Food thread

coffee_rules

18 hours ago, velu said:

visited mysore last week .. while returning back to bangalore tried fish     @ poojaris fish land ( Mangalorean style i think ) 

there is another fish land inside Mysore city limits 

mostly i take only fries wen comes to fish .. fish fries are really awesome and my friend liked their prawns as well

very inexpensive when compared to Bangalore  .. hotel is super clean , and their toilet/rest rooms are like 4 star hotel level clean 

they serve alcohol as well .. its a huge restaurant 

@coffee_rules  @diga @jusarrived  dont miss this

poojaris-fish-land-mysore-ho-mysore-rest

poojari-fish-land.jpg

photo6jpg.jpg

106.jpg

There are some great joints on the road to Mysore.

A lot of Bidadi thatte (plate) idli joints

Adigas near Maddur has great South Indian food and the very famous Maddur vade.

Within Mysore,

For NonVeg there is a legadary Hotel Hanumanthu , very famous for its Pulav/Biryani, Hotel RRR Andhra style , had some great chicken fry when I used to eat meat .

Gayathri Tiffin Room and Vinayaka Mylari are for Veg , South Indian breakfast items. Delicious Dosa Idli . Makes me nostalgic. 

Edited by coffee_rules

This article is about breakfast foods from around the world.  There's a multitude of breakfasts there, but not a single mention of India.  Really? 

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/breakfast-food-around-the-world/index.html

From the idli vaday to dosay to chow chow baath in Bengaluru alone; pohay and sabudana khichdi; dhokla and jalebi; radha ballavi - and I haven't even bloody scratched the surface here - I think the writer started to look at Indian breakfasts and 5 hours later was so overwhelmed with the sheer variety and tastes of Indian breakfasts, they just ran from writing about it. 

BTW, on that NRI-belonging thread - other than close family (sometimes even more than close family) the thing I truly miss about living in Bengaluru is morning thinDi.  Frequently, driving to work here in the US, I dream that a random Mr. Adiga opened a darshini where I can stop and eat fluffy idlis and crisp vadays at 7 am.

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

8 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

This article is about breakfast foods from around the world.  There's a multitude of breakfasts there, but not a single mention of India.  Really? 

From the idli vaday to dosay to chow chow baath in Bengaluru alone; pohay and sabudana khichdi; dhokla and jalebi; radha ballavi - and I haven't even bloody scratched the surface here - I think the writer started to look at Indian breakfasts and 5 hours later was so overwhelmed with the sheer variety and tastes of Indian breakfasts, they just ran from writing about it. 

BTW, on that NRI-belonging thread - other than close family (sometimes even more than close family) the thing I truly miss about living in Bengaluru is morning thinDi.  Frequently, driving to work here in the US, I dream that a random Mr. Adiga opened a darshini where I can stop and eat fluffy idlis and crisp vadays at 7 am.

It's CNN - what do you expect? Non-negative news about India? 

24 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Parathas for Breakfast is meh. 

My fav akki rotti

2616473.jpg&w=375&h=375&c=sc&poi=face&q=

That's not a paratha.. it's a besan chilla. Had it at the airport lounge in Blr. Comes out really well at home. Prefer it to plain dosa - although can't beat a Blr Butter Masala  or Mysore Masala or a Onion Rava Masala (basically anything with masala and podi or garlic chutney)

49 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Didn’t know what Radhaballavi was. Have eaten them without knowing its name. Ok Besan chilla for dinner today.

My favorite breakfast is a super ghee pongal with sambhar and chutney Tamil Nadu style. Blr unfortunately is not too good at it. The pongal is too dry here. Still masala dosa makes up for it and more. Next time you guys are in Blr check out Rameshwaram Cafe in Indiranagar (they have it in Jayanagar also but not as good). Their food is outstanding. No sitting - but lines almost 100 mtrs long everyday. 

1 hour ago, bharathh said:

My favorite breakfast is a super ghee pongal with sambhar and chutney Tamil Nadu style. Blr unfortunately is not too good at it. The pongal is too dry here. Still masala dosa makes up for it and more. Next time you guys are in Blr check out Rameshwaram Cafe in Indiranagar (they have it in Jayanagar also but not as good). Their food is outstanding. No sitting - but lines almost 100 mtrs long everyday. 

Ah! Reminded me of this rant by a progressive about Rameshwaram cafe. Lol!