IPL team 2021 reviews

So ill be doing a small review - once we reach near the tournament will do a more detail one since their wud be few more changes with injuries and replacements .

Lets Start with Champions MI 

EuiGcrQWgAglcgK?format=jpg&name=large

1.  Rohit 
  2. De kock
  3. Sky 
  4. Kishen 
  5. Pollard
  6. Hardik
  7. Krunal 
  8. Rahul chahar
  9. Bumrah
  10. Boult
  11. Adam milne/ NCN

Dont need to talk about their strength much since its known and seen. 

Weakness- If milne or NCN doesnt come good and hardik doesnt bowl much .....their is an area that can be exploited. Lack of off spinner has always made them vulnerable against lefties in middle overs. So its not a perfect side.

Will be keenly looking at their youngsters videos in next few days 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

EuibvQ4XMAor5-T?format=jpg&name=large

1. Gill 
  2. Rana
  3. Shakib 
  4. Morgan
  5. Russell
  6. DK 
  7. Nair /Tripathi / rinku (But nair n Tripathi can bat up only so Rana might be pushed down)
  8. Cummins/Lockie
  9. Mavi
  10. Krishna
  11. Varun. C

Not at all a bad side

• Problems Last yr were top order instability which is why they plan to make shakib bat up .
  • Also DK has to be used as finisher, DK the finisher will win them few games on his own. 
  • A lot depends on Russell fitness, if he is bowling nothing like it 
  • Nitish rana has to many issues but what works for him is his intent but the batting weakness still do exist. 
  • A lot wud depend on how young Indian seamers perform - showing spark n being decent also isnt just enough to win a tournament
  • Varun. C will have his second season test - when teams figure a player out so lets see how it goes. Good they have bhajji as backup
  • Gill has to improve his S/R
  • they need to move on from narine , i think they wud also. Shakib looks to be in plans for their top order 

Euh5gF8WgAI50wL?format=jpg&name=large

1. Warner
  2. Saha
  3. Manish pandey
  4. Williamson
  5. Vijay shankar ( since he loves getting injured they can go to others when needed)
  6. Samad
  7. Abhishek sharma 
  8. Rashid 
  9. Mujeeb / Holder 
  10. Natrajan
  11. Bhuvi 

Now their 3 overseas wud be Warner , Williamson and Rashid 

4th can be acc to need

You want batting heavy - Bairstrow

Bowling heavy - Mujeeb

All rounder- Holder/ Nabi

• Ideally i wud want abhishek to open but Saha cannot bat anywhere , manish becomes ineffective below 3
  • A lot depend how they use Samad- he has to be used better
  • Jadhav is a good back specially now that  he striked form in SMA, but i hope they dont ignore abhishek or samad for him
  • On slow wkts - Mujeeb , rashid , nattu can be a nightmare for opposition add someone like Kaul and sandeep even bhuvi 

As always they ll punch above their weight . 

RCB shud take a not on how to build a team from them

EuiV6xpWYAsadeD?format=jpg&name=large

Well done at the auctions .

They had 2 concerns - support to archer and middle order, they have addressed one and middle order options werent avl in indian players so good job

1.  Butler 
  2. Jaiswal/Manan
  3. Samson
  4. Stokes
  5. Parag
  6. Shivam dube / Rawat/ Lomror 
  7. Tewatia
  8. Archer
  9. Morris 
  10. Gopal 
  11. Tyagi 

• As much as i want Stokes and butler to open, they dont have any solidity in middle specially with Samson being inconsistent 
  • Hopefully they use dube better unlike RCB. Trick is simple to use dube u see an avg bowler send him out he ll get u 10-15 bowl 30+ and that can change the game
  • Samson shud not change his batting order, 3 is best for him stay there
  • Archer, Morris, Tyagi thats an excellent attack at death . Morris is good with new ball to so he n archer wud be good at start . If morris isnt fit well Fiz is a great option 
  • 2nd season test for Tewatia , even though he has played before but now teams will come up with a plan against him 
  • Riyan parag form can be the key, terrific talent he is 

I like this team

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

EuiDZ7MXcAA_MEA?format=jpg&name=large

Great work at Auction i must say 

1. Rahul 
  2. Mayank 
  3. Malan
  4. Pooran
  5. Mandeep/Sarfraz/ Shahrukh/ Hooda/ Prabhsimran
  6. Mandeep/Sarfraz/ Shahrukh/ Hooda/ Prabhsimran
  7. Chris Jordan/ Fabien Allen/ Meredith 
  8. Shami
  9. M Ashwin
  10. Bishnoi 
  11. Jhye Richardson 

• If Malan Struggles they have gayle
  • Jhye is an excellent pick , Malan n Fabien allen are a steal 
  • Lack of Indian all rounder is a concern
  • Mandeep/Sarfraz/ Shahrukh/ Hooda/ Prabhsimran- among them 2-3 needs to come good
  • KL has to bat like KL not Rahane 
  • Bishnoi will face 2nd season test 
  • They can also make a bowling heavy side and be a nightmare of an opposition when it comes to 120 kind of totals 

EuiN0NVXMAEE83S?format=jpg&name=large

Kya Mast hagga hai Auction men, they have taken a huge risk and if it doesnt come off they ll get a golden spoon. With kohli Risk never works anyways 

ALSO HOW THE F**KKKK Do u RELEASE MOEEN ALI AND MORRIS:whack:

My XI

1. Devdutt
  2. Sundar
  3. Kohli 
  4. ABDV
  5. Maxwell
  6. Jamieson 
  7. Sams
  8. Harshal patel
  9. Saini
  10. Siraj
  11. Chahal 

• Saini has to come good or else they are screwed in death 
  • Sams, Harshal , Siraj on a flat deck will travel and keep travelling 
  • Sundar has to open, dont waste him in middle 
  • Devdutt 2nd season test begins
  • If maxwell doesnt work - well well well 
  • Not playing regular cricket always puts ABDV under risk and he has to keep as well 
  • Lower middle order is quite decent actually 
  • Who spends 4 cr on Dan christian ????
  • Only overseas fast bowler is Kane richardson, they better be playing on slow wkts . (kumble shud tell KSCA to prepare Pattas just to screw with them) 

Front runner for wooden spoon

If Gayle is fit, it would be difficult to leave him out.  A bit of a headache for the management.  

Also think Prabhsimran has potential esp in the PP.  Does try to overpower it at times so can get the timing wrong but a wildcard punt I'd play.

Nice reviews btw. :nice:

Edited by vice

Euh5hM1XIAUVXi8?format=jpg&name=large

1. Dhawan
  2. Shaw 
  3. Pant 
  4. Stonis 
  5. Hetymer/ Billings
  6. Iyer
  7. Axar Patell
  8. Ashwin 
  9. Nortje
  10. Rabada
  11. Mishra/ Ishant

Plan B  - Play Woakes or Tom curran rather Hetymer but their arent many Indian batting options 

1.  Ripal and Lalit yadav are good hitter that can be used as surprise package
  2. If DC wants to win their is no way that iyer can bat ahead of Pant . Pant is their best batsman by a margin so dont waste him. If they go for hetymer even he has to bat above iyer
  3. Smith wont be in my starting XI 
  4. Smith, Rahane , Iyer - good side for 120-140 totals 
  5. If shaw doesnt come good its a problem but they can make smith open
  6. Billings is a good buy, plays spin well and good at 5-7
  7. If they loose Nortje n Rabada for few games that might be a problem
  8. Rabada loosing steam by the end of tournament needs to be looked at 
  9. 5 man attack is solid but if like last yr they loose 1-2 , it opens up the gate

6 minutes ago, vice said:

If Gayle is fit, it would be difficult to leave him out.  A bit of a headache for the management.  

Also think Prabhsimran has potential esp in the PP.  Does try to overpower it at times so can get the timing wrong but a wildcard punt I'd play.

Nice reviews btw. :nice:

they have been leaving gayle out, he cant give u full tournament at this age. Also if u keep gayle out for few games he gets charged up . 

Last but not least CSK 

EuiRhpBXMAwMv88?format=jpg&name=large

Not bad job at auction , Pujara was a surprise hope they have a plan to use him and its just not charity. They did go for some indian domestic players this time 

My XI

1. Faf
  2. Ruturaj 
  3. Jaddu
  4. Rayudu
  5. Moeen ali 
  6. Raina 
  7. Sam curran
  8. Dhoni ( he hasnt been playing any competitve cricket so thats where he shud bat)
  9. Thakur/Karn sharma
  10. Deepak Chahar
  11. Ngidi / Hazelwood

They can also make Rayudu open and play tahir ahead of faf but rayudu against pace can be scary. Or play Uthappa drop one among Rayudu or Raina and tahir can be played

• They have many options not great one though
  • Jaddu the batsman have to be used better n up the order
  • Dnt fall for that bravo trap, this is where things went wrong last yr. One among Ngidi or Hazelwood shud play or atleast Tahir
  • depth in batting n bowling
  • Moeen ali finally gives them some firepower
  • A lot depend on Raina form and he has declined very badly
  • Dhoni not playing competitve cricket doesnt help either
  • Another team who can lethal with 120 kind of totals. 
  • Ruturaj, Faf, Moeen, Jaddu, Curran has to take batting on their shoulder

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
44 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Kya Mast hagga hai Auction men, they have taken a huge risk and if it doesnt come off they ll get a golden spoon. With kohli Risk never works anyways 

My XI

1. Devdutt
  2. Sundar
  3. Kohli 
  4. ABDV
  5. Maxwell
  6. Jamieson 
  7. Sams
  8. Harshal patel
  9. Saini
  10. Siraj
  11. Chahal 

• Not playing regular cricket always puts ABDV under risk and he has to keep as well 
  • Only overseas fast bowler is Kane richardson, they better be playing on slow wkts . (kumble shud tell KSCA to prepare Pattas just to screw with them) 

Rcb team balance better than last time.

Dev

Azahar

Kohli

Abd

Maxi

Sundar

Dani/sams/kane

Kyle

Saini

Siraj

Chahal

7 bowling options and depth in batting. I think this year rcb performance will be good. 

59 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

My XI

1. Devdutt
  2. Sundar
  3. Kohli 
  4. ABDV
  5. Maxwell
  6. Jamieson 
  7. Sams
  8. Harshal patel
  9. Saini
  10. Siraj
  11. Chahal 

Rcb should go with 2 indian pacers Saini and Siraj/h patel. 3 indian pacers in final X1 not good for them

1 hour ago, King6 said:

Rcb should go with 2 indian pacers Saini and Siraj/h patel. 3 indian pacers in final X1 not good for them

They need one of Jamieson or Richardson to fire to have a chance. They should have retained Morris last time, made a mistake there.

Richardson/Jamieson

Saini

Siraj/H Patel

Christian

Sundar

Chahal

27 minutes ago, Majestic said:

They need one of Jamieson or Richardson to fire to have a chance. They should have retained Morris last time, made a mistake there.

Richardson/Jamieson

Saini

Siraj/H Patel

Christian

Sundar

Chahal

Yeah Morris is good in death bowling. Now death bowling looks weak

Edited by King6
3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Ruturaj

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

EuiDZ7MXcAA_MEA?format=jpg&name=large

Great work at Auction i must say 

1. Rahul 
  2. Mayank 
  3. Malan
  4. Pooran
  5. Mandeep/Sarfraz/ Shahrukh/ Hooda/ Prabhsimran
  6. Mandeep/Sarfraz/ Shahrukh/ Hooda/ Prabhsimran
  7. Chris Jordan/ Fabien Allen/ Meredith 
  8. Shami
  9. M Ashwin
  10. Bishnoi 
  11. Jhye Richardson 

• If Malan Struggles they have gayle
  • Jhye is an excellent pick , Malan n Fabien allen are a steal 
  • Lack of Indian all rounder is a concern
  • Mandeep/Sarfraz/ Shahrukh/ Hooda/ Prabhsimran- among them 2-3 needs to come good
  • KL has to bat like KL not Rahane 
  • Bishnoi will face 2nd season test 
  • They can also make a bowling heavy side and be a nightmare of an opposition when it comes to 120 kind of totals 

1. Gayle will start ahead of Malan

2. Mandeep is not suited for finishing as he takes lot of balls. He is the backup.

3. Ideally I expect Prabhsimran and Sharukh to start. Sarfaraz is also not a bad call. 

4. Tail is too weak. Need some firepower in the tail

Great thread @Ankit_sharma03

I disagree with your assessment of RCB. I think they have made a good team, surely focussed on some unreliable assets but they are match winners. I thought they only over splurged on Jameison.But problem would again with buffoon captain. Leadership should start now but with Kohli captaincy ends with auction. He thinks players will come in & automatically start performing at once. Instead of keeping a consistent lineup & giving confidence/clarity of roles to players we usually see bhangra clips, his bromance with AB in IPL. If Virat does a decent job at motivating his players, he has got a decent squad this time.

CSK surprisingly look a very dangerous side. Dhoni will make great use of Moeen and Gowtham. I thought they could have gone for someone like Roy/Hales as replacement for Watson but they have backed Faf for that role. Their batting & bowling look deep. Even if Dhoni is not at his best, I will not be surprised if CSK make the play offs.

DIsagree with your assessment on Punjab as well, they have not plugged the holes of last year. They have relied on rookies & the lower order issue remains a issue. I thought they should have gone hammer & tongs for both Morris and Sakib, would have completed the squad. Jhye Richardson is good but thats a gamble. I don't see them winning this year as well.

MI as usual will be in the playoffs. The only question is who will partner Boult & Bumrah. I hope they play Milne, he was in terrific form in BBL.

SRH same old same old. Bairstow has to play in Indian conditions. Legit match winner, cannot drop him in the name of balance. So let's see how they play around with the balance of the XI. They alway surprise us but don't see them making the play offs.

Rajasthan plugged their gaps with precision with the acquisition of Morris and Dube unlike Punjab. Only weakness if one can point is both spinners lack pedigree but they are not bad. I hope they encourage Lomror to develop his left arm spin, will give them extra dimension. Sure shot play off contender.

DC made a redundant start to the auction with Steve Smith, a complete waste of a buy. But they got a steal with Umesh, now third seamer is issue is resolved. Not many weaknesses in the squad however I thought they would go for an attacking overseas opener as a back up to out of sorts Shaw but they have backed him. Unless, something drastic transpires, DC should make the playoffs.

KKR I thought had an ordinary auction. Some really ordinary picks like Harbhajan, Sheldon, Negi. They got Sakib at a reasonable price but where does he fit in. Only Narine can make way for Sakib which I don't ser happening in first few games. Sakib would have fit in wonderfully in many other franchises but I don't KKR needed him. If marquee players of the first XI struggle, KKR will mostly miss the play offs.