UEFA Euro 2020 thread

Norman

Congrats Italy!! the best team of the tournament won

England barring the first 15 min simply did not make any attempt to win the game. Italy had 66% pocession which became 78% second half onwards.

You play like cowards karma catches up with you.

Southgate lost this game with his substitutions (or lack thereof) 

Yay I'm so happy for Italy; my new wannabe home country. This should also be a shot in the arm for the  Congress. I'm so happy for the first among equals RaGa and SoGa that their team won. 

Once again the Congress I (Italy) has defeated the colonialists.

3 hours ago, G_B_ said:

Congrats Italy!! the best team of the tournament won

England barring the first 15 min simply did not make any attempt to win the game. Italy had 66% pocession which became 78% second half onwards.

You play like cowards karma catches up with you.

Southgate lost this game with his substitutions (or lack thereof) 

Sporting super power England haven't won anything since 50+ years? I keep getting memes on this in my feed.

Surely I must have made a mistake. Surely a country with such a pedigree of athleticism cannot  not win *any* competition in a game they invented. 

:p:

Edited by Mariyam

12 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Entire country is upset and in a shock...all doom & gloom situation here in England. Bit like how ICF was after CT finals or WC semi 2019 :sad_smile: 

You were never in the game. Italy was the better team.

CT was different. The better team did not win.

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Sporting super power England haven't won anything since 50+ years? I keep getting memes on this in my feed.

Surely I must have made a mistake. Surely a country with such a pedigree of athleticism can not win *any* competition in a game they invented. 

:p:

The cricket world cup says otherwise :D

1 hour ago, G_B_ said:

The cricket world cup says otherwise :D

A sport played by 10 teams. Could you even call it an international sport?  And had to steal it away from New Zealand by inventing archaic rules. 

Imagine settling a football match by saying if goals are tied after extra time, then a team which scored through more set pieces wins.

Or a tennis match, where it's tied at 6-6 all 5th set, and instead of a tiebreaker, they say the player who had the most aces wins.

Such was the outcome of the 2019 CWC. No wonder why Cricket is a dying sport. 

4 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

A sport played by 10 teams. Could you even call it an international sport?  And had to steal it away from New Zealand by inventing archaic rules. 

Imagine settling a football match by saying if goals are tied after extra time, then a team which scored through more set pieces wins.

Or a tennis match, where it's tied at 6-6 all 5th set, and instead of a tiebreaker, they say the player who had the most aces wins.

Such was the outcome of the 2019 CWC. No wonder why Cricket is a dying sport. 

Its not just the cricket wc though? England won the wc in t20 as well in 2012. 

They are also former rugby wc champions.

Apart from football is italy active in any major sport of any kind?

Its all very well saying England not won anything for 55 years. But England are in with a shout in football cricket and rugby. These three represent thr closest thing to global sports. No other sporting entity can say the same.

2 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

England has given us our language ,politics ,borders,military, media,education,sports, vadapav,clothes.Italy has given us Sonia and then they speak with a funny accent and have weird names .

Add Curry , Reservations and Bureaucratic babus. Italy has given us Pizza, Shoes and Mafia

8 hours ago, Gollum said:

(NH) Winter WC next year, probably for the first time ever. Climate will be good in Nov-Dec, 20-25 deg C. 

Wasnt 1978 wc in arg held in nov dec?

But that was summer in southern hemisphere