ICC U-19 World Cup 2020 Discussion Thread

nsareen

1 minute ago, Shaukat said:

Yeah like You dont have your share of idiots in your side

You want me to dig out the crap that the likes of Sehwag , Tiwari and gambho have spewed ?

Keep the conversation to two of us, Such desperation is clown worthy.

Context matters.  So does the ratio of idiocy.  If you are an exception to the stereotype, that's a positive.  Don't get toxic just because the stereotype exists - ask yourself why it exists.  Or don't.  I don't give AF.

26 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Good luck but you need to ask this, Amir was very talented and he made a big mistake, so how come up you didn’t find a single bowler who could grab the opportunity with both hands? You guys should have had 6-7 bowlers in the pecking order but all you did was red carpet welcome for him. Look I had no problem because he did his time and he is free to play but the way people were counting down the time to see him was amusing.

Its not like Pak is a small country in terms of population or cricketers. Do you think if Gill or Shaw get banned tomorrow for something major like fixing, they will ever break in to the main team regardless of how talented they are?

Same goes for Sharjeel. In 2 years you couldn’t find openers to push him back the pecking order and not be desperate for his comeback?

All this bahut talent hai is a hogwash to make yourself feel better.

Obviously Pak is a cricket crazy nation just like India and good talent will always come through but this dumb bravado of “we have sorted it out “ etc is what gives people a lot of material to

pull your leg.

I personally have never been whistle blower of "Talent" Infact I laugh at the folly of Ex-cricketers and whoever he is who claims " Buht talent buht talent" Nonsense. No there is never too much talent You have to pick up the pieces and develop it . And post-Amir period our stocks were barren as far as bowling is concern We didnt see any Impressive fast bowler coming in, the reason could be anything. However lately We have seen Shaheen, Naseem, Rauf Early days but enough potential

The whole debate surrounding U19 was that both India and Pakistan have few players who can have parallel careers at Senior level and I stick by its possibility,

Haider and Fast bowler Amir khan who was carrying an Injury ag India have looked apart and I see no reason why they cant have impressive path if develop well.

new zealand captain & coach were referring to Toss playing an important role i the Semis. They said it considerably got easier to bat later on.. will it be a factor again on Sunday, is chasing the best method to win on this pitch ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

india has played against bangla quite a bit.. there is not much of a surprise element apart from ankolekar.. karthik sushant akash are known to bangla batsmen along with bishnoi. in one of the matches in england karthik went for 10 an over & bishnoi bowled 10+ wides against them..

in batting india top order has done reasonably well, but priyam jure have not shone through like they would have liked to & we have reached the finals, they have a v good bowling attack.

if india bats first, 225 doesn’t look defendable against this Bangla side.. wonder how they got out for 109 for 9 against pakistan in the league matches, the rest they have strolled through..

against Zim scores @ 11 RPO & thrashing them under 12 overs. scot no match..Against SA they scored a good 260 & now new zealand top order seeing them through.. the batting has not been tested

Our squad is genuinely pretty good all around & it’s not often that I say that. Don't care if we win or lose as u-19 is supposed to produce players for the senior squad. Winning age restricted tournaments is always supposed to be a bonus & nothing more.

Our first class cricket's lack of structure & focus will ruin most of these kids anyway 

18 minutes ago, sadib10 said:

Our squad is genuinely pretty good all around & it’s not often that I say that. Don't care if we win or lose as u-19 is supposed to produce players for the senior squad. Winning age restricted tournaments is always supposed to be a bonus & nothing more.

Our first class cricket's lack of structure & focus will ruin most of these kids anyway 

I genuinely believe that this Ban U19 team can upset us in the finals. I am not even sure if upset is the correct word to use here because the teams are quite evenly matched. While India have a bit of added flair in their ranks, especially in their bowling, Ban bowlers are very disciplined and skillful as well. Hope to have you in the discussion during the finals.