ICC U-19 World Cup 2020 Discussion Thread

nsareen

29 minutes ago, sadib10 said:

We're cruising here as people would predict. Though the final might turn out to be too much for us

Haven't seen you post much - forum would do well to have some bangla participants.  Keep posting, we are all cricket fans here.  Ignore the "banter" that occasionally gets to be a bit mean-spirited.

26 minutes ago, SUMO said:

Over the years, Bangladeshs have specialized in producing touch players and sweet timers. They can match India in this regard. Problem is their batsman are mostly malnutritioned midgets.

Its not about nutrition or height - its about lack of FC 'seasoning'.  When I saw Soumya Sarkar and Mahmudullah bat a few years ago, they looked like excellent prospects, who could and should have gone on to very solid international careers.  But they have both underwhelmed consistently and failed to kick on. Because they have not been forged fully through the grind of good quality domestic cricket.  

Toyger board invests a lot and focuses a lot on u19 team - if they did half as much for their FC cricket, you would see a lot more competitive test team, and even in white ball formats.  But the board has a desi mentality of mistreating domestic players as servants and leftovers, not as valuable parts of the solution to build a top class national team.  

3 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Haven't seen you post much - forum would do well to have some bangla participants.  Keep posting, we are all cricket fans here.  Ignore the "banter" that occasionally gets to be a bit mean-spirited.

Barely got to watch any form of cricket lately. With Arsenal becoming pathetic, Kobe's death(still feels unreal to write this), Nadal crashing out of AO & Packers losing out on another superbowl made the whole world of sport hard to watch now days. Only watched Arsenal & some lakers games recently:cantstop:

1 hour ago, sadib10 said:

We're cruising here as people would predict. Though the final might turn out to be too much for us

Your pace bowling attack is impressive in this tournament.

I think that is the biggest plus for you irrespective of what happens in the final.

If Shoriful and Sakib can realize their potential then you will have 2 good test match quality bowlers.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Your pace bowling attack is impressive in this tournament.

I think that is the biggest plus for you irrespective of what happens in the final.

If Shoriful and Sakib can realize their potential then you will have 2 good test match quality bowlers.

I think Bangla needs fast bowlers to become a bigger force. They already have some world class batsmen and some decent spinners. They remind me of India from the 90's. Even the way Fizz fizzled out after a promising start

33 minutes ago, vice said:

Size doesn't matter that much for batsmen. Likes of Tendulkar, Shaw, Gavaskar,etc not really hulks.  Cricket is a game of precision,skill, and most importantly it's the mental fortitude that separates the men from the boys. 

True I too believe in this But had Ashraful, Rahim ( our own rahane) built like soumya sarkar, rohit, ponting, smith etc ( just average not tall or hulk). They might have better carriers. 
I  listened somewhere to Virat how he became more confident after jacking up post 2014. Knowing you can clear the boundary without hitting hard and losing your ground footing and balance improves your limited overs batsmanship by leaps and bounds.

7 hours ago, sandeep said:

Humility is one thing, bursting delusion bubbles is another.  

I have nothing but love for kids playing cricket, green or blue.  But those kids were totally and comprehensively outclassed - they were playing against qualitatively and collectively a much stronger group of players.  It takes a fool to overlook that and pretend it was "just a bad day".

You have your moment, enjoy it

I just differ in views and that's totally allowed .

As for as "quality" Guess We have that sorted out too we will find out in next few years.

1 minute ago, Shaukat said:

As for as "quality" Guess We have that sorted out too we will find out in next few years.

of course you are "allowed".  You can believe that Ahmed Shehzad is better than Virat Kohli - before that Taufiq Umer was better than Sehwag.  Its nothing new.  We have found out over many, many years.  

1 minute ago, Shaukat said:

Good luck but you need to ask this, Amir was very talented and he made a big mistake, so how come up you didn’t find a single bowler who could grab the opportunity with both hands? You guys should have had 6-7 bowlers in the pecking order but all you did was red carpet welcome for him. Look I had no problem because he did his time and he is free to play but the way people were counting down the time to see him was amusing.

Its not like Pak is a small country in terms of population or cricketers. Do you think if Gill or Shaw get banned tomorrow for something major like fixing, they will ever break in to the main team regardless of how talented they are?

Same goes for Sharjeel. In 2 years you couldn’t find openers to push him back the pecking order and not be desperate for his comeback?

All this bahut talent hai is a hogwash to make yourself feel better.

Obviously Pak is a cricket crazy nation just like India and good talent will always come through but this dumb bravado of “we have sorted it out “ etc is what gives people a lot of material to

pull your leg.

20 minutes ago, sandeep said:

of course you are "allowed".  You can believe that Ahmed Shehzad is better than Virat Kohli - before that Taufiq Umer was better than Sehwag.  Its nothing new.  We have found out over many, many years.  

Yeah like You dont have your share of idiots in your side

You want me to dig out the crap that the likes of Sehwag , Tiwari and gambho have spewed ?

Keep the conversation to two of us, Such desperation is clown worthy.