AB DV

kallis

cullinan

Bazz ( wk )

Chahal ( vc )

zakk 

harmison

akhtar

Sachin has one of the best  stats in knockouts  and finals and has single handedly won many finals,  semi-finals and quarter finals for us. He has consistently performed at the highest stage for us. He wouldn't have pissed his pants against afridi or rauf

but yeah, lets base this on one single failure and another when we were chasing 360, not a single batsman in the world has ever chssed 360 in a majaor final, 250 has been chased once in world cup finals and not a single time in CT finals against a non minnow. But sure 360 was the batsmans fault 

Edited by New guy
On 4/4/2020 at 9:11 PM, Real McCoy said:

Yeah that's weird if you think about it. He played one of the clutch knocks in the final. Its not easy to come after the first ball wicket and score 90+ and got out only due to team reasons. He wanted to destroy any chances of SL making a comeback. Unlike someone who slows down after reaching 90s :phehe: If he had stayed not out, he would be the number one choice as he would have crossed 120. I wished they gave both him and Dhoni the man of the match but the whole award thing is useless. Someone collected most man of the matches award and flopped in both of the finals he played :--D

Correction - AA didn't actually hit those 2 fours. He just swiped and missed and got out the next ball skying up a length delivery. Dravid was also talking to him during his previous two swipes trying to convince him to buckle down. RD was not only a senior member of the team but he was also the captain. He resigned I think partly due to team not following his orders and to concentrate on his batting.

Sachin has  brilliant record in many finals, quater finals and semi finals.  He only has one single sampel of failure in a final, chasing 360 doesnt count for anyone, no batsman has achieved that in history 

Ststisticslly he also has one of the fastest stirk rate in 80s and 90s

But then why would facts matter for a cheap sri lankan troll. I just feel pity for the likes @velu who keeps falling for your troll. 

The sri lankan troll who doesn't show up on a single india match but shows up here 

Edited by New guy
On 4/4/2020 at 1:09 AM, nevada said:

Why Chukhtar? I would pick Bombay Duckarkar over him. He and Srinath leaked runs like a bottomless bucket and destroyed our chances in the 1999 world cup. 

Srinath did well in the 1999 world cup, Srilanka, Pakistan, England in all these games Srinath was terrific, thou he was to be blamed for the loss against zimbabwe's, thru his wicket away at the end and we lost by a tiny margin.

No bigger mental midgets than ajinkya rahane and kl Rahul, both just look petrified everytime put in a difficult situation, rahane has the worse body language ever, he could be on 199 not out and still get out the softest way ever. Rahane at the domestic level before debut was run machine, would hit centuries for fun against international teams in tour games, in 2010 he hammered mithchel Johnson, siddle, hilfenhaus and Nathan hauritz in a tour game, since being clean bowled twice  of steven finns bowling in 2012 rahane psychologically has never been in the right mindset. He was a lot more fluent and attacking.

39 minutes ago, New guy said:

Weird how this is thr only thread you appear in. No on match thread, not anywhere else.

Weirder is the fact that they find the word 'midget' funny. I have met a lot of cricket aficionados in my life, many of them don't like Sachin for many reasons, but this is never one of the reasons. Calling him choker is fine but why would you hate a person for being short? Or maybe they don't have a valid reason, they just want to hate him. 

Sir DK should be the captain. Guy used to score hundreds in practice matches but screw up in the tournament. Still remember the hundred in  2013 CT practice match.

Should be up there with Kambli on the list of players who absolutely wasted their talent.

K L Rahul should captain this team.

He always looks like he'd burst into an inconsolable sob at the drop of a hat. And he exudes this emotion even while fielding. 

Worst body language of the lot of IPL captains.

He reminds me of Nirupa Roy's character from Amar Akbar Anthony.

She cries when she misplaces her kids.

She cries when she becomes blind.

She cries when her vision is restored.

She cries at a Qawwali.

She cries when her 'munh bola beta' gives her flowers 

She cries when she eventually finds her kids and her husband.

WTH.