Shivum Dube is an abysmal bowler

G_B_

50 minutes ago, ganeshran said:

125K is not the only issue. He barely gets any movement. Even in India if you bowl 125K with no lateral movement you get whacked.

he gets old ball...u cant get any movement from old ball unless u hve the skill of bumrah, starc

white ball newats doesnt move for long after few overs itself

1 minute ago, jusarrived said:

I dont know on what basis he was picked for ODIs ? Trying T20s is fine , but did he do enough to get a ODI spot ..far from it imo 

he performed on A tours in WI and Sa home both 50 over n 4 day games

list -A avg of 41 and sr 127

he did everything to earn a place

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he gets old ball...u cant get any movement from old ball unless u hve the skill of bumrah, starc

white ball newats doesnt move for long after few overs itself

So what's the point of even him being there as a bowler. Obviously Captain is not going to give him the ball in the initial overs or in the death if he can help it.

It's not only lateral movement, pace variations were mostly missing. Length was not consistently right and he bowled enough loose balls so batsmen could take off the pressure. 

5 minutes ago, ganeshran said:

So what's the point of even him being there as a bowler. Obviously Captain is not going to give him the ball in the initial overs or in the death if he can help it.

he is not a bowler....he is a batsman who can roll his arm

captain is fool to use him as main bowler

A fill in bowler isnt main bowler....he is in team for power game

It's not only lateral movement, pace variations were mostly missing. Length was not consistently right and he bowled enough loose balls so batsmen could take off the pressure. 

pace variation is developed over a time. Hardik didnt develop in one year.....

coz if u play fill in bowler as main this will happen

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

He is not the only but one of the most viable one.

If his batting comes off he n hardik wud make this batting line super powerful.

Jadeja wud also be in the mix but if used smartly. Its not that jadeja is something gr8

This jadeja stats with ball this year

Innings - 13.

Wickets - 9.

Average - 57.66.

Strike Rate - 72.06.

Till the time he doesnt dube needs a run and even if he comes dube can slot or be a backup

Need to have every option

I think the key question is what is Jadeja like with the bat and what is his economy with the ball.

28 with the bat thus far this year. Economy around 5 runs per over. Which imo is good enough

By all means aim to play Dube in the 6 frontline batsman if he is good enough

13 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

I think the key question is what is Jadeja like with the bat and what is his economy with the ball.

jadeja with bat has no power game unless he bat up the order and there isnt a slot avl up

jadeja wud definitely be on my radar but dube needs to be given a chance to see what he brings n i feel he ll have a huge role in next Wc but new guys need to be seen what they can do. If dube is more destructive with bat we need that 

33 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he is not a bowler....he is a batsman who can roll his arm

captain is fool to use him as main bowler

ya which is why I am saying that he has to prove his worth based on batting alone. He is competing for a spot with Shreyas Iyer and Kedar Jadhav, he isn't competing with Pandya or Jadeja. 

If in future, his bowling develops we can consider him a batting all rounder. For now .He is a batsman 

ya which is why I am saying that he has to prove his worth based on batting alone.

So let him play atleast some games

He is competing for a spot with Shreyas Iyer and Kedar Jadhav, he isn't competing with Pandya or Jadeja. 

he is not competing with iyer....iyer bowling isnt an option

he is competing with jadhav, jadeja

If in future, his bowling develops we can consider him a batting all rounder. For now .He is a batsman 

bowling develops only with time n playing and such bowler are to be used smartly....he is a batsman who can bowl

11 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

So let him play atleast some games

he is not competing with iyer....iyer bowling isnt an option

he is competing with jadhav, jadeja

bowling develops only with time n playing and such bowler are to be used smartly....he is a batsman who can bowl

No. He gets to play zero game as he is heading towards an experiment that failed. The list is long Binny, Pandya I, Pandya II, Shankar and now Dube. Get over it. It will not work. Anothet one bites the dust....

Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone
Hey, I'm gonna get you, too

9 minutes ago, Khota said:

No. He gets to play zero game as he is heading towards an experiment that failed. The list is long Binny, Pandya I, Pandya II, Shankar and now Dube. Get over it. It will not work. Anothet one bites the dust....

he just scored 50 in 27 balls ....the day u hid ur face

hardik  is coming back , the day he is healed he ll be in team

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he just scored 50 in 27 balls ....the day u hid ur face

hardik  is coming back , the day he is healed he ll be in team

I know he will be in the team. I know he will get selected and I damn well know I will be here telling you how he did not work out. It does not work. Dual roles only happen in gully cricket. They cannot happen at top level sports.

2 minutes ago, Khota said:

I know he will be in the team. I know he will get selected and I damn well know I will be here telling you how he did not work out.

I knw ull come out on days when it wont

But which cricketer performs every day let me knw, also it wud be good if u also show up the day they perform

2 minutes ago, Khota said:

It does not work. Dual roles only happen in gully cricket. They cannot happen at top level sports.

those happen only issue is ur eyes are closed that day 

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I knw ull come out on days when it wont

But which cricketer performs every day let me knw, also it wud be good if u also show up the day they perform

those happen only issue is ur eyes are closed that day 

No one has milked the 90+ he scored in SA more. Kettle meet Mr. Pot.

18 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

only few batsman in domestic who can roll arm over - 

Vihari- not good enough to bat at 6,7....infact was impact less in deodhar

jadhav- already in team with no future

Hooda- gone down at domestic level

Abhishek sharma- too young

Sundar- in contention, but his state side doesnt trust his bowling much as format becomes longer

Rana- has been very inconsistent and has his share of problems against short bowling

Raina- done n dusted 

Shankar- Good for 4,5 position not below then that , his bowling is not far from dube

Nair- not even on A-team radar, hasnt set limited over in domestic or IPL on fire 

But most of them will have same result if u use them as one of the main bowlers . It was foolish captaincy to play dube n sundar as 5th bowler . Play most of them apart from sundar as 6th bowler or they ll have same fate 8 out of 10 times specially against these kind of batsman 

You are talking about players who are over the hill like Raina and picking technical flaws in guys like Rana to suit your agenda. So Rana is bad against short pitch balls, but Dube is a symbol of compact technique? :cantstop:

Anyway I am talking about a proper middle order bat in domestics, who can roll his arm over. if there isn't anyone in domestics it is a matter of concern.

22 minutes ago, maniac said:

You are talking about players who are over the hill like Raina and picking technical flaws in guys like Rana to suit your agenda. So Rana is bad against short pitch balls, but Dube is a symbol of compact technique? :cantstop:

Next Wc is in Aus short ball wud be a key n m not picking his flaw he has it which has been exploited in IPL

As if u guys wont pounce on rana if he fails in 2 games

What i meant was he has his issues n if he fails in few games ppl like u will have issues with him, wont be surprised if ull be the 1st one to call him hack

Anyway I am talking about a proper middle order bat in domestics, who can roll his arm over. if there isn't anyone in domestics it is a matter of concern.

Nair, jadhav, Shankar, Rana are proper middle order batsman who can roll arm over 

Infact Sundar n Abhishek sharma has very good technique 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
21 hours ago, G_B_ said:

And a peak raina was streets ahead of dube as a batsman who can bowl 

Ditto kedar jadhav. When he came onto the scene he was a better 6th bowler

Dube has a choice to make. Focus on batting and be an ace. Or focus on being a better bowler even if it means lower returns with the bat.

Raina for all his short ball weakness was a solid winning player for India.A perfect lower order batsmen who could start hitting  from ball one if needed but also had ability to score 100 if needed.Dubey is nowhere near him as a batsman yet.He is 26 like Shankar and Pandya so no spring chicken and not a great prospect while coming up thru ranks.

Edited by putrevus