Babar Azam the real deal?

Texy

11 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

not denying that but thanks very much to this

The umpiring in Pak was not as bad as in the 80s. Anyone who has watched cricket in that era would know that home umpiring in many countries was an issue including India for e.g. Tests vs. SA in 96, Kumble's 10-er, Ind's win vs. Aus at Kol in 2001, etc. 

15 minutes ago, zen said:

The umpiring in Pak was not as bad as in the 80s. Anyone who has watched cricket in that era would know that home umpiring in many countries was an issue including India for e.g. Tests vs. SA in 96, Kumble's 10-er, Ind's win vs. Aus at Kol in 2001, etc. 

Whats the point that you're trying to make :hmmmm2:

15 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Whats the point that you're trying to make :hmmmm2:

That you made random comments like "Nobody even pakistanis dared to mention inzy is better than sachin." and "thanks very much to this" 

Edited by zen
2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Are you suggesting that Inzi was better than Sachin. If not, you are just throwing an argument for argument's sake

Does not matter what I think (Ind PoV). Many in Pak rated Inzi better  so the statement "Nobody even pakistanis dared to mention inzy is better than sachin." is not accurate. 

8 hours ago, zen said:

What was wrong with kumble 10fer. Which lbw decision looks dodgy to u. 

5 hours ago, zen said:

Does not matter what I think (Ind PoV). Many in Pak rated Inzi better  so the statement "Nobody even pakistanis dared to mention inzy is better than sachin." is not accurate. 

Ya some random one like u rated....but for them even umar Akmal was greater than Kohli and Ahmed Shehzad has more talen than Tendulkar. Do u think you were the only one there are few in Pakistan as well..:p:

6 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Ya some random one like u rated....but for them even umar Akmal was greater than Kohli and Ahmed Shehzad has more talen than Tendulkar. Do u think you were the only one there are few in Pakistan as well..:p:

We are talking about Inzi  .... Likes of Wasim too have rated him above Sachin from below:

https://cricketaddictor.com/cricket/wasim-akram-top-5-batsmen/

Wasim Akram's five best ever batsmen in order of ranking: 1. Sir Vivian Richards 2. Martin Crowe 3. Brian Lara 4. Inzamam-ul-Haq 5. Sachin Tendulkar #Cricket

13 hours ago, zen said:

This is what happens when you keep drinking the Pak cool aid. The highlights of kumble 10 fer is available on YouTube. show me one single decision which was worse than an umpires call.

P.S. Afridi making faces after edging behind with a clear deflection doesn't count

10 hours ago, zen said:

4 hours ago, zen said:

We are talking about Inzi  .... Likes of Wasim too have rated him above Sachin from below:

Wasim Akram's five best ever batsmen in order of ranking: 1. Sir Vivian Richards 2. Martin Crowe 3. Brian Lara 4. Inzamam-ul-Haq 5. Sachin Tendulkar #Cricket

I wouldn't look much into how pakistanis think. Their thinking is warped by their hatred of ENDIA. Even their cricketers are not far behind. You are right there maybe some pakistani nuts who over hyped Inzy and think their Inzy innings in 4th innings against Bangladesh is greater than Sachin's exploits. I underestimated their (lack of) mental capabilities. I would consult some neutral sources. No neutral in their right mind puts Inzy over Sachin. Case closed :orderorder:

1 hour ago, New guy said:

This is what happens when you keep drinking the Pak cool aid. The highlights of kumble 10 fer is available on YouTube. show me one single decision which was worse than an umpires call.

P.S. Afridi making faces after edging behind with a clear deflection doesn't count

Buddy, I do not drink either Ind or Pak cool aid - both can taste bad at times! :no:

Talking about Afridi that you listed. From what I recall, Afridi was late on the ball. The deflection happened after the ball passed the bat, which can happen with roughed up ball on such a pitch. From a fair point of view, at a minimum a benefit of doubt should have gone to the batsman. But if you feel otherwise so be it.  

Article from 1999

I don’t know about you but have seen enough games in India to see the standard of umpiring where bad decisions result from either deliberate or through a lack of competence (and similarly in other countries)

Edited by zen
4 hours ago, zen said:

Pakistanis have always rated that out of jealousy and they have habit of switching their statements until they earn something out of india. Anyway I can see again an useless attempt to derail this thread by you . BTWPakistanis can feel whatever they want its not going to make any difference. I remember Akhtar saying kahe ka bhagwan and shaking leg statement and than again after seeing Indian INR switching to sachin se maar khana bhi kishmat ki baat hai. So no response for me any further as your sachin obsession is on another level and unfortunately I can't cure it.

Edited by raki05
6 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Pakistanis have always rated that out of jealousy and they have habit of switching their statements until they earn something out of india. Anyway I can see again an useless attempt to derail this thread by you . BTWPakistanis can feel whatever they want its not going to make any difference. I remember Akhtar saying kahe ka bhagwan and shaking leg statement and than again after seeing Indian INR switching to sachin se maar khana bhi kishmat ki baat hai. So no response for me any further as your sachin obsession is on another level and unfortunately I can't cure it.

You do realize that Pakistanis in Pak tooting horn of Imran, Inzi or whoever are similar to Indians in India getting unnecessarily obsessed over Tendulkar (esp. in trying to show he is the greatest). There is no big difference between the two groups :winky:

Methinks you guys are hyping him a bit too much regarding scoring runs everywhere, granted I never watch the padosis play any matches so maybe the stats are lying but nothing he has done so far suggest world beater in Tests:

Good batsman, but he hasn't done anything ground breaking

Career summary
GroupingAscending Span Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s  

in Australia 2016-2019 5 10 0 278 104 27.80 462 60.17 1 1 1 32 0 view innings
in England 2018-2020 2 3 1 142 69 71.00 246 57.72 0 2 0 21 0 view innings
in Ireland 2018-2018 1 2 0 73 59 36.50 139 52.51 0 1 0 11 0 view innings
in New Zealand 2016-2016 2 4 1 142 90* 47.33 308 46.10 0 1 0 16 0 view innings
in Pakistan 2019-2020 3 4 2 405 143 202.50 548 73.90 3 1 0 47 3 view innings
in South Africa 2018-2019 3 6 0 221 72 36.83 279 79.21 0 2 0 46 0 view innings
in U.A.E. 2016-2018 8 15 2 527 127* 40.53 1034 50.96 1 4 2 43 6 view innings
in West Indies 2017-2017 3 6 1 136 72 27.20 361 37.67 0 2 3 11 1 view innings