ICC U-19 World Cup 2020 Discussion Thread

nsareen

38 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

This team has better third pacer. Kartik, Sushant, Akash. All three are good. 

Third pacer meaning Sushant.  Early days and these are kids so time to improve, but at first glance IMO not sure if better than the combo of Porel/Arshdeep especially Porel who picked up lots of wickets at crucial times.  Sushant needs to pickup on his fitness/physique and accuracy.

59 minutes ago, First class said:

I think this Indian team pace attack is same or probably better then 2018 team, particularly I would pick Tyagi over Mavi and Nagarkoti, very exciting prospect. I still think Shaw and Gill were exceptional talent even with India batting high standard. 

Tyagi and Akash do have somewhat of a height advantage.  At the end of the day, it does matter for pacers. Nagarkoti/Mavi progress halted by injuries and recovery post WC and we are already in the next WC.  

31 minutes ago, vice said:

Third pacer meaning Sushant.  Early days and these are kids so time to improve, but at first glance IMO not sure if better than the combo of Porel/Arshdeep especially Porel who picked up lots of wickets at crucial times.  Sushant needs to pickup on his fitness/physique and accuracy.

Not too impressed with Sushant, he needs to work a lot on his fitness. He is a bit chubby, but skill level is good. 

16 hours ago, vice said:

. Nagarkoti/Mavi progress halted by injuries and recovery post WC and we are already in the next WC.  

Nagarkoti yes.

But Mavi has played some FC. List A and T20s including the IPL.

And he was a prolific wicket taker in FC.

Injury at the beginning of this Ranji season is sad.

Edited by express bowling