Saffies played better than India in this test

India has batted for a total of 5 sessions of which we dominated in 3. South Africa have batted for the better part of 7 sessions and dominated in 4. I.e. this track is so dead that the team batting is the de facto driver of the proceedings, and thus the appearance that india have been outplayed in this test. Heck, look at it this way, out of 4 days, india has dominated only 1 and the day alone has offset three days of south african dominance.

RP Singh is the big failure so far in this Test. Not because he did not take wickets - I think its ok if he goes wicketless in this stupid flat pitch, but his line and length is miserable. Bowl a good line and length at good pace, give it your best. I can accept if you do that and go wicketless. But, what sort of pathetic bowling is this by RPS! Hope RPS can bowl better on day-5, but I think he just wants to trundle and finish this Test. Is he having a niggle!?? dont know.

Take out this thread and the BS level reduces drastically.
:haha: Danda can always surprise you. He's not happy about the triple hundred or the lead. In other words if the top 6 had scored 6 hundreds and India would have been all out for the same score he would have been happy. Strange thinking that.
RP Singh is the big failure so far in this Test. Not because he did not take wickets - I think its ok if he goes wicketless in this stupid flat pitch, but his line and length is miserable. Bowl a good line and length at good pace, give it your best. I can accept if you do that and go wicketless. But, what sort of pathetic bowling is this by RPS! Hope RPS can bowl better on day-5, but I think he just wants to trundle and finish this Test. Is he having a niggle!?? dont know.
sreesanth has not be any better either... for all practical purposes we are in this match with 2 bowlers.
Guest Hiten.
sreesanth has not be any better either... for all practical purposes we are in this match with 2 bowlers.
Sreesanth impresses but only in bits and pieces. Because of his bravado, ability to field better than Munaf; he is picked ahead of Munaf Patel. To me, Munaf and Sree are equal. Munaf bowls accordingly to the field set, whereas Sree is wayward. Munaf is hopeless in field, whereas Sree is almost an athletic in the field.
:haha: Danda can always surprise you. He's not happy about the triple hundred or the lead. In other words if the top 6 had scored 6 hundreds and India would have been all out for the same score he would have been happy. Strange thinking that.
With this batting line-up I did not expect them to collpase from 468 for 1; more like 700 for 6 dec with at least two of Sachin, Gangs, Laxman and Dhoni going big.
That is a lot of players to take out.....in our case only one player played.
^^ Not "just one player played well". RD and WJ batted quite alright (scores at end of innings matter than S/R in test cricket)...Batting failure in this inn was SRT. SG and VVS should have played a bigger innings, but they were looking ok in the middle. RP Singh was extremely disappointing. Hope the axe falls on him in favor of Ishant Sharma for Test-2.

You chat cack my fellow fan. Last time I looked, the Saffies made 540, and we got near that for the loss of just one wicket. Also, Harbhajan and Kumble bowled well at the most difficult time to bowl on this track. Also, I recall a 70 odd from Jaffer, and a Century from Rahul Dravid, so please tell me this thread was a joke, or a sarcastic dig at another poster (as is usual these days). Also, even if we had ridden solely on Sehwag's triple, it's a bit mental to say 'take out Sehwag'. The fact is, Sehwag is Indian and he was there, so please save the whinging for when we actually do f*ck up, which, I promise you, can't be too far away...