Varun C should be part of Australian tour

maniac

It's pathetic all you guys going after Varun C.

He is an absolute success story out of IPL. Probably the only one who came out of pure merit and not state politics.

He used to be a software engineer all his life and only through TNPL got a chance of a lifetime where he showed his skills and proved his worth. Imagine how many people like him would still be software engineers or working a day job to pay the bills if not for TNPL and IPL.  This is why he is 29 years old with no FC record.

Giving him a chance in all T20's will motivate so many other talented youngsters in India to give cricket a try.  I am sure if given the opportunity he will win us the T20 WC.

I doubt he will be useful in tests but there is no point throwing him to the wolves right away when Jadeja and Ashwin got a million opportunities to improve even with **** performances in overseas tests when a prime Amit Mishra was always waiting in the wings.

I am pretty sure Kohli or someone pushed for his selection in T20 who ever it is, I hope also push for more such youngsters to get an opportunity especially when they are fresh and top of their game rather than when they are already past their prime or figured out by everyone.

How about trying this guy in ODIs? His current list A record is fabulous 9 matches 22 wkts, econ 4 change and a 5 for ( although small sample)

What else do you need to pick when you have seen the spark?  does he need to play 50 list A games and do well to get picked? 

Edited by Vk1