The next big challenge coming up for Indian democracy. Number of lok sabha seats

Vilander

6 hours ago, Khota said:

This is tough one. People who are more educated will lose representation.

The supposed more educated ones will continue to elect dynasts and actors (now rajnikant and Kamal Hasan) as leaders. 

More older people remained illiterate, almost every kid goes to school today...

Youth literacy rates (age 15-24) in india ...in year 2018, it was 91.3%

DATE VALUE CHANGE, %
2015 89.7 4.09 %
2011 86.1 6.18 %
2006 81.1 6.16 %
2001 76.4 23.47 %
1991 61.9 15.09 %
1981 53.8
Edited by randomGuy

2 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

The supposed more educated ones will continue to elect film dynasts and actors (now rajnikant and Kamal Hasan) as leaders. 

DATE VALUE CHANGE, %
2015 89.7 4.09 %
2011 86.1 6.18 %
2006 81.1 6.16 %
2001 76.4 23.47 %
1991 61.9 15.09 %
1981 53.8

I like Rajnikanth and Kamal Hasan. But you are right these guys need to stick to acting rather than politics.

The almost 90% literacy rate will pay dividend in 15 years when they will have few kids. Right now it is bad and every problem in India can be traced back to population.

2 hours ago, Vilander said:

well right back at ya, fcuk your self with a cactus uncle.. and watchout for your BP lulz.

Why the BP, I was actually thinking if I should be sad for telling you the truth, about your asymmetric distorted ugly/strange peoples.

'cause normally, people wouldn't want to offend anyone hence people wouldn't tell you how your folks look. Although we know it and you know it.

4 minutes ago, Khota said:

I like Rajnikanth and Kamal Hasan. But you are right these guys need to stick to acting rather than politics.

The almost 90% literacy rate will pay dividend in 15 years when they will have few kids. Right now it is bad and every problem in India can be traced back to population.

Even dmk party is dynastic... leaving aside the anti-national twisted agenda of theirs. 

I am sure you will have 2,1 or 0 total babies in future... and likewise for youth of Bihar UP etc. This fertility rate is an issue of the past and no longer relevant.

3 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Even dmk party is dynastic... leaving aside the anti-national twisted agenda of theirs. 

I am sure you will have 2,1 or 0 total babies in future... and likewise for youth of Bihar UP etc. This fertility rate is an issue of the past and no longer relevant.

Among my classmates no one has three and most have one.

4 minutes ago, Khota said:

Among my classmates no one has three and most have one.

Imagine for 2 people (1 husband and 1 wife) they have 1 baby, Population will actually half for this segment...Fertility rate is no longer relevant, is an issue for hateful idiots of TN like the idiot who made this thread.

15 hours ago, Vilander said:

this is a loaded statement. People vote for representatives that they feel represent them well. lol you cant question a peoples choice, its their democratic choice. 

If you want influence for yoyr state in the national context, then you should vote for a party that has the government at central. 

Say Karnataka is sufficiently communalized to have anti Muslim votebank and  anti Tamil votebank or anti maharastra votebank etc., say they will vote for bjp as they hate Muslims say they will vote for anyone that says Kaveri namadhe etc or burn bus' belonging to KPN yada yada. now that's an unfortunate realty for Karnataka

Now you are full-on troll mode. BJP coming to power is not because of communalization of vote. Kar was one of the first state to flip from strong Congress mode of IG era. It was always voting for clean government. Pro-karnataka issues will always be there, just like Tamil Makkal. It's not an exception. BJP has been present since 1980. With the coalitiion govt in 1996 failing, Kar has gone behind Vajpayee in the 2000s and now behind Modi, for cleaner govt.  Muslim is not a huge vote bank in Kar. It is in pockets to influence Muslim hate to win elections.  

issue is; a union was created based on representation at a point in time, nation was built everyone worked - economy was built - policies made population controlled - lol while some controlled some made merry - in the name of representation ( but more because of swing state convenience) central govt cant really take away lok sabha seats from states that implemented policy and give it to folks that failed to implement it just because they did. That's rewarding bad behavior. 

Splitting some of the larger states to smaller states might help curb monopoly of seats in one region.

14 hours ago, randomGuy said:

The supposed more educated ones will continue to elect dynasts and actors (now rajnikant and Kamal Hasan) as leaders. 

DATE VALUE CHANGE, %
2015 89.7 4.09 %
2011 86.1 6.18 %
2006 81.1 6.16 %
2001 76.4 23.47 %
1991 61.9 15.09 %
1981 53.8

again 

election of actors disproportionally while a problem in TN is not reason enough to take away representation from TN. Bihar/MP/Raj/UP ( i am not using that acronym to be sensitive to your angst here)  did not control population and should not be rewarded with more national level influence because of that. 

Its principally wrong. 

14 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Even dmk party is dynastic

Dmk is dynastic. ADMK is not. PMK is dynastic.

Bjp/Congress in TN are also rans no leadership. 

Rajini/Kamal are also rans rajini is a joke till recently ( but his new party lol) the number of times he has asked his 'followers' if he should enter politics lol. 

But he is poaching BJP in the state. Ra Arjunamurty BJP president and then there is tamilaruvi manian ( a sort of journey man who jumps) he was with far right Viko group. 

Its quite a complex setup wonder how it will go. but rajini looks like state right wing.

@velu @Real McCoy

22 hours ago, Vilander said:

Dmk is dynastic. ADMK is not. PMK is dynastic.

Bjp/Congress in TN are also rans no leadership. 

Rajini/Kamal are also rans rajini is a joke till recently ( but his new party lol) the number of times he has asked his 'followers' if he should enter politics lol. 

But he is poaching BJP in the state. Ra Arjunamurty BJP president and then there is tamilaruvi manian ( a sort of journey man who jumps) he was with far right Viko group. 

Its quite a complex setup wonder how it will go. but rajini looks like state right wing.

@velu @Real McCoy

Most people are fed up with dmk and admk but there is no respite. this is how tn politics works. poor people are happy with handouts and rich people are in bed with these parties for mutual benefit. Its the middle class that is getting shafted. Some people like my friend who doesnt like both parties voted for Kamal in the general election. Such is the state of literate people making uninformed decisions. What is the problem you might ask? There is a strong minority votebank for DMK. The minorities such as muslims and evangelist christians in TN don't vote for congress directly but for DMK. Voting for congress will dilute the power of DMK thereby helping ADMK and BJP by association. Congress knows this and didnt even contest in some constituencies.

Its always between ADMK/DMK. other parties like PMK MDMK VCK CPI CPIM are nothing but symbiotic creatures who align with one of these two big dogs (calling them big dogs is not an insult. Just a phrase meaning they are powerful. DMK/ADMK supporters, dont lash out at me a la randomguy :winky:). Same is the case for BJP Congress in TN politics. So my friend by voting for Kamal actually helped DMK in a weird way as my other minority friend always voted for DMK. Kamal/Rajini is seen by some as soft entry of Congress and BJP to infiltrate the tn system and break the stranglehold of DMK/ADMK. That's why it wont work. Also Rajini is totally unsuited for politics and people are wise enough today to not vote for actor turned politicians of today. If MGR was born in this era, he would face the same consequence.

For BJP and Congress who operate at national level must align with these two parties in TN politics to make it count. Right now, ADMK is seen as a chamcha of BJP and there is a high likelihood of DMK winning the state elections. Tough times ahead as its in opposition to the party that is ruling in the centre. The politicians will be safe while the people will suffer. I don't know if this DMK/ADMK stranglehold is a blessing or curse for TN. It keeps TN away from central influence but also protects Indians from a bipolar elections like the US/UK where everything is always either left or right. Sometimes I feel having these regional parties keeps us in a safer spot. randomguy you should say thanks to TN for keeping our country and its leaders honest :--D

ADMK is not dynastic because JJ controlled it like an authoritarian ruler. She did not delegate anything down due to lack of trust and this created only chamchas with everyone falling down to her feet to be in her good books :lol: So its not the fault of the people to see them as chamchas now of BJP even if that may not be the case. The old guards have changed and now stalin appears to be "more solid" than EPS or OPS due to him being a mayor of Chennai 20 years ago despite his goof ups. EPS appears to be trying to win favor but its all perception of the people that wins the vote. Interesting times. velu will have a better idea than me