W Hasaranga

Vk1

13 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

not sure if he has been picked by any IPL team.. has a very good googly.. ideal for T20s.. proved himself in T20Is.. when likes of Rashids/ Chakravarthys go for millions why not pick this guy? ideal player for teams like RR/DD

And can bat as well..  Him & Kusal Perera are the guys I'd pick easily. Perera as explosive wk batsman is gun too

31 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

picked by any IPL team..

I think it has become petty clear that IPL teams don't give a fukk about strengthening their teams and winning the title...For them, it's all about how to make the team more marketable to get those :money:

That's why the demand for more 'popular' ones like Kyle Jamieson and the Tom curran and the lack of it for the likes of Hasaranga, Perera, Mushfiqur etc....

4 minutes ago, Norman said:

I think it has become petty clear that IPL teams don't give a fukk about strengthening their teams and winning the title...For them, it's all about how to make the team more marketable to get those :money:

That's why the demand for more 'popular' ones like Kyle Jamieson and the Tom curran and the lack of it for the likes of Hasaranga, Perera, Mushfiqur etc....

I would blame TMs for this.. most of them are from Aussie/Eng background.. they dont understand spin and have bias against cricketers from SL 

1 hour ago, Vk1 said:

I would blame TMs for this.. most of them are from Aussie/Eng background.. they dont understand spin and have bias against cricketers from SL 

How are Sanga Mahela not interested in these guys?  I can understand guys like Moody Punter Hesson having bias against lankans but not those guys. 

4 hours ago, Vk1 said:

not sure if he has been picked by any IPL team.. has a very good googly.. ideal for T20s.. proved himself in T20Is.. when likes of Rashids/ Chakravarthys go for millions why not pick this guy? ideal player for teams like RR/DD

RR already has 3 leggies 

DC already  have many indian spinners

16 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

In IPL Max demand is for overseas fast bowlers n All rounders. Batsman and Spinner are avl in india

Zampa Tahir & even Ish Sodhi have been picked earlier.  None of these guys can't bat.  Hasaranga might be the only one who can do both.   I'll take Hasaranga over someone like Jameson even. 

Just now, Lone Wolf said:

Zampa Tahir & even Ish Sodhi have been picked earlier.  None of these guys can't bat.  Hasaranga might be the only one who can do both.   I'll take Hasaranga over someone like Jameson even. 

Tahir has been a top spinner in LOI and a hit in every t20 league

Zampa has a nack of troubling every top batsman of the world 

But even among them zampa n sodhi didnt work making teams realise better go for local. Their are many wrist spinner coming from Afghanistan. Unless u have an X factor its tough 

3 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

none of the RR spinners are match winners. Hasaranga can have the impact that Varun made for KKR

Gopal is a match winner and RR has their quota filled with leggies why wud u buy more n waste overseas slot. U but what u dnt have. 

They need batsman and Pacer so they buy them

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Gopal is a match winner and RR has their quota filled with leggies why wud u buy more n waste overseas slot. U but what u dnt have. 

They need batsman and Pacer so they buy them

not sure you can compare gopal with hasaranga.. huge diff between a match winning wrist spin vs normal wrist spin

10 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Tahir has been a top spinner in LOI and a hit in every t20 league

Zampa has a nack of troubling every top batsman of the world 

But even among them zampa n sodhi didnt work making teams realise better go for local. Their are many wrist spinner coming from Afghanistan. Unless u have an X factor its tough 

There was this Chinaman picked Zahir Khan from Afg...  Never got a game.  Extremely mediocre so far in Int'l games..  No secondary skill as well.  Apart from Rashid Khan no one has secondary skill unlike Hasaranga. 

Zampa well he has done well against us always..  That's why he gets picked..  Other teams more often than not spank him.  Even Ashton Agar must be considered over him as he has both all round facets to his game. 

Overall these IPl think tank are absolute joke except MI who seem to not care about reputation but pick on the basis of potential.  Tahir to me is too old & Hasaranga can do a better job & can contribute in the field & bat as well. 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

There was this Chinaman picked Zahir Khan from Afg...  Never got a game.  Extremely mediocre so far in Int'l games..  No secondary skill as well.  Apart from Rashid Khan no one has secondary skill unlike Hasaranga. 

Zampa well he has done well against us always..  That's why he gets picked..  Other teams more often than not spank him.  Even Ashton Agar must be considered over him as he has both all round facets to his game. 

Overall these IPl think tank are absolute joke except MI who seem to not care about reputation but pick on the basis of potential.  Tahir to me is too old & Hasaranga can do a better job & can contribute in the field & bat as well. 

why wud u pick Agar when bunch of left arm spinners who can bat are avl - jaddu, Axar, Krunal , Shahbaz ahmed, anukul roy , abhishek sharma , sucith

this is why most ppl dnt get aauction, u buy in overseas what u dnt get in india or X factor player or a certain kind of players who fullfill certain need. This is why moneyball works

Teams buy maxwell despite failing year after year coz their arent many in india who can bat from 4-7 and play at that s/r.

Most IPL team do well in auction now its fans who fall for names n not what team needs . 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

why wud u pick Agar when bunch of left arm spinners who can bat are avl - jaddu, Axar, Krunal , Shahbaz ahmed, anukul roy , abhishek sharma , sucith

this is why most ppl dnt get aauction, u buy in overseas what u dnt get in india or X factor player or a certain kind of players who fullfill certain need. This is why moneyball works

Teams buy maxwell despite failing year after year coz their arent many in india who can bat from 4-7 and play at that s/r.

Most IPL team do well in auction now its fans who fall for names n not what team needs . 

Again you are not getting this..  What's the point of picking someone like Zampa Sodhi Tahir over Hasaranga..  Even Lamicchane for that matter?  Clearly Hasaranga is better option than these names.  Only foreign spinner who is more elite than him is Rashid coz he is gun in all three facets.   Same goes for Hasaranga. I get that Teams don't need many overseas spinners but when they pick they don't go for best possible option.    Same is the case with Phillipe vs Kusal Perera..  Who is more destructive?  There is clear bias towards Aussie & English players but other Asian team players get ignored constantly. 

3 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Again you are not getting this..  What's the point of picking someone like Zampa Sodhi Tahir over Hasaranga..  Even Lamicchane for that matter?  Clearly Hasaranga is better option than these names.  Only foreign spinner who is more elite than him is Rashid coz he is gun in all three facets.   Same goes for Hasaranga. I get that Teams don't need many overseas spinners but when they pick they don't go for best possible option.    Same is the case with Phillipe vs Kusal Perera..  Who is more destructive?  There is clear bias towards Aussie & English players but other Asian team players get ignored constantly. 

Lamicchane was picked n dropped, was their with Dc for long

Zampa troubles top batsman 

Tahir has been hit around the leagues

Sodhi picked n dropped 

Let hasaranga make a big name for himself

Phillipe is a super talent , in few yrs ppl will know and yes BBL performances does play a role

Edited by Ankit_sharma03