ICF Chess Tournament

FischerTal

16 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

I guess I have played all opponents.

The standings table suggest you have one more game. You need to find out who you haven't played and ask them to play. @The Dark Horse @Singh bling @I6MTW @Lannister @GautiMaan @FischerTal Yeaahhh, If you could just go ahead and finish you games from now on that would be great, mmmmkay?

h15BDDB4C

Edited by Real McCoy

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

@FischerTal Realistically speaking, are the top 4 likely to change on the basis of the remaining games that are yet to be played?

straight drive if he wins his remaining match will seal 3rd spot, but if he loses, there is a 3 way tie between you, RM, and him. TDK still has to play 5 games, if he manages to win 3 , hell be right there with you guys. SB needs to win 4 out of his remaining 5, which is highly improbable, I6MTW has to win all 4 to remain in competition. 

Edited by FischerTal

12 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

The standings table suggest you have one more game. You need to find out who you haven't played and ask them to play. @The Dark Horse @Singh bling @I6MTW @Lannister @GautiMaan @FischerTal Yeaahhh, If you could just go ahead and finish you games from now on that would be great, mmmmkay?

h15BDDB4C

Not aware regarding the link for standing table.

@FischerTal Would you kindly share the table so that i can figure out with whom i need to play my matches.

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

Dude take some initiative man. Don't wait for them to ping you. you ping them and ask them or even invite them openly in this thread. Same goes for @Lannister @Singh bling @I6MTW @GautiMaan

Fark,i forgot that we played and sent you a link again

@FischerTal we must find a better way to schedule these matches in future

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

@FischerTal @Mariyam What do you suggest? The going has been very slow. I say give them time till this week. If they don't play, they will have to forfeit their points. Its been more than a month now and still not over.

Let @FischerTal take that call. Its his baby. He has organized the whole thing. And quite well at that.

My idea of a tournament would be to set a pre-decided 2-3 hours aside on a holiday/weekend and have the participants play out all their games, including the knock out rounds. 

Like @Lannister said, if this were a regular thing, even if one person were to miss out, he/she can opt for the next one. So no fomo either.

20 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

My idea of a tournament would be to set a pre-decided 2-3 hours aside on a holiday/weekend and have the participants play out all their games, including the knock out rounds. 

No need to finish it up within a day. If we get 10 players, that's a total of 48-50 matches, including the knockouts. I think it's ideal to hold one tournament every month and we can also increase the time duration to 8-10 mins. There should be some improvements individually, and blitz doesn't give you that much freedom.  

1 hour ago, Lannister said:

No need to finish it up within a day. If we get 10 players, that's a total of 48-50 matches, including the knockouts. I think it's ideal to hold one tournament every month and we can also increase the time duration to 8-10 mins. There should be some improvements individually, and blitz doesn't give you that much freedom.  

10 mins is the standard. I don't know why we didn't use it. mariyam was asking for 3 mins :no:5 mins is too less to finish the game by checkmate. We need to also make sure time doesnt run out