What's ailing J Bumrah ?

SK_IH

9 minutes ago, bhakum20 said:

i really doubt bumrah takes his place for granted. He’s one of the most intelligent and hardworking cricketers we’ve ever had.

Most have pointed out lack of consistency which is something he will have to figure out on his own or TM. 

A county stint would be much more useful than smashing batsmen for fun in ranji

Yes he is mainstay of this team,his place is secured and he deserves that as he has performed so well since his debut and has truly transformed our bowling attack,but the thing is he shouldn't be taking things for granted,maybe im wrong,but i haven't said something which is 'wrong',they shouldn't have rushed him in,he will surely play SA odis,i dont think Kohli will rest him ,our longer interest says otherwise,then he plays a nearly two month long IPL,im concerned,his injury may resurface

14 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Everyone is focusing on his erstwhile back injury.

But I think his wrist action and ball release has changed a bit during this time out of the game 

And this has affected his ball release, accuracy, movement and zip off the deck.

He bowled that incredible top of off stump line ball after ball  in West Indies moving it both ways.. hardly bowled that in the first test 

10 hours ago, express bowling said:

But I think his wrist action and ball release has changed a bit during this time out of the game 

And this has affected his ball release, accuracy, movement and zip off the deck.

Thts the whole point. After being away for over 4 months due to that back injury, before he got himself back in rhythm, he was rushed to international cricket ad then played in useless LOIs without bowling in any competitive matches. As great a bowler as he is, expecting him to suddenly step up in high intensity int’l games was setting him up for failure. 

Should have been allowed to gradually return to international cricket.

10 hours ago, express bowling said:

Thts the whole point. After being away for over 4 months for that back injury, before he got himself back in rhythm, he was rushed to international cricket ad then played in useless LOIs without bowling in any competitive matches. As great a bowler as he is, expecting him to suddenly have the same old perfect action and step up in high intensity int’l games was setting him up for failure. 

18 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Yes he is mainstay of this team,his place is secured and he deserves that as he has performed so well since his debut and has truly transformed our bowling attack,but the thing is he shouldn't be taking things for granted,maybe im wrong,but i haven't said something which is 'wrong',they shouldn't have rushed him in,he will surely play SA odis,i dont think Kohli will rest him ,our longer interest says otherwise,then he plays a nearly two month long IPL,im concerned,his injury may resurface

Aren’t bowlers better off bowling to try and get rhythm back than resting?

4 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Thts the whole point. After being away for over 4 months for that back injury, before he got himself back in rhythm, he was rushed to international cricket ad then played in useless LOIs without bowling in any competitive matches. As great a bowler as he is, expecting him to suddenly have the same old perfect action and step up in high intensity int’l games was setting him up for failure. 

When your premiere bowler is fit enough to bowl you will play him. You are not going to send him to domestic. Nowhere it happens. Ishant is also back from injury. Look how he bowls. Infact he was expected to be more scratchy.  He has to add more to his armory to deal with wide range of conditions.

16 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

So would you hurt your team's interest in the longer run by risking your proven match winner in useless lois?

It’s a temptation that TM fell into. 

But, if Bumrah is fit and ready for selection, even I would have been tempted to get him match practice ahead of the NZ tour. His return in that sense was well timed. But, stress fractures are known to be of long haul, so effectiveness was always in question.

Unfortunately, it’s gone against Bumrah and India. :((

Edited by Adi_91
17 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

It’s a temptation that TM fell into. 

But, if Bumrah is fit and ready for selection, even I would have been tempted to get him match practice ahead of the NZ tour. His return in that sense was well timed. But, stress fractures are known to be of long haul, so effectiveness was always in question.

Unfortunately, it’s gone against Bumrah and India. :((

Yes they thought he will be at his best once again,but i fear if they don't let him regain his fitness he may breakdown for a longer period as he has to play 2 month long IPL(not because we as fans want it but powerful franchisees won't let him skip)

2 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Yes they thought he will be at his best once again,but i fear if they don't let him regain his fitness he may breakdown for a longer period as he has to play 2 month long IPL(not because we as fans want it but powerful franchisees won't let him skip)

He will definitely play the IPL. It’s too big a tournament for our team members. Remember they all played despite WC being so close last year.

My bigger worry is if this injury will affect for a longer period. The longer he struggles, the painful the wait for India to be back to winning ways in SENA.