What is the logic behind having the finals on a Tuesday?

maniac

One of the biggest cricket tournaments in the world. Intense contests, great scheduling and production values, lot of viewers but the final is scheduled on a Tuesday?

I know it is scheduled primarily targeting Indian audiences and the games start in the evening but still it is stupid to have the grand finale of the biggest tournament in the world on a week day :facepalm:

On 11/4/2020 at 7:09 PM, maniac said:

One of the biggest cricket tournaments in the world. Intense contests, great scheduling and production values, lot of viewers but the final is scheduled on a Tuesday?

I know it is scheduled primarily targeting Indian audiences and the games start in the evening but still it is stupid to have the grand finale of the biggest tournament in the world on a week day :facepalm:

Strange really.

Also it's my mom's birthday so I am likely to miss most of the game. :cry1:

1 minute ago, maniac said:

that’s fine but still doesn’t explain the IPL scheduling 

tuesdays are the best days to decide the contest if we go by Vedic astrology :dontknow:

ever wars are scheduled on Tuesday be it north or south 

Does it make a difference?

no crowd at the ground....many working from home anyways. Those who are going to office can watch the game from 8 to 12pm...

On friday sat  sunday maybe the ipl if competing with many sporting events across the globe. 

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Why is one true God a he? And not she or it

I was trolling there.

Anyways, the theological answer here would be that in the holy scripture 'he' refers to himself as 'he'. That is how he spoke about himself in his revelations.

AFAIK, Arabic has no 'it' from the point of view of gender. 

This year since the schedules were made with sooooo many other considerations in mind, and they didn't get time to really sit down and weigh out all options, the sponsors/channels probably wanted it to happen one way or another, without thinking of specifics like teh day of the week. They also had to fit it inside the timeframe of the World t20. As someone mentioned, there is also no in person attendance this year, and in gulf countries, the weekends are Fridays/Saturdays too, not sure the exact reasons honestly