ICC U-19 World Cup 2020 Discussion Thread

nsareen

Not impressed with this current crop of u-19 players. Obviously the standard has been set very high with the last 2 batches.

The batsmen are struggling against short pitch bowling even against SL u-19 pacers.

The Leg spinner  has some potential though.

I saw Tyagi bowl and think he is too one dimensional. Sure he hits the 140ks but don’t see any Special skills.

Again comparing apples to apples this u-19 batch vs the last few. Obviously some of them will evolve and some will regress. Best wishes for their sake they all do evolve but so far no standouts. Compare someone like the best of the lot like say Jaiswal with previous u-19 standout bats (at their age) like when we  saw Shaw,Gill,Kohli,Chand and even Pant there is something missing here.

Not impressed with this current crop of u-19 players. Obviously the standard has been set very high with the last 2 batches.

The batsmen are struggling against short pitch bowling even against SL u-19 pacers.

The Leg spinner  has some potential though.

I saw Tyagi bowl and think he is too one dimensional. Sure he hits the 140ks but don’t see any Special skills.

Again comparing apples to apples this u-19 batch vs the last few. Obviously some of them will evolve and some will regress. Best wishes for their sake they all do evolve but so far no standouts. Compare someone like the best of the lot like say Jaiswal with previous u-19 standout bats (at their age) like when we  saw Shaw,Gill,Kohli,Chand and even Pant there is something missing here.

i feel the current crop have more correct players than the previous batch where only gill kalra were the impact players like we have veer & garg in this edition.

shaw crossed 50 only once i suppose he dint have a very good world cup by his standards, he did improve after the world cup though..

bowing wise i feel personally we had only nagarkoti & mavi, porel was way below par due to the injury and the other spinner was anukul roy who could bat. current batch has 3 quicks above 135, two can touch 90mph & i feel sushant is a smart bowler with quite a lot of variations... in the spin front bishnoi & ankolekar are the best spinners with lot of backup spinners such as jaswal tilak & veer..

lastly if you consider age to be a factor kalra & mavi are accused of age fudging & porel was already 19 when he entered the world cup.. so tyagi & 18 will get stronger in a year or two and would be a handful in my opinion due to the run up & the action he has, obviously he has things to work on which everyone has that’s the reason nagarkoti is injured for the last 19 months !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

Tyagi looks very skilful to me, for a U19 pacer.

He has 5 distinct types of balls

1)  The outswinging channel ball.

2)  The hit the deck good length ball that bounces a bit extra and seams in.

3)  The quick yorker

4)  The stump directed quick ball

5)  The proper bouncer / at the ribs short ball.

He is skilful, quick and bouncy ... and looks like a complete package to me.

His only issue is ... losing rhythm from time to time ... and losing both pace and control due to that.

He is just 19 ... this happens all the time at that age ... a bit of experience and guidance and he will be a deadly bowler.

4 hours ago, nsareen said:

i feel the current crop have more correct players than the previous batch where only gill kalra were the impact players like we have veer & garg in this edition.

shaw crossed 50 only once i suppose he dint have a very good world cup by his standards, he did improve after the world cup though..

bowing wise i feel personally we had only nagarkoti & mavi, porel was way below par due to the injury and the other spinner was anukul roy who could bat. current batch has 3 quicks above 135, two can touch 90mph & i feel sushant is a smart bowler with quite a lot of variations... in the spin front bishnoi & ankolekar are the best spinners with lot of backup spinners such as jaswal tilak & veer..

lastly if you consider age to be a factor kalra & mavi are accused of age fudging & porel was already 19 when he entered the world cup.. so tyagi & 18 will get stronger in a year or two and would be a handful in my opinion due to the run up & the action he has, obviously he has things to work on which everyone has that’s the reason nagarkoti is injured for the last 19 months !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nagarkoti is fit for several months now. He is working on his action and rhythm in Mumbai at this point.

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

Not bad from Zimbo batters. May even win this. 

Padosi bowling stocks look mediocre even at u19 level now. That fake u19 kid Naseem Shah would have come handy here. 

Didn't that Naseem Shah played against our under-strength under 19 team and Pakistan lose? Two guys from this squad made centuries.  Their bowling is not that good.