Varun C should be part of Australian tour

maniac

5 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

mystery spinners dont last long ,get him in as quickly as possible.

agree. His shelf life will be short but use him in a critical series, if he wins a test in one of those SENA countries that will be enough contribution from him. I would say play him in Aus as he gets some bounce as well. 

15 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

i am more interested for the next t20 wc ,lets not expose him too much ,dont play him in odis/tests as it will allow batsmen to face enough balls from him till next t20 wc, just play t20s.

Yes very true, if they are unable to read him, he should be not exposed too much.

36 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

i am more interested for the next t20 wc ,lets not expose him too much ,dont play him in odis/tests as it will allow batsmen to face enough balls from him till next t20 wc, just play t20s.

By that time he wud have already played 2nd ipl where he ll be exposed more 

41 minutes ago, Serpico said:

I was going to say he is too early for T20Is but wow you guys are three steps ahead, directly calling for a test debut based on one ipl game

IPl is better quality cricket than T20I bar the WC which is also debatable.

Can't choose test squad based on performances in T20 games.

I think 4 of his 5 wickets today were when batsmen were trying to hit 6s off his bowling although he was bowling in good areas and not bowling loose balls. This is a compulsion in T20s.

This won't happen in tests. 

18 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I think 4 of his 5 wickets today were when batsmen were trying to hit 6s off his bowling although he was bowling in good areas and not bowling loose balls. This is a compulsion in T20s.

Actually, I would be tempted to play him in one test.If they can't read him they cannot play him. Ajanta mendis is prime example.

19 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Batsmen are having more difficulty in reading Yuz Chahal these days. 

Batsmen are getting out while defending.

That is ultimate victory for  spinner is getting wicket when batsmen are defending him. Chahal to me is too slow thru the air to be effective in tests.He is not tall either to get bounce. 

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Yes, Test match is different ball game where you dont need that much mystery to take wickets but you need to be consistently bowling in good areas. Hows his performance in Ranjis? 

13 minutes ago, putrevus said:

That is ultimate victory for  spinner is getting wicket when batsmen are defending him. Chahal to me is too slow thru the air to be effective in tests.He is not tall either to get bounce. 

Chahal gets good zip off the deck and is not that slow through the air. 

Medium speed through the air for a spinner and turn both ways with zip off the deck  ... that is ideal for test matches 

4 minutes ago, urbestfriend said:

Yes, Test match is different ball game where you dont need that much mystery to take wickets but you need to be consistently bowling in good areas. Hows his performance in Ranjis? 

Chakravarty has played just 1 FC match and taken just 1 wicket. 

And he is a 29 year old.

Edited by express bowling

3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Man wish we had posters showing same bravery for requesting fast tracking a fast bowler than a spinner.

need to fast track Saini and Siraj in tests as well.

Lot or vacancies with Bhuvi injured and potentially done and Ishant being injured as well.

Lets not forget while Bumrah is world class, he has been around only for 1-2 seasons and still has a long way to go.

Umesh is hit or miss.

Shami has improved a lot though and I might go as far and call him the spearhead in the absence of Ishant.

8 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Exactly lol at the idea of  test match

out of the box ka kya ho gaya?

Also it was well thought out.

We need a surprise to pull of a repeat of 2018 and don’t think we will be able to do it with a team struggling with injuries, loss of form etc against a team that has Warner, Smith and an ever evolving Labu