What is the future of Bollywood going forward?

LordPrabhzy

24 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Vicky Kaushal is an industry insider. He was one of the ADs for Gangs of Waseypur only because his father was in the industry and could reach out to people and vouch for his son. That is where he got on Kashyap's radar. And then Luv Shuv tey chicken khurana/Masaan happened. 

I did not know that so that has refreshed my knowledge on him. So thank you

24 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Why are people hating on Sara Ali Khan? Aside of Love aaj Kal, where she had a real role, she has acted in Simmba & Kedarnath. She had next to nothing to do in Simmba. How can you judge a person's acting for a role that doesn't require any acting?

She did fairly well in Love Aaj Kal. Or so I thought. Even though the movie is really bad.

No one is hating in her as a person. I am talking about the fact that she was approached  by producers to sell her the script.. why? was she in acting school?- no, did she do any prior work?- no, so on what basis was this preferential treatment awarded to her. The only thing she has that is ok looking- her acting skills have a lot to be desired for.

I also agree with you that people improve over time, Saif, Abhishek, Shahid are some examples from the top of the head. Karishma and Kareena were genuine talents in acting when it came to acting. But this is not a trend we should be following. An ideal industry is when there is a good mix of actors who have the talent and are making good films ( both star kids and small town origin actors). However right now it is massively skewed to one side with not much quality coming out

29 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Bollywood isn't all about lead actors. Today Bollywood is open to Script writers/ singers/ choreographers from the wider world. There are talent hunts. There are contests for these. This would have been unheard of in the 80s and 90s.

Unfortunately for the masses it is. Why are Salman Khan films still making crores? because we have a mindless audience who is just there to see their hero and not the script, story, acting etc. Even SRK whos made debacle after debacle since My Name is Khan has to go into sabbatical because the audience is getting fed up of a rinsed formula. 

Where are these contests taking place? why have no new male actors come through this process? Thats why I asked Manny a question to point me to an example where there have been instances of small town boys making their entry into bollywood in the last few years apart from star kids..there havent been any.

Bollywood emphasis and chooses "safe" talents, and thus very risk averse. Nepotism provides a given stardom and fan base, and thus, a safe bet. A person like Kangana today, would be seen as very raw, and not bankable. The issue is at a top level, where directors, and producers keep going for the safety options of actors from the industry families. 

Of course, there are people like Ananya Pandey who make it worse, by refusing to accept nepotism. That's hypocrisy and far from reality world.

Soon we will be talking about how great our cricket was in the 70s. Nostalgia is the biggest fraud there is...somethings get better, others worse, and more stay the same. Art is also very subjective....yeah music was better when I was younger too...:hitler:

some random jythokia/surya *ing tamil movie got released directly in netflix  ( film industry are against this move ) ..

i am not sure about the economics of releasing high/mid range budget movies DTH thru netflix/prime/hulu.. 

On 5/12/2020 at 6:40 AM, Mariyam said:

I agree with you.

But making a Bollywood movie is *not* like making a rocket. Its a relatively simpler exercise.

When a person belongs to a film family, he she is exposed to a lot of the tricks of the trade, including camera work, acting etc from an early age. Its like 10+ years of apprenticeship. 

While it maybe horrible acting, but it is still exposure. Intuitively these people would do a lot of stuff right.

An outsider simply doesn't have this exposure. Those outsiders who are good and secure a seat at a NSD or a FTII have made it into Bollywod. Of course they have had to struggle more, but they have gotten their due share of recognition and success.

At the end of the day your cast should be marketable. That is all that the producers/ corporate production houses ask for.

After some of these guys read your interview in cricket talk, i wonder if they'll accuse you of benefiting from nepotism...:hysterical: