IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

I already see improvement in Sen 2.0...  Lot more tighter and accurate. 

I hope that is the case.

But he had to cut down on pace to achieve control in his 2nd over. Hope that was a one off case. 

But then someone like a Mukesh has an ER 3.8 in tests, 10.4 in the IPL and 5.6 in ODIs .. so no harm in picking a genuine wicket taker like Sen in.his place. 

Edited by express bowling

Arshdeep is another bowler who has dropped 5K. He mostly bowls 135K zone these days. He was not consistent 140K plus before but now frequency is very low.

He does not inspire confidence either first up or at the back end. But Khaleel is not way better overall. Not sure who will get selected.

48 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I hope that is the case.

But he had to cut down on pace to achieve control in his 2nd over. Hope that was a one off case. 

But then someone like a Mukesh has an ER 3.8 in tests, 10.4 in the IPL and 5.6 in ODIs .. so no harm in picking a genuine wicket taker like Sen in.his place. 

Bowling nearly after 2 years now, kind of trying to find a place in team be it domestic or IPL, Finding place in RR is getting tougher with all Ind intnl bowlers. Also bowling from lot closer to stumps makes bowler drop some pace-- Urgent need to go out of danger zone , can not really target batters wkts to toes with in-swing. 

The problem has been ill-planning by TM and selectors, Ind is down to 1 bowler now -Bhumrah as Siraj is totally off form/rhythm. They are floating a new name for WC selection every IPL match after any good/Ok performance.

They brought back Umesh for that 1 ODi series against SA , Carrying Saini in A sides , they wasted their time with Unadakat, now doing with Mukesh.

Avesh falls into same category.

Edited by tapandrun

I was looking forward to seeing Arshdeeps batting this IPL more then his bowling due to him hitting more sixes in ranji trophy and improved batting in the SA odis, but due to the impact sub rule i don't think he faced a single ball this season. so in the world cup india will probably play jadeja/axar at 7 and a couple of players that hardly faced a ball at 8 and 9. great preparation BCCI.

3 hours ago, cricspirit said:

Arshdeep is another bowler who has dropped 5K. He mostly bowls 135K zone these days. He was not consistent 140K plus before but now frequency is very low.

He does not inspire confidence either first up or at the back end. But Khaleel is not way better overall. Not sure who will get selected.

None of them ideally. 

if i am the chief selector i would always pick fast bowlers with whom indian batsman are scared of batting against.

its straight if indian batsman are scared other batsman would also be scared. as soon as u make the batsman scared of you , you have already won half the battle.

i can see many batsman just trying to survive BOOM's over and scoring few runs just with good luck- now bcos batters are just wanting to see him out , I can see many batsman avoiding him.

kumble also said batters are not interested in facing sen as he is super fast.

train these guys who have already impacted many batsman brains. if karthik and mayank are considered deadly - they are definitely going to get more batsman out in future.

7 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

if i am the chief selector i would always pick fast bowlers with whom indian batsman are scared of batting against.

its straight if indian batsman are scared other batsman would also be scared. as soon as u make the batsman scared of you , you have already won half the battle.

i can see many batsman just trying to survive BOOM's over and scoring few runs just with good luck- now bcos batters are just wanting to see him out , I can see many batsman avoiding him.

kumble also said batters are not interested in facing sen as he is super fast.

train these guys who have already impacted many batsman brains. if karthik and mayank are considered deadly - they are definitely going to get more batsman out in future.

India is producing lots and lots of fast bowlers these days.

But it is high time we have a system which identifies these pacers early and moulds them into finished products. Monitor and manage their fitness and see to it that they play sufficient FC and List A cricket by the time they are 22 / 23.  

Fast bowlers must debut early as their shelf life is short. But to do this they must become reasonably finished products by the time they are 22 / 23.

Sen is 27 and still we are not sure whether he is a finished product. Nagarkoti is lost in the system. Mavi and Avesh have lost pace. Tyagi and Umran haven't played that many FC matches.

This is really bad management of raw fast bowling talent. 

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

But it is high time we have a system which identifies these pacers early and moulds them into finished products. Monitor and manage their fitness and see to it that they play sufficient FC and List A cricket by the time they are 22 / 23.  

Fast bowlers must debut early as their shelf life is short. But to do this they must become reasonably finished products by the time they are 22 / 23.

Sen is 27 and still we are not sure whether he is a finished product. Nagarkoti is lost in the system. Mavi and Avesh have lost pace. Tyagi and Umran haven't played that many FC matches.

We now have 

Sakib.  19

Mayank. 21

Hangargekar 21

Harshit. 22

Tyagi. 23

Umran. 24

Let's not waste these guys through mismanagement. 

Umran and Tyagi have already lost way.

51 minutes ago, express bowling said:

you hit the nail- exact issues with indian system,

fast bowlers' shelf life is max 5 years and I kind of believe that BOOM would be in his last or second last year now.

SHAMMI's time is OVER- he is trying to stretch which is a very difficult task and he may be able to play one series at MAximum and he will either be dropped or he will retire or try to keep himself ready for next IPL.

Siraj also seems to be going down the HILL...i saw one over against Lanka when he bowled all his balls at 141+, in the same match when he took 5 wickets or in the previous match. he got his wickets with swing at 140+ Pace. he looked UNPLAYABLE that day. i guess he got 6 wickets that day. now he bowls just 1 or 2 balls above 140 in his entire spell- clear indication his body is giving up, 140+ takes a toil on your body- it is very tough.

Umesh is close to retiring.

bhuvi has become a serious under 132k medium pacer- they have identified mukesh as his replacement but mukesh's swing bowling capabilities are not even 50 % of that of BHuvi. deepak chahar bowls under 125k so he is not an international standard bowler.

problem is guys who are bowling line n length  are not fast bowlers like khaleel, arshdeep , even mohsin - all these 3 left arm pacers are ideally a little slower than what India requires - I liked arshad khan that day but lets see how good he bowls.

among right arm avesh is HOT & Cold..still capable to bowl 140 + but how on earth he thinks he will get same success bowling under 132K.

tushar Deshpande also has  some line issue's , though his average pace is 137k I guess ...

kuldeep sen /karthik tyagi/mayank yadav /prasidh are few bowlers who can average 138K ( mayank can average 147k, umraan 145k) ..and few more bowlers should be identified and selectors/coaches should be strictly told to train these guys and ONLY Pick from these guys( even if trundlers are taking bundles of wickets in domestic cricket)

just see how fast these guys improve. if they pick trundlers , they cant build a good pace attack.

yesterday I saw krual pandya bowl a 118K Spin ball as fast as UNADKAT..sidharth the tall spinner bowled 114k ...

why should u pick a trundler if u want fastish spin pick krunnal or sidharth 

On 4/11/2024 at 10:53 PM, express bowling said:

Poor 3rd over from Akashdeep.

Dew causing problems for most bowlers in the 2nd innings. 

bro ..in the first match a fast bowler can commit mistakes ...he requires BACKING.

i am convinced akashdeep is good

Posted (edited)

NDTV Sports article trying to find reasons to exclude Mayank from the WC T20 squad. Same reason that is usually peddled .. we have experienced performers and Mayank lacks experience. 

It is hence safe to say that even experienced Indian bowlers have struggled to produce their best in crunch situations in ICC tournaments over the years. Add to that, Mayank's inexperience even in India's domestic circuit and one can imagine why picking the 21-year-old speedster comes with huge risks.

India's think tank also has proven talents in the T20 stage in Arshdeep Singh, Avesh Khan, and Deepak Chahar, to name a few. 

Edited by express bowling

20 minutes ago, express bowling said:

NDTV Sports article trying to find reasons to exclude Mayank in WC T20. Same reason that is usually pedaled .. we have experienced performers and Mayank lacks experience. 

It is hence safe to say that even experienced Indian bowlers have struggled to produce their best in crunch situations in ICC tournaments over the years. Add to that, Mayank's inexperience even in India's domestic circuit and one can imagine why picking the 21-year-old speedster comes with huge risks.

India's think tank also has proven talents in the T20 stage in Arshdeep Singh, Avesh Khan, and Deepak Chahar, to name a few. 

Inexperienced yusuf pathan opened directly in wt20 2007 finals against Asif, Gul and Tanvir. Inexperienced joginder sharma bowled the final over. Inexperienced captain dhoni won the cup.

Experience has won us nothing for seventeen years in t20. But the paid media shills will never acknowledge that. 

43 minutes ago, express bowling said:

NDTV Sports article trying to find reasons to exclude Mayank in WC T20. Same reason that is usually pedaled .. we have experienced performers and Mayank lacks experience. 

Safety first...  Lack of guts,  risk taking ails Indians in almost every sphere of life. 

Someone tell these r**ards that they are not winning anything with their eggsperince... 

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

NDTV Sports article trying to find reasons to exclude Mayank from the WC T20 squad. Same reason that is usually peddled .. we have experienced performers and Mayank lacks experience. 

except BOOM and shammi ( who is not available) ..no other pacer except mayank deserves to be in the world cup team purely on merit.

arsh avesh prasidh are all below Par...

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Edited by expres

Lol,proven talents?

Arshadeep is equally inconsistent as Siraj is

Deepak chara? Avesh?

Teams will target 350 against this attack and sleep walk through our 185s and 195s with 6-7 overs to spare

How clueless and sold these cric writers/analysts are?even after years of mediocrity they back statpadders and imaginary control bowlers like those trash named above

3 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Starc is now fast medium bowler in IPL. Mayank should understand this that bowl at the pace which your body allows even 147-148 is good enough to be a good bowler

Ye konsa statement hai?

Mayank should understand..?

Did you see him bowl and his action?

He's just 21,body is still developing

You have the leverage to bowl at 150s in t20s anyway