Bills in parliament is reactionary sometimes and sometimes based on pushing a manifesto promised to the people. Development, Jobs do get importance, but social issues that has been dragging along for 70 years were addressed in the manifesto and promises to people have been addressed here. There was no need for Triple Talaq as well, Muslims say we are working it internally. Kya zaroorat thi? Opposition is influencing these protests , Govt can't run an opinion poll or a referendum and then introduce bills. There will be public opinion based on election manifesto and then it takes this course. Do you think UPA was asking people before passing Food Security Bill, communal violence prevention Bill or MNREGA etc?

Edited by coffee_rules

Just now, coffee_rules said:

Bills is parliament is reactionary sometimes and sometimes based on pushing a manifesto promised to the people. Development, Jobs do get importance, but social issues that has been dragging along for 70 years were addressed in the manifesto and promises to people have been addresses here. There is no need for Triple Talaq as well, Muslims say we are working it internally. Kya zaroorat thi? Opposition is influencing the protests , Govt can't run an opinion poll or a referendum and then introduce bills. There will be public opinion based on election manifesto and then it takes this course. Do you think UPA was asking people before passing Food Security Bill, communal violence prevention Bill or MNREGA etc?

Just because some idiots did something before you don't repeat the same mistake.How is Triple Talaq equal to what is happening now?I don't care what their election manifesto is, they cannot discriminate people based on religion.

5 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Pipe it down, you are calling everybody speaking for CAB as bigot, muslim-hater. So, it cuts both ways.

Wrong again.  I am one of those who supports the CAA

I am calling out the NRC plans for what they are.  AND yes, I will call out prejudice and bigotry as and when I see it.  The more you tolerate and allow hate speech, the more normalized and acceptable it becomes.  And its disgusting.

8 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Govt can't run an opinion poll or a referendum and then introduce bills. There will be public opinion based on election manifesto and then it takes this course.

Elections are not a blank check to make manifestos into national law.  It doesn't work like that, nor should it.

Just now, putrevus said:

Just because some idiots did something before you don't repeat the same mistake.How is Triple Talaq equal to what is happening now?I don't care what their election manifesto is, they cannot discriminate people based on religion.

I was just using 3T as an example on how legislature works.

Ok, lets work on how are they discriminating people based on religion in CAA?

Just now, sandeep said:

Elections are not a blank check to make manifestos into national law.  It doesn't work like that, nor should it.

Please don;t bring NRC into the debate. CAB was in manifesto not because only BJP wanted it. CAB was a request by Congress in 2003, see the videos I posted of MMS asking for CAB in RS 2003. NRC in Assam was a Congress thing from the accord in 1985. NRC nationwide is a mudda that BJP is using politically across to gain votes mainly in Bengal and Bihar. Is that a crime? Everywhere there is talk of illegal BDeshis. Can't BJP stoke some fervor? It is not a law yet, any future predictions on how it will be used with CAB is mere fear mongering which is leading to these riots. 

54 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Was there any need for this bill??

CAA=Absolutely yes

NRC=In Assam yes as per the 1985 accord involving Rajiv Gandhi...legit demand since Assam Movement days

Rest of India...well jury is still out, I am skeptical but wish they do it in Bengal and maybe JK at some point. My hunch is it won't happen.  

11 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Wrong again.  I am one of those who supports the CAA

I am calling out the NRC plans for what they are.  AND yes, I will call out prejudice and bigotry as and when I see it.  The more you tolerate and allow hate speech, the more normalized and acceptable it becomes.  And its disgusting.

Glad to know. Agreed about the bolded part. Will  praying for God's victory over non-believers considered hate speech? That is a prayer that has been normalized and accepted and it is not at all disgusting right?

So, you consider any of the following topics and those in favor of it are bigot and muslim-hating?

Demography talk in interest of National Security Policy

Population Control

Illegal Bangladeshis immigrants for economic reasons

Edited by coffee_rules