Mumbai Indians (The Wolves) 2020 Team Thread - Will take the desert by storm!

zen

9 hours ago, Laaloo said:

???

I had planned for today. I had arranged my work schedule accordingly and came home quite early. I cooked pasta, as an accompaniment to a good game.

Unfortunately we had visitors. My husband's aunt. Cousin aunt actually. She unexpectedly showed up with her husband. No call. No text. No warning. Nothing at all. And she stays less than two kms away and she turned up just today of all days. Maybe after a gap of 3 years. 

I missed almost all of the MI innings 'entertaining' her. Not just that. She ate the pasta and said that its not al dente. What the hell even? You come unannounced. Shamelessly eat food that is so obviously NOT cooked for you. And then you act all Gordon Ramsay on me.

What is worse that she feels it necessary to hold my hand and sit next to me when speaking with me. My voice can travel across the room. My vocal cords aren't connected to my palms. My palms needn't be pressed if you want me to talk. Where did this habit creep into our culture from?

2 hours of mindless yapping and 80% of pasta later, they left. I had to eat regular food from the day before. I could only watch the last 10-12 overs of RR batting. Which was worth nothing anyways!!

And these people are rich. And she gave us some really tacky wall clock for as a wedding gift; which I gave away inside 2 days. Another reason to totally detest her.

/end rant

At least we won. :mi: 

Top of the table.

Edited by Mariyam

19 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I had planned for today. I had arranged my work schedule accordingly and came home quite early. I cooked pasta, as an accompaniment to a good game.

Unfortunately we had visitors. My husband's aunt. Cousin aunt actually. She unexpectedly showed up with her husband. No call. No text. No warning. Nothing at all. And she stays less than two kms away and she turned up just today of all days. Maybe after a gap of 3 years. 

I missed almost all of the MI innings 'entertaining' her. Not just that. She ate the pasta and said that its not al dente. What the hell even? You come unannounced. Shamelessly eat food that is so obviously NOT cooked for you. And then you act all Gordon Ramsay on me.

What is worse that she feels it necessary to hold my hand and sit next to me when speaking with me. My voice can travel across the room. My vocal chords aren't connected to my palms. They needn't be pressed if you want me to talk. Where did this habit creep into our culture from?

2 hours of mindless yapping and 80% of pasta later, they left. I had to eat regular stuff. I could only watch the last 10-12 overs of RR batting. Which was worth nothing anyways!!

And these people are rich. And she gave us some really tacky wall clock for as a wedding gift; which I gave away inside 2 days. Another reason to totally detest her.

/end rant

Top of the table.

I would read your diary over your take on cricket any day (if that ever happens :phehe:

25 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

What is worse that she feels it necessary to hold my hand and sit next to me when speaking with me. My voice can travel across the room. My vocal chords aren't connected to my palms. They needn't be pressed if you want me to talk. Where did this habit creep into our culture from?

2 hours of mindless yapping and 80% of pasta later, they left. I had to eat regular stuff. I could only watch the last 10-12 overs of RR batting. Which was worth nothing anyways!!

/end rant

Top of the table.

Did you overcook your pasta? :phehe: been there done that. But if anyone tells me that, I would have told them to go make their own food.

41 minutes ago, maniac said:

I would read your diary over your take on cricket any day (if that ever happens :phehe:

I have a take on cricket?

35 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Did you overcook your pasta? :phehe: been there done that. But if anyone tells me that, I would have told them to go make their own food.

NO. 

34 minutes ago, maniac said:

@Mariyam your aunt probably had the guts to call it like it is, something your husband will probably  never be able to do :phehe:

:vroam:

NOT MY AUNT.

On 10/7/2020 at 12:41 AM, Laaloo said:

Do you cook it in olive oil? Generally that does it just fine.

Cooking it in wine/ til (sesame seed) oil also works with pasta. Any other oil and its easy to over cook.

Edited by Mariyam

4 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Do you cook it in olive oil? Generally that does it just fine.

Cooking it in wine/ til (sesame seed) oil also works with pasta. Any other oil and its easy to over cook.

Yes I used to cook it in olive oil. But pasta for me has always been beswad regardless of who cooks. I always end up putting a lot of cheese before eating it with lots of garlic bread :cantstop:

4 hours ago, Mariyam said:

What should be the line up against Delhi?

Maybe the management shouldn't tinker too much with the side. The current set up is working just fine.

Maybe, just maybe, McClenaghan/Malinga for Pattison?

Same team as it is. Why change a winning combination?