'Delhi Chalo' movement/farmers protest

speedheat

6 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

The bottom line is when you pass laws please involve people who it affects. Do not rush them and ram it down their throats.

I am a practical person and I do understand Punjab is due for a change but it has to be phased in rather than shoved.

30 minutes ago, Khota said:

This is how some (not all) in BJP work. They don't like a group and they demean them. Next they demean their language and then their culture. Not all but some in BJP want everyone to speak hindi also. I can speak hindi very well but of my free choice.

Everything that makes India great, they are against it.

A peaceful protest to show the income disparity for farmers has turned into that human life is irrelevant arguement.

Right from Kashmir to Kerala and Arunachal Pardesh to Punjab all states are equally important. Their people are equally important and culture and language is equally important.

There are some hate mongers in this thread.

Bjp is the true inclusive party of India. 

Bad language imho...if Punjab is irrelevant then so is TN who doesn't vote for national parties plus many anti hindi and anti hindu over there.

And so is Maharashtra, who elects haters of non-marathi people i.e. shiv sena. (Opinion polls say that shiv sena CM is  amongst the most popular ones in India right now)

Punjab is as important as any  state in India.

Also, I have high hopes of bjp doing very well without akalis whenever the next elections happen.
Maharashtra people voted for BJP,not Sena.You shall see the results the next election.Sena will be irrelevant just like MNS

The other day, iirc that idiot [mention=14415]Yoda-esque[/mention] said something to the effect '12 baj gaye inke' someone mentioned santa banta jokes....these idiots should know that Sikhs and Hindus are essentially one people and brothers. It is shameful to read such comments from people who call themselves Hindus.

Arre Bhai, KKHH mein bhi aisa scene hai..why are you blaming me for this collective dissonance?

25 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

Arre Bhai, KKHH mein bhi aisa scene hai..why are you blaming me for this collective dissonance?

Correct me if I am wrong, yours was one of the first such posts in this thread. But yeah it's been happening from both sides...

Sorry, I also thought I came a bit too harsh (or as you alluded -over-dramatic).

19 hours ago, Under_Score said:

What about your Arnab who rejoiced the "Phulwama attack' that resulted in deaths of 40 brave Jawans. He said "We won Big'  ........TRP leech...Shame!!

No big deal. Every journalist does that. This does not negate the fact that he is hardcore nationalist. Even Pakistanis hate him. Look at Imran Khan's tweets for proof. Pulwama attack was politicised by many Politicians too that time no one bothered to bark. Hypocrisy at it's best. Arnab is the best. Republic will always be no. 1.

Edited by PKMKB_PKMKB

No big deal. Every journalist does that. This does not negate the fact that he is hardcore nationalist. Even Pakistanis hate him. Look at Imran Khan's tweets for proof. Pulwama attack was politicised by many Politicians too that time no one bothered to bark. Hypocrisy at it's best. Arnab is the best. Republic will always be no. 1.
Always.

10 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Bad language imho...if Punjab is irrelevant then so is TN who doesn't vote for national parties plus many anti hindi and anti hindu over there.

And so is Maharashtra, who elects haters of non-marathi people i.e. shiv sena. (Opinion polls say that shiv sena CM is  amongst the most popular ones in India right now)

Punjab is as important as any  state in India.

Also, I have high hopes of bjp doing very well without akalis whenever the next elections happen.

I don’t care for political correctness. They don’t wield power over 28 other states. 

As far as the word « irrelevant » goes, ofcourse it’s contextual. It’s like saying CPI M is irrelevant to policy making. It’s just factually true. Doesn’t mean they don’t matter. It’s just that they cannot coerce policy makers anymore. 

Few people in Punjab cannot determine the course of this country. 

1 hour ago, Under_Score said:

Totally agree, also regardless of the outcome of this Farmers protest, Punjab & Haryana should focus away from same old Paddy & Wheat since there's enough of that being grown in UP, MP & Bengal. It's about time to completely change farming in a way that Corporate vultures don't try to control them in the future.  Punjab & Haryana should switch over to pulses, oilseeds, fruits and vegetables in place of the traditional wheat-paddy cycle that is no longer remunerative for farmers and has also dried up the groundwater resources.

After hundreds of posts I actually agree with you- farmers in North India need to do away from rice and wheat and diversify their crops. New farming methods and infrastructure needs to be put in place. But the question is, how will it be funded? R&D has a poor track record of being properly funded by the state. Look at DRDO.. its been 40 years yet they still have not managed to fully induct the Tejas in the airforce. 

If wheat and paddy growth is not reduced in Punjab, there will be no ground water left to grow anything else.

3 hours ago, Under_Score said:

Totally agree, also regardless of the outcome of this Farmers protest, Punjab & Haryana should focus away from same old Paddy & Wheat since there's enough of that being grown in UP, MP & Bengal. It's about time to completely change farming in a way that Corporate vultures don't try to control them in the future.  Punjab & Haryana should switch over to pulses, oilseeds, fruits and vegetables in place of the traditional wheat-paddy cycle that is no longer remunerative for farmers and has also dried up the groundwater resources.

Very good post. Folks over here miss the point that these laws were rushed thru without any input from the farmers. These changes need to be gradually integrated.

2 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

After hundreds of posts I actually agree with you- farmers in North India need to do away from rice and wheat and diversify their crops. New farming methods and infrastructure needs to be put in place. But the question is, how will it be funded? R&D has a poor track record of being properly funded by the state. Look at DRDO.. its been 40 years yet they still have not managed to fully induct the Tejas in the airforce. 

If wheat and paddy growth is not reduced in Punjab, there will be no ground water left to grow anything else.

Forget about Tejas they cannot make a rifle. Those have to be imported too. Why should DRDO employees have hefty salaries with pensions when they cannot even make a rifle. Atleast farmers are competitive and have made India self reliant.

Making Tejas completely Indian is a pipe dream. They will not achieve that for next thirty years. Meanwhile these babus will collect salary and pensions and go home about farmer making 10,000 pm. Bunch of hypocrites.

2 minutes ago, Khota said:

Very good post. Folks over here miss the point that these laws were rushed thru without any input from the farmers. These changes need to be gradually integrated.

No.

The entire job of the elected legislative assembly is to pass laws efficiently. Not take 5 years to pass them and do consultations. Consultation is a luxury- not a right. 

Just now, Khota said:

Forget about Tejas they cannot make a rifle. Those have to be imported too. Why should DRDO employees have hefty salaries with pensions when they cannot even make a rifle. Atleast farmers are competitive and have made India self reliant.

Making Tejas completely Indian is a pipe dream. They will not achieve that for next thirty years. Meanwhile these babus will collect salary and pensions and go home about farmer making 10,000 pm. Bunch of hypocrites.

Because an engineer is worth more than a gardener.

10 minutes ago, Khota said:

so everybody gets a veto power, every law will not have 100 % consensus, but acceptable to a moral majority. We could not have passed Triple Talak by talking and asking Muslim men for approval. Same here PH farmers are 6% of farmer population taking adv of MSP. They better fall in line with rest of the 580 unions approving the bill and comprise

38 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Because an engineer is worth more than a gardener.

Engineer who works like an engineer. Not the one in PSU/DRDO who work like car mechanics. Actually car mechanics know more about engineering than some of these guys.

41 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

No.

The entire job of the elected legislative assembly is to pass laws efficiently. Not take 5 years to pass them and do consultations. Consultation is a luxury- not a right. 

Not pass in the middle of an epidemic either. Get some consensus.

29 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

so everybody gets a veto power, every law will not have 100 % consensus, but acceptable to a moral majority. We could not have passed Triple Talak by talking and asking Muslim men for approval. Same here PH farmers are 6% of farmer population taking adv of MSP. They better fall in line with rest of the 580 unions approving the bill and comprise

No the majority still decides. But it is legislative not authoritarianism.