ICC U-19 World Cup 2020 Discussion Thread

nsareen

Pitches at Bloemfontein have been very slow. Spin is the key here. 

but the lack of control is disheartening, they don’t come up with any plans, seems to be just bowling short wides & hope for a wicket.. not impressive.. suddenly against asian countries they would become menacing..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3 minutes ago, nsareen said:

quicks are always attacking the stumps for LBW, not one is as wide as our Karthik..

These kids need to be told atleast, bowling coach onboard has a role here

Acid test starts from here,they have to rectify it as soon as possible

Pak u19 is dangerous, bowling batting look balanced

38 minutes ago, nsareen said:

but the lack of control is disheartening, they don’t come up with any plans, seems to be just bowling short wides & hope for a wicket.. not impressive.. suddenly against asian countries they would become menacing..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No bowlers at u19 level will be very accurate especially if they are trying to bowl quick. Even last time, Mavi-Koti were quite erratic at times and didn't set the stage on fire but their quality was the pace they had. These bowlers too have pace. So i wouldn't be too harsh on them if they spray in attempt to bowl quick. You don't want them to reduce pace for accuracy at this stage of their developmental phase. This is the time to bowl quick and develop that muscle memory of a quick bowler. 

Edited by rkt.india
11 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

No bowlers at u19 level will be very accurate especially if they are trying to bowl quick. Even last time, Mavi-Koti were quite erratic at times and didn't set the stage on fire but their quality was the pace they had. These bowlers too have pace. So i wouldn't be too harsh on them if they spray in attempt to bowl quick. You don't want them to reduce pace for accuracy at this stage of their developmental phase. This is the time to bowl quick and develop that muscle memory of a quick bowler. 

Being erratic is still fine, but some my worry is the lack of planning.. I'm not posting based on 1 match.. I've been seeing the bowlers since they landed in SA.. Go see the records against SENA batsmen & Asian batsmen, specially of Akash / Karthik both who bowl 140+.. Worry is even with the pace, they  dont have a plan for the batsmen..

Just now, nsareen said:

Being erratic is still fine, but some my worry is the lack of planning.. I'm not posting based on 1 match.. I've been seeing the bowlers since they landed in SA.. Go see the records against SENA batsmen & Asian batsmen, specially of Akash / Karthik both who bowl 140+.. Worry is even with the pace, they  dont have a plan for the batsmen..

Now i dont expect them to be Bumrah but U19 is still a very mature level to be able to execute the plans, those little things to show that you are using brains also is not that evident.. I may sound harsh but just stating observations from what i see relative to other pace bowlers in other U19 teams..

8 minutes ago, nsareen said:

When have you seen u19 bowlers bowling with plan? Mavi-Koti were similar last time. Only thing they have in mind right now is to bowl quick. Same was the case with Mavi-Koti. Only difference is pitches in NZ were a shade quicker with more consistent bounce.

9 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

When have you seen u19 bowlers bowling with plan? Mavi-Koti were similar last time. Only thing they have in mind right now is to bowl quick. Same was the case with Mavi-Koti. Only difference is pitches in NZ were a shade quicker with more consistent bounce.

Well if you think U19 bowlers cannot plan, then that's plain naivety... planning & execution starts from U14 dude, even if you are a tearaway... I've seen many & played with many to know there are plans for every match.. 

4 hours ago, nsareen said:

Well if you think U19 bowlers cannot plan, then that's plain naivety... planning & execution starts from U14 dude, even if you are a tearaway... I've seen many & played with many to know there are plans for every match.. 

They can plan but execution lacks. 

11 hours ago, Autonomous said:

Good that they replaced Naseem Shah with Amir. 

Another 19 year old pacer, Akif Javed from remote areas is currently at NCA, Akif is not very fast but has decent pace with excellent bowling skills (Bhuvi type bowler).

Akif came to limelight for his pace. He clocked 146 kph in the remote area trials. 

He is not a Bhuvi type bowler. 

On 1/24/2020 at 5:03 AM, express bowling said:

Nagarkoti yes.

But Mavi has played some FC. List A and T20s including the IPL.

And he was a prolific wicket taker in FC.

Injury at the beginning of this Ranji season is sad.

Yeah fair enough, but even Mavi has had injury issues missing IPL and domestics which halted their progress IIRC.  Look how Porel leapfrogged both of them and is now in the India A.

12 hours ago, rkt.india said:

If you become fast and accurate too at young age, you become Naseem Shah. This bowler Amir Khan is very similar to Nseem Shah, in built, height and action. 

12 hours ago, Suhaan said:

These kids need to be told atleast, bowling coach onboard has a role here

Acid test starts from here,they have to rectify it as soon as possible

Pak u19 is dangerous, bowling batting look balanced

Pak has very good pace attack, probably better than India, but India has a much better leggie and far far better batting line up, should be favorite when( and if ) they play Pakistan in this WC.