Dinesh Kartik (the finisher) Watch thread- the last piece missing in our batting squad **POLL ADDED**

Ankit_sharma03

Do you agree with ankit_sharma's opinion about Dinesh Karthik?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with ankit_sharma's opinion about Dinesh Karthik?

25 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

A batsman cannot be picked for batting 10  balls only. That is a waste of spot. It's a jhoomla of highest order. Selecting a 35 year old because he can bat for 10 balls is crazy. If the expectations are so low then give a chance to youngster . Even many young hitters like Kishan can surely tonk a lot in 10 balls.

its t20 ofcourse a player can be picked for 10-15 balls 

kishen doesnt do finisher role for his IPL side , also his game is also more of power then range we already have that with hardik...need variety 

Role, variety , combinations matter

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

its t20 ofcourse a player can be picked for 10-15 balls 

kishen doesnt do finisher role for his IPL side , also his game is also more of power then range we already have that with hardik...need variety 

Role, variety , combinations matter

I would rather give a chance to a youngster like Kishan than bringing 35 year old back into the folds. Kishan to me has more potentia than Karthik and I have seen Karthik a lot over his full career. Be it 10 balls stupid concept or a 100 ball knock, I have Kishan as my preferred pick over Karthik

1 minute ago, Straight Drive said:

I would rather give a chance to a youngster like Kishan than bringing 35 year old back into the folds. Kishan to me has more potentia than Karthik and I have seen Karthik a lot over his full career. Be it 10 balls stupid concept or a 100 ball knock, I have Kishan as my preferred pick over Karthik

by pushing him in areas where someone else is more suited or where he doesnt bring much new 

those are old style plans -to prefer individuals over team combination or strategy 

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

by pushing him in areas where someone else is more suited or where he doesnt bring much new 

those are old style plans -to prefer individuals over team combination or strategy 

You may feel Karthik is better but for me I have more hope from Kishan. So got to disagree about this selection.

Just now, Straight Drive said:

You may feel Karthik is better but for me I have more hope from Kishan. So got to disagree about this selection.

dnt think karthik is a better player then kishen as his career is almost. This is what ppl are not getting

Im not comparing karthik vs Samson or kishen, im saying who ll do better job for me as backup finishier which acc to me is karthik. Kishen anyways will be in my squad 

its not about individual comparison , its about role 

32 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

dnt think karthik is a better player then kishen as his career is almost. This is what ppl are not getting

Im not comparing karthik vs Samson or kishen, im saying who ll do better job for me as backup finishier which acc to me is karthik. Kishen anyways will be in my squad 

its not about individual comparison , its about role 

Why karthik though? For that 10.ball finisher role we can bring raina back from deep freeze and shoe horn him into that role. He is even more clutch than karthik. 

13 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

Why karthik though? For that 10.ball finisher role we can bring raina back from deep freeze and shoe horn him into that role. He is even more clutch than karthik. 

raina cant play pace, spin ....anything . He was dropped coz he was struggling against short ball, off spin, yorker ..almost everything. He did play as finishers in 2016 Wc 

Also raina is retired now 

but kartik

S/r vs bumrah- 217
Archer- 159 
Starc- 233

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

1 hour ago, Straight Drive said:

A batsman cannot be picked for batting 10  balls only. That is a waste of spot. It's a jhoomla of highest order. Selecting a 35 year old because he can bat for 10 balls is crazy. If the expectations are so low then give a chance to youngster . Even many young hitters like Kishan can surely tonk a lot in 10 balls.

Those 10 balls can make a difference to the result. He has won matches batting at 3 also, but that's not his primary area of strength.

1 hour ago, The Dark Horse said:

Those 10 balls can make a difference to the result. He has won matches batting at 3 also, but that's not his primary area of strength.

Every ball can make a difference to the end result. It's just not about 10 balls. It's about 120 balls in T20i innings provided the team bats for 20 overs.

Edited by Straight Drive