Harsha Bhogle on Pants inclusion

Laaloo

3 hours ago, Laaloo said:

No doubt that pant needs more keeping to spinners in the subcontinent, but what wrong has he done overseas while keeping? Stop making **** up for the sake of argument. 

Well-said.  In the absence of a real spin threat on NZ pitches, Pant's batting advantage outweighs his keeping disadvantage.  But on Indian pitches, Saha's flawless keeping against spinners is invaluable.  My only gripe is that, based on his test record, Pant should've played as a batsman in India.  But picking him in NZ as a wk-bat is a good decision.  

14 hours ago, Laaloo said:

I have watched most of the games I have. He’s far from shakti Kapoor as you are making out to be. Anyone without bias can see, bhogle has been against pant for years now. Whether it’s because he works for chuskibuzz or some other bias, you can choose what you want to believe.

Bhogle has many deficiencies but he is the only mainstream cricket commentator who has opened his mouth against how Pant is mishandled by Kohli and Sastri. You just can't be selective to reinforce your  misplaced perception.

11 hours ago, Laaloo said:

This thread is specifically about harsha bhogle and his views regarding pant. Harsha bhogle works for Cricbuzz. How about you try seeing the trends against pant on cricbuzz and see how bhogle has always been very vocally against pant. If you can’t see it, then I can’t help you. 

Bhogle articulates very well where Pant might need help but ain't getting any from Team

If Parthiv Ptael can play 25 Test Matches for India, I would imagine Pant playing a few more than him.
Pant is not that bad behind the stumps, and I feel his hand eye cordination with large open spaces in the outfield , he is good enough to get some useful runs in the lower middle order atleast in the Test Arena.

11 test with an average of 40 plus, he is good enough to play a lot more than Parthiv Patet atleast