Will Ishant Sharma get to 500 Test wickets?

2 hours ago, mancalledsting said:

His early career was ruined by over bowling him in ODIs, t20s early on and placing too much expectation on him followed WACA spell to Ponting. Then there was MSD’s test captaincy. Had he walked into a today type set up from day 1 I’m sure he’d be closely player to McGrath India ever produced (although not as good as that guy)

Lol the closest thing to mcgrath is bumrah not ishant. ishant gives me the spoilt child look. he was criticized by wasim akram then coach of KKR that he didnt want to practice in the heat :lol: i know msd is the punching bag for most but ishant's problem is ishant himself. msd continued to play ishant despite failing continuously and he was the worst bowler to have played 50 tests. Lot of it was blamed on his lack of luck and msd but it was him. even you were not sure when you compared with mcgrath :laugh:

14 hours ago, mancalledsting said:

His early career was ruined by over bowling him in ODIs, t20s early on and placing too much expectation on him followed WACA spell to Ponting. 

He was given bad advice from seniors at that time. Here is what he said:

"From the beginning, people started calling me 'workhorse'. So seniors at that time would tell me that you need to bowl 20 overs, if you even give 60 runs, you will still end up getting three wickets. So you bowl back of length deliveries and batsmen start leaving those till they get set, and then come back to attack you.

"Your job is to get batsmen out whenever you can. I was not experienced enough earlier, but now I am professional and I know my job."

The workhorse work-giraffe of the team for so many years. 

He is an example of a player that the Indian coaching ranks failed to develop. It took him 1 county season to become a match-winner overseas for India. Why are Indian bowling coaches so incompetent?

To answer the question, I don't think he will play many games at home going forward, so he won't get too much higher. 400 seems to be a reasonable amount of wickets to end up with for him. 

This guy playing 100 tests is indictment on India' lack of good seamers for major part. He played these many years only because of Dhoni, who consistently backed him over guys like Umesh. He has started bowling like what we expect from a international pro in last few years. These are kinds of luxuries you get in teams which lack good lineup of fast bowlers, something which India has hopefully moved on from now. When he refused acknowledging himself as the leader of the bowling attack underlined the inherent mediocrity of Ishant Sharma. 

To his credit, he has remained fit for most part and therein lies his biggest strength.