Australia A vs India ¦ 2nd practice match! December 11! SYDNEY

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

I am afraid Shaw might continue with his 0(1) if he gets selected because of this practice game ahead of Gill and KL Rahul. This is a deliberate mediocre bowling from Australia.

Rahul will open, playing mayank, gill and shaw today was to identify who is the second. At this point i would go with Mayank despite him not scored much. One of saini or siraj will be 3rd seamer with Ashwin lone spinner. 

10 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Rahul will open, playing mayank, gill and shaw today was to identify who is the second. At this point i would go with Mayank despite him not scored much. One of saini or siraj will be 3rd seamer with Ashwin lone spinner. 

Rahul is a back-up. They're not going to start the series with an opener who hasn't played redball cricket in 18 months. It'll be Mayank with gill/shaw

Just now, jf1gp_1 said:

If that were the case then Rahul would have been playing today. None who are confirmed in playing XI like Pujara, Virat, Rahul, Bumrah, Sami, Ashwin are playing today.  

Nah, Rahul won't play in the first match and that is why they aren't playing him in this match. 

Of course Rahul will be a part of the eleven from 2nd match onwards and will probably bat at number 4.

4 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

If that were the case then Rahul would have been playing today. None who are confirmed in playing XI like Pujara, Virat, Rahul, Bumrah, Sami, Ashwin are playing today.  

Bumrah and Shami are playing. 

Rahane is playing too.

Pujara and Ashwin played the last match.

Kohli rarely plays practice matches.

I don't think Rahul will play the first test.

Edited by express bowling
7 minutes ago, Serpico said:

Rahul is a back-up. They're not going to start the series with an opener who hasn't played redball cricket in 18 months. It'll be Mayank with gill/shaw

How can Rahul be dropped for one of Mayank/Shaw or Gill. Like others even his last red ball cricket was in mar '20.