Does ‘Chhapaak’ portray acid attack convict as a Hindu named ‘Rajesh’? No, false claim

randomGuy

15 hours ago, Yoda-esque said:

Watched Tanhaji.Probably watched a Hindi film in theaters after ages.While I do not agree with the commercialization of historical films,we need this narrative more than ever.Will leave your throat choked with emotions , guaranteed.

Yeah,no interest in Chhapaak.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

What is this narrative that you speak of? 

Have you watched Bajirao Mastani and Panipat? How did you find those?

I will catch this movie later this week. I've heard a lot of good things about this one.

I already anticipate a cringe worthy attempt by Ajay Devgn uttering:  "adhi lagin kondanacha, punha lagin rayba cha" :p:

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Not pointing to her stance only, but general public doesn’t go for movies with strong social message, none such movies do well in India, like Aarakshan. It had all star cast, still do well.

Aarakshan hardly had anything to do with reservation. It had *NO* social message. It was about proliferation of coaching classes/centres, and how without keeping profit as the driving motive education can be imparted.

41 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I will catch this movie later this week. I've heard a lot of good things about this one.

I already anticipate a cringe worthy attempt by Ajay Devgn uttering:  "adhi lagin kondanacha, punha lagin rayba cha" :p:

Read our eminent historians edited social social studies books or text books of Romila Thapar, Irfan Habib makes it looks like India is land of riches which gave an easy pass for Foreign Invaders to come and loot.

Name me one king from the Chalukya,Rashtrakuta,satvahana,pallava,chera dynasty and their accomplishments and you have your answer.

Mariyam,do you agree that a less than 200 year old Mughal history in this glorious history of ours is disproportionately represented in curriculum??Everyone knows who the 6 great emperors are,everyone's knows the Congress leaders..but apart from small chapters on Ashoka,Gupta and Maurya there's nothing else.

That has to be changed.

12 hours ago, Yoda-esque said:

Mariyam,do you agree that a less than 200 year old Mughal history in this glorious history of ours is disproportionately represented in curriculum??Everyone knows who the 6 great emperors are,everyone's knows the Congress leaders..but apart from small chapters on Ashoka,Gupta and Maurya there's nothing else.

That has to be changed.

To be honest, I don't know who the 6 Mughal Emperors are!

I don't think most people could be bothered either ways with what is in the curriculum. I could however, tell you the last 6 years Filmfare award winners. :cool: 

Mughals are relatively recent. Ashoka and the like are from a couple of millennia ago. Authentic sources on Ashoka's life are not as abundant as they are on the Mughals, British and Post Independence India. Most people in Maharashtra already know about (at least vaguely) Shivaji and the Maratha history. That has also to do with them being relatively recent. For example, I doubt many would know which dynasty/sculptor built the Ajanta and Ellora caves. 

The bias here is chronological and not civilizational/religious.

Besides, how would a movie 'change' any of this? Bollywood, in the past has made movies on Ashoka, the Rajputs, the Sikhs, the Marathas, freedom fighters etc. Where exactly is the bias?

Edited by Mariyam

To be honest, I don't know who the 6 Mughal Emperors are!
I don't think most people could be bothered either ways with what is in the curriculum. I could however, tell you the last 6 years Filmfare award winners. :cool: 

Mughals are relatively recent. Ashoka and the like are from a couple of millennia ago. Authentic sources on Ashoka's life are not as abundant as they are on the Mughals, British and Post Independence India. Most people in Maharashtra already know about (at least vaguely) Shivaji and the Maratha history. That has also to do with them being relatively recent. For example, I doubt many would know which dynasty/sculptor built the Ajanta and Ellora caves. 
The bias here is chronological and not civilizational/religious.

Besides, how would a movie 'change' any of this? Bollywood, in the past has made movies on Ashoka, the Rajputs, the Sikhs, the Marathas, freedom fighters etc. Where exactly is the bias?

I bet people in China know about Xin dynasty, or that people in Turkey know about Ottomans or the Italians about Romans .These are not recent civilizations.

Since textbooks do not mention all the indic civilizations ( probably from fear of leftist backlash) prior to the 16th century, what's wrong if films raise that awareness? I have seen many comments on Twitter that they now know who Tanaji was.

By the way ,the capture of Kondhana started the 30 year Maratha- Mughal wars that forced Aurangzeb to come down to Deccan and he still could not defeat the Marathas and died a bitter man.Its an important passage and event of our history.

Baba Ramdev wants Deepika to hire him as an adviser. <- click left for the full article.

Yoga guru Ramdev said Deepika Padukone should get herself acquainted with socio-political issues in the country before taking any "big decisions" and should appoint people like him as her advisors,

who will give her a "fair insight" into vital issues.

:D 

1 hour ago, riya said:

How can u compare these two movies...

Quite simple.

Chhapaak = Deepika Padukone = leftist=  JNU= Pseudo liberal = Congressi= dhimmi= urban naxal

Tanhaji = taking the fight back to the unholy leftist/muslim/church cabal = attempt to undo historic wrongs= source of our pride.

This is a clear win of a rejuvenated India over the Congressi one that existed for around 70 years post Independence. :dontknow: 

:p:

Edited by Mariyam

14 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Quite simple.

Chhapaak = Deepika Padukone = leftist=  JNU= Pseudo liberal = Congressi= dhimmi= urban naxal

Tanhaji = taking the fight back to the unholy leftist/muslim/church cabal = attempt to undo historic wrongs= source of our pride.

This is a clear win of of rejuvenated India over the one that existed for around 70 years post Independence. :dontknow: 

Madamji waise aapne kaunsi movie dekhi inme se? :p::p:

15 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Quite simple.

This is a clear win of a rejuvenated India over the Congressi one that existed for around 70 years post Independence. :dontknow: 

:p:

Oh oh i see .Then what about Race3 collecting more than all these rejuvenated indian movies...? Whats the explanation....:nervous:

Just now, speedheat said:

Madamji waise aapne kaunsi movie dekhi inme se? :p::p:

Dono!

Sunday - Chhapaak

Tuesday- Lior Suchard "the mentalist" show: he was in Mumbai  (MUST watch)

Wednesday- Tanhaji.

I enjoyed Tanhaji. Ajay Devgn essays the role of Tanaji surprisingly well. In the Maratha genre Bollywood movies I've enjoyed Bajirao Mastani the most.

2 minutes ago, riya said:

Oh oh i see .Then what about Race3 collecting more than all these rejuvenated indian movies...? Whats the explanation....:nervous:

That's also quite simple.

Like myself, most Indian film-goers are escapist sentimental fools. Most of us want to watch a masala movie to enjoy it without trying to link it to politics.

That would be my stupid guess :dontknow: